cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating my phone

Jillb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My SIM card has been inserted.  My phone is unlocked.  My payment has gone through.  My phone is an iPhone SE. The phone is telling me that the SIM card that is installed..which is the one you sent me...is not supported under the activation policy  that is currently assigned by the activation server.  This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone.  

13 REPLIES 13

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jillb 

One of my friend had the same issue with a Virgin SIM on his Moto G Play phone. He installed the SIM backward in the SIM tray and it was indicating No SIM and he damage his SIM... 🤦‍

Good thing the SIM still works.

In your case, it sounds like provisional issue as indicated by @darlicious.

@Jillb wrote:

I would if I could set up an account or if it is set up then get into it

If you were charged for the SIM card activation than your activation should have been successful, also (as @pmbc says) you should be able to log into your My Account. Where are you getting suck?

Try a different device to log into My Account, if still issues you can submit a ticket with customer support for My Account help: Create or forgot My Account email or password link

Just to confirm and rule out a device issue, are you able to try the SIM card into another compatible phone and see if any services work?

And while you are at it, what is the harm to  check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Edit, striked out above, I didn't notice @hycm53 's post before I submitted my reply

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jillb 

Well this is probably another reason why the activation portal is going down for maintenance. You still need customer support on this one because your self serve account probably didn't set up properly either. Did you take screenshots of your activation or write down the pertinent information? It's best you use the private messaging option and include the main verification  info so they can get everything sorted out for you.

@Jillb wrote:

Hi thank you.  You're the first sane person I've delt with in the this long journey.  I've been using computers on line of about 20 years and have never confronted anything like this.  The main problem is that I am unable to set up or sign into 'My Account'.  It won't accept my password(s) and it won't send a code to my email address so I have no 4 digit PIN number.

Since PM website has caches issue, so clear caches , cookies then using computer and private or incognito mode browser to login. For some mysteriously reasons, mobile device some times hard to login, so don't use mobile device to login.
Follow above method try login again.

Where did you buy your iPhone SE?  It's brand new or used one?

If it's used one, make sure it is clean :

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jillb wrote:

It sounded like you had set up the account as you said you went through the activation process.  If you're unable to login to the account,you should use the password reset link and reset the password for your account.  Confirm it's still a valid account and check the SIM serial #.

Jillb

Jillb

Hi thank you.  You're the first sane person I've delt with in the this long journey.  I've been using computers on line of about 20 years and have never confronted anything like this.  The main problem is that I am unable to set up or sign into 'My Account'.  It won't accept my password(s) and it won't send a code to my email address so I have no 4 digit PIN number.

Jillb

I activated it

Jillb

yes

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jillb 

No it isn't....it's a provisioning issue. Sometimes Sim cards don't provision correctly upon activation.  Customer support can fix that for you. Submit a support ticket via SIMon or send a private message. Read the spoiler in the linked post below if you choose to send a private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jillb Can you check that the SIM serial matches the serial on your account?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you follow all these steps?

Yummy_0-1673635386904.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jillb @Did you activate the SIM card or just get it and stick it in your phone ?

Need Help? Let's chat.