cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account

Bill591
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I cancel my husband's account after he has passed away.  I know his community access but not his user name & password.   

8 REPLIES 8

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Bill591  If still troubled with this just close his credit card. PM will automatically stop billing his estate when payment fails. His account will officially close 90 days later. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Bill591 

I am sorry for your loss. I know this is a difficult time for you as I have been there. You can gain access to the account by contacting customer support and verifying the account! thru community account or by answering some questions about the account and the payment card on file. It's likely the email/username is the same as the community account. Check for the community account email in the profile....the avatar at the top right corner of your screen.

May I suggest you also consider scheduling a change plan on next renewal to the lowest priced plan the $15 (unless it's on the $10 legacy plan). You can then suspend the account via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on day 30 of its cycle. This will keep voicemail active and you can reactivate on day 88/89 for another 30 days ad repeat.

I still maintain my late partners phone # on a $10 legacy plan after 6 years for the simple fact that when discovering online accounts without a clue to the password I was able to reset it and gain access by having the phone # for 2FA verification. It's been over a year since the last time I needed to do this but it's been very handy! 

Suspending service as above will cost approximately $45/year (about 350 days or so) minus any rewards ($2 autopay+up to $5 loyalty=$7). You can re-evaluate after a year if you still want to keep the pm service....you may want to pass it on to loved one who would appreciate both the memories and the rewards $$ off the monthly payment (30 days).

Stay strong! Every day gets a tiny bit easier....and he's always there in your heart.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Very sorry for your loss.

When you cancel the credit card then you will cancel this account indirectly. It can't renew. It suspends. It deactivates. It cancels.

Bill591
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just had to say I'm so sorry

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bill591 

You can contact a CS_Agent via private message or SIMon Chatbot on this Community page but keep the phone near by so you can get the security code by text from the agent.

Or the other option is to stop payment for 90 days but you will need to remove all CC or AutoPay from his account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bill591   Sorry for your lost

You might want to message PM directly to get his Self Serve My Account login 

Once you got the login, you logon to My Account , go to Payment page and Disable Autopay, and then remove credit card.

Then, acount will be in suspended mode at the end of this cycle as PM cannot get the money for renewal.  90 more days of nonpyament, the account will be permanently closed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.