cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended

benderama
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan expired today and I wanted to switch over to the most basic plan... but unfortunately, as I just found out, I have to reactive my current expensive plan before I can get on to a basic plan?

How does that make sense?

Anyways, moderators, please make the switch asap as I can't make any phone calls... very disturbing since there's no way for the daycare to contact me at the moment. Seems like an extremely dangerous oversight. Not letting customers renable their accounts even with the funds are sufficient.

5 REPLIES 5

benderama

Unfortunately, that is not good news.

At this point, I'm porting out. I can't handle not having a phone for any lengthy duration.

This bug is essentially hijacking my phone number and given the other messages I'm reading about not receiving a reply for several days, I'm tempted to renew my $120 plan so I can use my phone immediately, instead of taking days or weeks to try to get switched over.

Then after switching, I'll ask for the money to be refunded or transferred to koodo. If that doesn't work, I'll escalate to a manager, then file a CCTS complaint. Or do a chargeback. 

This is my only phone line and the only way for my kid's daycare and my elderly parents to reach me. And to only way to verify some of my accounts including Google. Yes, 2-factor verification will suck without being able to receive a text. 

So, I don't need a reply with lip service. Later this morning I'm going to renew and port, and then ask for a refund. 

So if you're able to escalate this then please do. Because from what I'm reading, there are many people in the same boat. 

If your plan is active, you can change your plan.  An inactive plan cannot be changed at this time.  Good news is, Public Mobile has indicated they are working on this for the future.  However, as with everything else here, it takes ages to implement.

benderama

I understand the process fully as I have had multiple accounts for the past few years.

I am hoping that this gets resolved in short order, but what I really want is for PM to fix this situation where people can't change to a lower plan, and in essence, people have no access to calls and or text messages for a prolonged period of time.

That is something that should be corrected immediately. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@benderama

You will need to private message one of the moderators.  Unfortunately, it usually takes 1-2 days for your account to be active again.   

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

(Do not send multiple messages to moderator. That slows your response time significantly)

Or just send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

(include your phone number, your account number and PIN)

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Your account is suspended, and as this is a prepay system, you can't do anything without it being active.

As you've found out, you needed to schedule your plan change prior to this happening.

Never rely solely on one form of communication.  It's going to be at least 24-hours before a moderator will be able to respond to your message - Have you sent them a Private Message yet?

You'll need to include your account number, phone number, PIN.  Don't send multiple messages, as you'll keep resetting your spot in the first in, first out, line up of issues.

If you rely on this service, your best option right now is to reactivate your previous plan, and future date the new one for your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.