cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended for "suspicious transactions"?? Please help!

Sim1991
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Guys,

I have advised my husband to switch to Public Mobile cos I had a great experience.

However, when he finally made the switch yesterday, he received a text from "+1-999-999-9999" like below:

IMG_5430.PNG

Now he can NOT make phone calls, cannot login his account, his account is disabled/suspended, cannot reset his password, cannot send ticket to an agent. We called the given help number, there is no option or agent there can help. I have send a message to the customer team on his behalf but I don't know how long will they get back to us. So please help us Community... 

I feel bad cos I asked him to use Public Mobile and he transferred his old number over...now he is disconnected from the world....

@CS_Agent 

16 REPLIES 16

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM should clarify what is 'suspicious transaction'.

So you are saying when your husband switched to PM he immediately received that SMS?

So he received SMS on his new PM number????

Really curious what caused this SMS and account suspension.

PLEASE let us know of outcome! Good luck and just be patient; it will be resolved for sure!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't be certain that the from address is legit though. But it's not a link. It's the from address. The phone number could be something else though.

I'm just confirming that it's an email to text. Why would the company do that?

thanks @Anonymous   for confirming.  Now we know it is legit and not spam  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

AngH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This seems like a scam, typically public mobile messages are the short 6 digit numbers, not the traditional 10. Maybe try to talk to a moderator? It weird how your husband cannot make calls but he can receive text messages? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Find it weird that it is not send through a short code but a 999-999-9999 number

@Sim1991 can you login to My Account?  does it confirm that your account is suspended?  Can you use the same credit card to pay to reactivate the service?

Also it is better to check with your credit card if your last charge with PM was reversed for any reason

Anonymous
Not applicable

The fact they have no service suggests it's not spam.

I suspect their card issuer assumed Koodo was fraud. But we need confirmation from the OP as to whether the charge was from Koodo.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sim1991 

Definitely look like Spam. Don’t click the link and block the number. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

fyi - 1-855-478-2542 is a valid number to call.

It is the number you can call to check the status of your account when not using your public mobile device...same as 611 from your device.

Huh, if this is a Koodo chargeback incident, I wonder if PM just started implementing sending that text?

What does it say when you call 611?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Iirc that 999 number is used for email to text. Maybe your bank thought Koodo was fraudulent and cancelled the transaction...if it said Koodo.

Sim1991

Thank you so much, this is really the first time I've experienced something like this, I really like Public Mobile and suggested it to many friends already.

Sim1991

I don't have serice now and my PM account is disabled, I cannot login... so I have no idea who else was able to disable my account and lock it without my permission if it's not a PM account manager? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Sim1991 , a CSA should get back to you shortly.  You did not do anything wrong by suggesting this service, it is solid.  In the meantime, check the email account associated with this account for suspicious activity.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Sim1991   It looks to me like a spam/scam/phishing.  Why would PM sent you from 999-999-9999 phone number?

and important thing is, do you have phone service now?

Sim1991

Thank you, already sent, nerviously waitting...😂

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.