cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended - can’t reactivate despite credit balance

samwise1867
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On a trip to the US I find out I essentially have a wifi only phone!. I’ve set up an auto payment and there is nothing wrong with the credit card. I’ve also logged into my account and it shows I have a balance (I’ve also topped up the account with more than is required for my monthly plan). What’s happening? When I attempt to reactivate the account I am able to successfully ‘check out’ that shows a deduction from my credit. But, no phone service and every time I log back in to my account over the course of the last 2 days it still shows the account is suspended. Again, what’s happening. Ticket submitted hours ago and no response. 

41 REPLIES 41

@samwise1867   happy that it all sorted out

Enjoy your trip

samwise1867

And I am ACTIVE. And my credits are sorted out. No change to my rewards. Whew!! The CS_Agent replied to the private message sent through the link provided by @softech so the solution should have gone to you. 

samwise1867

I got a reply. So my account has a ‘never seen before’ glitch. In trying to purchase a US add-on - the billing cycle was reset but on Public’s end the services were still showing as active. They will try to restore it on their end. Thanks to all. In the end it was something only a CS agent could deal with. 

@samwise1867   Yes, please reply CS_Agent and keep the conversation going.   Let us know how it turns out

samwise1867

Using the little envelope? Replying to their message about the ticket (where they just asked me to verify). I provided a response saying I had an issue then the next message is ‘checking in’ that everything is working fine? I’ve sent replies to the CS_Agent through that. 

So you have been in contact with support? Or you only created the ticket and have had no response? Did you do the private message method?

samwise1867

I have been trying to *reactivate* constantly over the last two days. No reactivating no matter what I try. The reactivate button takes me to the payment screen, it shows the credit will be applied, I checkout and I always get a message that it is successful. I can download a receipt - it shows the credit on the account was used and there is credit still left…. I log back in again (always incognito)… Suspended. The credit shows as it was before the ‘payment’ - (the transaction doesn’t go through). I’ve sent replies to the ticket created. No response since yesterday afternoon. 

@samwise1867  Can you login to My Account?  Please login to My Account using Incognito mode and try to reactivate the account first.  Click Reactivate my plan and it should work since you have money in your account.  Then reboot the phone once and try buying US roaming addon again

if nothing work, please message CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

samwise1867

I have tried reactivating over and over. I can’t purchase add-one because the account is suspended. I tried purchasing an add-on over the automated phone system this morning. I was able to add funds (even though there is already $60+ credit). After I added funds I got to the options for add-ons but when I selected US roaming I got a message “there is a problem with your account”. Like I dont know!! So the problem seems to boils down to that I have a suspended account that just refuses to be reactivated by me (on the website using the button, incognito, after adding more funds, waiting 30 minutes, reporting lost then reinstating) despite all the suggestions or hacks everyone has so kindly suggested. 

does this have to do with the systems that are moving over to TELUS? I’ve seen other threads (Reddit, here) that talked about this and others have had account problems that have coincided with the beginning of this week. Am I in limbo because I went to the states and was on another provider network? Is my account in some quantum state? Argh! I just want my account active! Mostly so I can port my number and get off Public ASAP. Which is no reflection on how helpful you all have been. 

Sigh indeed. Did you restart the phone?

Did you get around to sending a private message to support? Click on the envelope upper right and address to CS_Agent. Seems the ticket goes nowhere these days. Yet another hiccup of this place.

And it really actually makes sense that one wouldn't suspend when one is already suspended. Oh well. It was worth the try anyway. Keep an eye out next renewal that you get the rewards paid.

samwise1867

That’s fair. I reiterated the problem and put screen shots into the private message. I’m now just waiting for a response. I even tried adding funds via phone. So now my account has over $80 credit but still I can’t get out of the loop of trying to pay using the credit, getting a message that it’s successful only to have it still suspended. 

samwise1867

The link worked but when I logged in again (incognito always now) even though I was able to resume, the next screen was that my account was still suspended. Sigh. 

Well that's embarrassing. Yes of course it is. I haven't seen the idea mentioned in a while.

Use this url and see if it works. Be logged in to the account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/lost-or-stolen-phone

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@samwise1867 

Not to generalize, but some of the CS_Agents don’t read all the information that you’ve provided when you submit a ticket regarding an issue. You often have to repeat the issue(s) that you’re currently experiencing even if you’ve already stated the problem in the first place. 

You will likely need to re-state the problem you’re currently experiencing AND what you would like them to do to resolve the issue on their end. Linking to this thread may not be entirely helpful when multiple CS_Agents end up working on your ticket throughout the course of the business day. 

samwise1867

With the account suspended the lost/stolen option (and any other edits I want to make to the account) are greyed out. Can’t click. The CS response was wondering if I still needed help?? I sent the link to this thread after I verified my account?? 

Log in to the account and upper right click on quick links and then choose lost/stolen. In there, click on suspend. Log out and log back in and then click on resume. Restart the phone.

But yes if you're on rewards then there will likely be a problem for your next renewal.

samwise1867

How do I set it to lost/stolen? 

samwise1867

So I've taken and break and still suspended. Yes, I agree the math on the credits and the account don't match..... I got the 'verification' response from the ticket - now I'm just waiting to see what solution may be offered. I've provided a link to this thread in the forum. I'm going to hold off using the lost/stolen function - I don't want to complicate the process. Wish me luck! I will report back with the outcome for sure.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The 14th payment is still a mystery when seeing the Aug 5th date for deactivation. You also appear to have lost $15 along the way. You show a second $15 deposit but it didn't make the balance $30. You should now have a balance of $801.

Was this list from after using incognito mode? Let us know the result of the lost/stolen function.

@samwise1867   the fund is there but somehow not used towards reactivation

again, you can wait for support to reply you.  If you opened a chatbot ticket, I suggest you to message them this time instead with your ticket number

Another workaround is to put the account in Lost/Stolen, logout for a minute.  Log back in and resume the service and see if it can trigger the reactivation.  However, with this trick, you should check back with support to confirm the rewards will continue next cycle (as this trick usually will break it, but it is an easy fix for support)

samwise1867

IMG_7862.png

IMG_7865.png

IMG_7864.png

IMG_7863.png

samwise1867

Yes. Used the correct button. I am in an infinite loop. I’ve followed up on the ticket. accordingto  the chatbot there are issues with the ticket system…

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

He's taking a break. But the payment on the 13th is a puzzler. And then the renewal popping back into the cart. I would have gone to chargeback but he's able to login to the account so it can't be that.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@samwise1867 what happens when you click the REACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT button? Does it just loop you back to make a payment or do you receive an error message?

@samwise1867 if you have time, provide us the Payment history since April 7 and maybe we can make sense of the whole transaction. (Again, please use Incognito mode ..)

Also, do you have any Available fund showing up on your account?

samwise1867

Thanks for replying so quickly. They took a payment from my card on April 13 and it shows in MyAccount payment history. I just tried adding another $1 to the account. I’m going to take a break for an hour to see if anything updates…. This is exhausting! I’ll also follow up with the ticket. Thanks again - to all!!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

May 7. 90 days to Aug 5.

Apr 7 might have been the last payment/renewal. Not sure where the 13th came from.

@samwise1867 wrote:

IMG_7851.png

@samwise1867  you still not getting the updated information.

A deactivation date of August 05 would mean a Suspension date of April 7th.  So, this is info from last month (unless you didn't renewal on April 7th)

But if you have been using the service until 2 days ago, then somehow the My Account still now showing you the correct information.  

It usually does not take 24 hours for support to get back to you , just message them for update

samwise1867

Sooooo, the message on the account via phone is that it is suspended. When I try to top up, it says I have $0 owing. Sigh. Any more tips? 

So that's the $50 plan? And you have a $50 balance?

Go into payments and make a manual payment of $1. That might make it go.

It's odd that it keeps reappearing in the cart though. Is your credit card getting multiple charges?

Need Help? Let's chat.