cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended - Autopay enabled

Jblain4877
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My account shows it is suspended despite having autopay enabled. I saw posts from mods over 2 hrs ago saying it would be fixed within 15mins. I am still unable to use my phone and have not received a reply after sending a PM. Is anyone else still having issues? Is there a way to fix this on my end? 

I used to really like Public Mobile but this is incredibly frustrating.

30 REPLIES 30

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ChanPatr wrote:

Since Public Mobile doesn't have call centre, how do you reach them with regards to missed rewards not being applied?

You'll find all the info needed here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

ChanPatr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since Public Mobile doesn't have call centre, how do you reach them with regards to missed rewards not being applied?

DaveInYYC

Yes, this is a big disappointment for a no-frills carrier.

What would be great is if the mods messaged all the affected users (or all the users) to let them know about this so people weren't worried about not actually being out of service.

I also hope I won't have to follow up about refunds, credits, fixing referrals broken because of this, etc.

ChanPatr

I received a text on April 6 from Public Mobile notifying me my next payment is due on April 9. I'm on AutoPay so I ignore the message. Today I tried to place a call just before 2:30 pm and was told payment was required. Fortunately, I had access to a nearby landline to make my call so I was able to workaround Public Mobile. A few hours later, I decided to make a test call but this time it worked. I signed into my Public Mobile account and it looks like they decided to charge me a day earlier and the payment entry is called "System Issue" instead of "Automatic Top-up". The amount charged however is still the same except none of my rewards were applied. The AutoPay feature has always been seamless for me until today. 

Spantch101

To those who say it works to make manual payment . Yes  and no.... i couldn't call for work so i made manual payment but my mms and data were not working. I got calling back though

DaveInYYC

This sucked.

No communication to affected users either. I get they need to fix it, but can’t provide a wide update?

koffey

Will post back details.  Not sure how to edit posts on cell phone.  Newbie to these forums. 

koffey

Had the same issue.  Nothing wrong with my cc, so I just paid.  My renewal isn't for a few more days, and I'm hoping not to lose my bonus  

andrewptmac

I have this same problem. I added more credit to the account and phone still doesn't work. Also I had promo on my plan where I get $10 off my plan for another 3 months. 

acglen

Same problem with my phone. This is so annoying. 

derekald

My phone is working properly now. I did not make a manual payment.

Bish500

The same thing has happened to me, but logging in and making a manual payment has restored my service.  

karmask

If you paid manually, it may take a short time to enter the system, I think. But also you need to power down your phone, wait at least one minute and turn it on again. 

That worked for me once the moderator resolved the autopay issue.

You can write the moderator:

• you need to share personal or account info,  so send a private message to the Moderator Team by clicking the envelope icon, then ‘New Message’, and address your message to Moderator_Team.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

CarolS

my services are suspended when can this be dealt with have autopay do you need payment set at a different date?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@katmckenzie wrote:

My phone is working now but i have checked ahead to next month.  My account payment is due May 7 2019 but autopay is not set up to come out till may 8 2019.  This will happen again. Please align due date for accounts and the autopay system.

@katmckenzie 

The date on the overview page is the end date of your current term. The date for autopay is the start date of the new term. Payment is taken after midnight into the new term.

katmckenzie

My phone is working now but i have checked ahead to next month.  My account payment is due May 7 2019 but autopay is not set up to come out till may 8 2019.  This will happen again. Please align due date for accounts and the autopay system.

CarolS

why are some accounts suspended i have autopay

bssbronzie

Seems like the moderator account is offline now.

If you need to make calls, I suggest get your account working again with a manual payment.

Then contact the moderator team here (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437)

and they'll resolve the loyalty rewards/payment date issues tomorrow. 

This is what they said in a different thread

@Moderator_Team wrote:

Hello everyone,

For those you you affected by the plan expiry issue, please restart your phone and test your services.

If you are still unable to use your line, please send us a private message.

For any inquiries about Rewards or if you have made a manual payment, please send us a private message, as well.

Thank you,

The Public Mobile Team

wphipps

I don't know bro. I paid mine and it worked right away again but I still lost a lot of work. and I didnt get any rewards for the payment. it looks as though auto pay wont come out on the 12th anymore it shows now May 8th so auto pay adjust if you make a manual payment but your still out rewards

@Jie001 wrote:

I am a uber driver,  I also paid by manually ,  still no seriveces. what should we do next?

As you can see from this thread, a manual payment works.  So, get the account working for now and reconcile the rest later. 

Jie001

I am a uber driver,  I also paid by manually ,  still no seriveces. what should we do next?

wphipps

The good news is that if you make a manual payment it works again for those who need it right away, at least it worked for me.

wphipps

I work on-call and missed a call for work. I need my phone 24/7. 

Hashiriya86
Same here. I rely on this phone to get work assignments. I can't afford to miss any calls. I had to make a manual payment just so I won't miss the call window.

bssbronzie

I don't recommend making a manual payment (unless it's really urgent)

From what i gathered, you will likely lose the autopay bonus for doing it. There's a chance that you might be double charged when auto-pay is fixed. I recommend to wait for the fix and send the moderator team a message to bump your case if it's urgent

derekald

Same. No reply to PM sent 4 hours ago.

bssbronzie

I believe most users with autopay are having this issue following yesterday's maintenance. My services were restored half an hour ago so I know the mods are working on it. The reason why it's not back up for everyone is likely because the amount of users affected were more than they initially anticipated.

If it's urgent, you could send another message to the moderator team directly so they can prioritize your account. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

wphipps

i had to make a manual payment but I'm out money now. same thing happened.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jblain4877, I think you are going to have to be patient with this one.  It is probably taking longer than what they noted in the forum response. I am sure contacting them will not speed things up as they are probably devoting all available resources to the issue already. 

ericsome

Same here, just sent the PM but haven't got any feedbacks yet.

I noticed the next auto-pay date is Apr. 10th, so it seems to be another 2 days to go. Frustrating!

Need Help? Let's chat.