cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account, phone, SIM card

patbun316
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I take the Sim card out of my iPhone, and put it into an old, flip phone, keeping the same number

6 REPLIES 6

omegaman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What Iphone model to what flip phone model?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@patbun316 

Your flip phone likely takes a micro sized Sim card. If you saved the larger sized frames from your original tri-cut Sim card you can just snap the larger sized frame back on the nano sized Sim card. Many cell phone dealers or providers have tri-cut Sim card frames from their activations lying around that they will give you one for free so popping in to a TMS or Best Buy location etc.....or a telus or koodo store should avail you of a micro sized Sim card frame.

If you happen to be in Vancouver i can give you one....? Just private message me. Otherwise once properly sized for your flip phone pop it in and you should be good to go unless your phone is locked to either the bell or Roger's network.

IMG_20210612_235700220.jpg

If your flip phone originally came from telus or koodo then it will work on pm whether it's unlocked or not....unless it's really old!! What is the make and model?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Well, @patbun316 , it depends HOW OLD the flip phone is.

My favorite, ever, mobile phone is attached below.   This beast was virtually indestructible, kept a charge for almost a week (even after 4 years of use!!!) and let me tell you, was the coolest device ever.

But alas, had no SIM card slot.    Really old .... hopefully yours isn't this old.  LOLOL

HALIMACS_0-1619876160789.png 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@patbun316 yes , you can. 

just make sure the flip phone takes the same nano size sim card.  If it take the micro or full size sim, you will need adapter to "upsize" it.  Mobile stores usually can give one to you for free 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@patbun316 

some older phones may not have all the freq's required.

What is the make and model of the phone ? Is it unlocked ?

added

https://willmyphonework.net/

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@patbun316  Just as long as the phone compatible and the SIM cards are same size otherwise you need get new SIM card swap sim #

Legend  features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1674425173081.png

Account #/ change # port

edit   @patbun316  Looking at @darlicious  post and pick @darlicious @is genius 

Need Help? Let's chat.