cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account cancellation

winterroad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I opened an account for someone visiting from abroad for two weeks. Now I noticed that Public Mobile has deducted $50.40 for three consecutive months even though my visitor only used the card for not even two weeks. Please let me know how to get the money back for month 2 and month 3.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@winterroad 

It’s unlikely you will receive a refund – not removing the auto pay feature or porting the number to another provider means that public mobile is fulfilling its obligations by continuing to charge the card every 30 days.

If you were able to reach an empathetic customer support agent, they might make an exception.

Good luck!!!

Go in to the payments screen and find the credit card entry screen and turn off autopay. If you like, I could give you a zero balance visa gift card and you can change it in there and that would fail a renewal anyway. Then the account would be suspended and then 3 months later it will disappear altogether.

winterroad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I can log in to the account and have submitted a ticket now, thank you.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

By default, opening the account turns on autopay. It's not about usage or even the sim in a phone and on and connected to the network. The sim can be in the garbage and the phone out of the country. Public doesn't know or care. All they care about is your money. And they rope you in with the default autopay.

Can you log in to the account? Do you have access to the email account that had been used to open the account? Do you remember the phone number? Or have it in your history?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@winterroad , the account auto renews unless you disable it.  You can do so by accessing the online account and changing the setting in payments.  As for refunds, please initiate a support ticket using the chatbot link.  At the same time, it is suggested that you ask to have your payment card removed from the account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.