cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete port

mathialagan001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I ported my number from rogers to public mobile on April 26. But from the looks of it the number wasn't completely ported and is still active with rogers and partially active with public mobile. Can I get some help ? 

6 REPLIES 6

@Meow wrote:

@computergeek541 

Please advise, What will be the most correct advise in case when customer initiated porting, can call/SMS out but not receive calls/SMS?

To call porting number? To contact agent? To confirm if customer followed porting procedure to the letter?

All customers should be directed to SIMon to open a ticket for any account related support issues.

@computergeek541 

Please advise, What will be the most correct advise in case when customer initiated porting, can call/SMS out but not receive calls/SMS?

To call porting number? To contact agent? To confirm if customer followed porting procedure to the letter?

mathialagan001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Was able to contact an agent and fix my issue. Thanks

@Meow 

The point about being able make calls to send text messages becauae of a tempoary number being assigned isn't correct.  When a customer requests a number port during activation, a new phone number doesn't get assigned.  Also, even if the customer did first activate with a temporary nunber first, that temporary number immediately gets replaced as soon as a number porting request is submitted. Until porting has completed, both the account at the old carrier and the account at Public Mobile will both have the same phone number. Outgoing text messages and calls do work, but it isn't because of a temporary phone number.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mathialagan001 

Did you reply to the text from Rogers with their SIM in your phone confirming you are porting over to PM?

This is the most critical step in completing the porting.

If you missed this step or replied out of the 90 minute window. You need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you but you need to leave the Rogers SIM in your phone for the text.

I will pm you the Porting number to call.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Cannot be 'partially' active with PM. It is transferred or not. You can call/SMS out but just because you have been assigned temp number.

If porting is not completed, cantact agent or call number I am going to send you by private mail.

Did you follow porting instructions to the letter????

Initiate porting; keep OLD SIM in your phone; reply YES on SMS from old provider within 90 minutes?

Need Help? Let's chat.