cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Removing Promo Code

cccailinn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched to Public Mobile back in July and when I signed up I used the promo code '12MONTHS2GB' to get the extra 2GBs of data for next 12 months. My regular plan is just 1GB of data, so with the promo I'd have 3GBs in total. The past 2ish months I've noticed that I was running out of data very quickly, even though I wasn't using much. However, every time I checked my account it said I hadn't used much (around 17.4 MB used) of my regular data and none of my extra 2GBs. Today I got a notification that I used 100% of my data, so when I checked my account it said I used all of my 1GB and I no longer had the extra 2GBs.

I'm guessing this started a couple months ago but for some reason my account never updated. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get this back and make up for the lost months of my extra data as it has not been over 12 months yet? Thanks!

P.S. I can't reenter the original promo code, it says it's invalid.

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bedn2000 

Did you recently activate? If so contact customer support and ask them to add the promo code for you. As long as you are on at least a $25+ plan customer support will add 12MONTHS2GB for you. If you have a $35+ plan you can ask them to add the promo code 2GBBONUS instead as it has no expiry date.

bedn2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same issue and hope to get that promo added or... move to different provider with consistent Customer Support outcome.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bedn2000 

You're probably leaving the cached version of your self-serve account. Log out and log back in using secret / incognito mode and you should see your promotional data at the bottom of the plans and add-ons page where usually is or you can try using the little refresh page arrow thingy at the bottom right of the page.

bedn2000

I just had the same issue. The 2GB promo disappeared. A week ago I saw usage about 50% of 1GB and today it all disappeared and I was left with no data available at all.

Jeez.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@EasyDay 

Sorry but that is not correct. The promocode 12MONTHS2GB is for 2GB of recurring monthly plan data for 12 months. 

But welcome to the community and we appreciate your participation. If you are unsure how to answer a question try using the search box first.

Edit:

Sorry this is a delayed answer.... But if your promo code did not register then ask customer support to add it for you. Did you activate on the $25 plan or did you activate a $35+ plan? 3G or 4G?

EasyDay

@cccailinn 

Sorry, you're actually correct...there was a promotion for extra 2gb monthly... My plan is new, I used the same promo code and signed up for the same plan as well... I didn't get any extra data, cuz I thought it's for the anniversary... 

I think I should ask for the extra data too.... Thank you!!!

EasyDay

@cccailinn 

I think the promo code is a one-time "2GB" bonus at your anniversary (after 12 months)... not extra 2GB monthly

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cccailinn 

Unfortunately our new and approved self-serve accounts are not improved just new. As mentioned it's likely when you sign in you are getting the old cached version. Follow @Outdoorsman instructions on logging out and logging back in using secret/intcognito mode for an updated version of your account.

You also be able to scroll down the plans and add-ons page to see whether or not the 2GB promotion data counter is on your account. If you don't see it under the promotions part of that page then you will need to contact customer support and ask that is added to your account. That would give you the 12-month promotion starting this month rather than July when you activated.

You can also get a downloaded version of your daily usage pages by selecting the date filter but do not use the type of usage filter as it is glitchy and will not filter correctly. Then you can view your usage in a downloaded version but keep in mind that data is only updated in two 12-hour blocks reported once daily around midnight Eastern. There will always be a slight lag in your data usage by 12 to 24 hours. Otherwise your data counter in your account will have up to the minute usage when viewed in secret/incognito mode. If you are not on mobile you can also refresh the usage by using the little round arrow thingy at the bottom right corner of your page.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@cccailinn Hi clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser in private or incognito mode reboot your device and sign back in if your account doesn’t update 

you need the help of a service rep

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user

Need Help? Let's chat.