cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Log In

benmerc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I attempt to log in, I get a message that my log in attempt failed.  When I try to reset my password, it again says my log in failed (even though I'm technically not trying to log in).  When I try to create an account is says I already have an account associated with my email.

I'm trying to cancel a contract as my daughter lost her phone a year ago.  I've tried multiple times to close the account and can't get anywhere with this platform.

I appreciate the affordable rates, but there is zero ability to deal with any customer service issues.

Hoping someone can help!

10 REPLIES 10

@darlicious  You don't believe it is fixed now  or you don't believe it at all?

it's not too bad if you know your way to get  Simon to get you to the ticket open page , by putting in the correct words in sequence.

@benmerc 

Apparently Simple--Simon has been fixed....not enough for me to ever use him though. Private messaging is always a good option. You will be able to verify the account thru your answers to questions from the CSA  regarding the payment card on file. Expect a reply within an hour if you take this route.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

benmerc

Yeah, my next call was to my credit card company.  Will attempt to settle this with sending a ticket, but from the lack of success previously I'm not sure that will work.  Thanks for the PM phone number.

benmerc

Thanks.  Will give that a try.

guitarpickr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Benmerc, a couple of suggestions for you...you can call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter the 10 digit phone number associated to the account and get information about the account. Another suggestion would be to call the credit card company that is associated with the account and stop the billing cycle. After 90 days the account will be suspended and you will be able to use your email again if you need to sign up. If you do need to sign another account up right away I would suggest opening another email account or Gmail. Hope that this helps resolve the issues.

@benmerc 

Call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter the 10 digit phone number associated to the account. This will give you the basic account info including the renewal date. Make a note of this date (You need to top up before ie. February 1st 2022).

On January 31st before midnight eastern put a hold on the payment card that is registered for autopay on your daughter's account.  At noon eastern the following day (February 1st in this example) call 1 855 4PUBLIC again and check the status of the account. It should say it has been suspended for non payment. Remove the hold on your payment card.   

The account will remain suspended for 90 days. It will then be cancelled and deactivated the following day and the phone number returned to its original provider.

If you call 1 855 4PUBLIC and you are told the phone number you have entered cannot be found or be associated to an account then the account has already been cancelled and deactivated.

Technicals
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

are you still getting charged monthly?

you can send a message to a support agent here  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@benmerc  are you still getting charged for your daughters account?

If not, then it automatically closes after 90 days of nonpayment/suspended status.

OR, if you ported out the phone number that closes it too.

If you are still getting charged, but cannot log into the account contact CSA by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@benmerc 

Try clearing the cache on your browser then go on incognito first then try login.

Need Help? Let's chat.