Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Deactivated?

MikeT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Morning,

After an initial porting issue things were great but my account now says:

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service.

Despite this the phone is still working.

This is crazy and I paid $120 on sign up. Message sent to Mary_M who helped with the porting issue. Hopefully she can get back to me soon.

Thanks,

Mike
19 REPLIES 19

Rayl

@Rockdaddy22 back to Canada, account still have same problem.  anyway we can get help for this problem?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Yes, please let us know tomorrow.

Rayl

@oilblue99 I will back to Canada tomorrow, I will update the post tomorrow, I  hope it returned to normal upon returning to Canada.

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rayl

I think there's a glitch with the US Add-on. I've seen posts from people with the add-on and then their account was suspended while down south. That's not to say the add-on is completely broken, but something isn't quite working right for some.

IIRC, @Luddite mentioned hearing from others in the community that PM service returned to normal upon returning to Canada...not entirely helpful while you're still in the US, though it's another clue there's a glitch in the Matrix somewhere. Hopefully a Mod can intervene tomorrow as you're without service.

In the meantime, maybe FAQ #7 from the add-on Announcement will help:

• Why is *611 not working while I am in the U.S.?
    We’re working on this too! Dialing *611 is not available now, but will be coming soon. In the meantime, you can dial 1-855-4PUBLIC instead.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/U-S-Roaming-has-arrived/td-p/94947

Call that number. Might be just an automated system...but maybe there's a way to get it working again through that number.

Good luck!

[editted typos]

Rockdaddy22
Ok, I'd bump this thread in the morning. Maybe also send an email to support.

Rayl

@Rockdaddy22 my account show: Your account has been suspended. my AutoPay Next Payment Date: Feb 5, 2017.

I am roming at USA now.  the phone are working, but it show Plan Expiry Date: Nov 28, 2016, Account Deactivation Date: Dec 29, 2016, I pay less than month for 90 days plan and I also add roming talk and text before I roming USA.

Rockdaddy22
So you have no service? @Rayl

Rayl

I send pm to mod since Tue no reply, no help. Account still not work.

Rockdaddy22
Perfect 🙂

MikeT

Thank you it's working now.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @MikeT

I'm really sorry to hear about this! 

Can you reboot your phone please? everything should be good to go.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K could you take a look at this please:)

MikeT
Can't make calls. Get a message saying talk is not part of my plan. Text works and so does data.

If your phone is working just ignore the "Suspended/Expired" messages.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MikeT wrote:
12 days is unacceptable. I've been with PM for three weeks and this is my second problem needing customer service. With Fido and Rogers I never needed customer service but they were available to me. The cost savings at public mobile is not worth this hassle. Their business model is completely flawed and is going to hinder their growth.

Agreed. One would hope that they get these issues sorted out; there is no way this model can be sustained if whevener there is a promo everything falls on its ear.

Hopefully they get this sorted out... 

MikeT
12 days is unacceptable. I've been with PM for three weeks and this is my second problem needing customer service. With Fido and Rogers I never needed customer service but they were available to me. The cost savings at public mobile is not worth this hassle. Their business model is completely flawed and is going to hinder their growth.

@MikeT if you sent a message, all you can do now is wait. PM posted a message yesterday that they're looking at a 12 day response time. I know that's a long time, but they're working really hard at getting caught up, so that time period could shrink. The issue has to do with the port not "sticking" and it's been happening to some new customers.

Really sucks, I know, so you may want to consider temporary service through fongo.com. It uses wifi, but it's free and at least you'll have a phone number you can use. Another option... get a SIM from 7-Eleven for their SpeakOut network. It's also pre-paid, so you can add as little as you need. Funds expire after a year, so it's a great emergency option.

Sorry there's not better news, but I'd suggest one of the options above for now. ALSO, make sure you ask PM to reset your 90 days once you regain your service.

MikeT
Personal message was already sent.

nathanrehel

Hi MikeT

There are many of us that are experiencing the same issue. Must be a glitch on PM's end. I'm currently been helped by @Shazia_K to fix the issue. To get a heads start i would personal message a MOD your account info. I did not in my first message, waited 7 days for a reply only to be ask for my account info by a MOD. Now it seems i'm waiting again. 

Need Help? Let's chat.