cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About transferring numbers to other operators

fxx_susan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There,

I would like to transfer my number to other operators today, but I just paid the monthly fee from Sep15- Oct15, 2022. Can I get the rest of my balance back? Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.

Sandra xxxx

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

8 REPLIES 8

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@fxx_susan 

send a private message to  CS Agent   and ask them if can help or do port out next 25 day

hi @IF you request porting, once porting is completed,  your application account will be closed.  No partial refunds.  You won't be able to login you account once the account is closed.  Some people like to disable Pre-Authorized payments for peace of mind

fxx_susan

Got it, thanks.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@fxx_susan 

As mentioned before, Public mobiles will not pro-rate plans.  If you transfer your number today, you will lose whatever is remaining with your PM account/plan.  If possible, you may want to wait a couple of weeks to port out, but it is up to you.  

Yes, porting out numbers closes accounts. This is so with all providers. For prepaid though, most providers won't do pro-rated refunds.

fxx_susan

Do you mean that I will stop this account and prepayment after I successfully transfer it out?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not refund paid services.

While PM account is active, plan to transfer number out close to the end of pay period.

In the mean time remove autopay and ask agent to remove your credit card from your account to avoid accidental charges. Both account have to be active in order to port out/in so do not suspend your PM account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @fxx_susan sorry, No .  PM is prepaid and won't refund for that.  maybe activate your new line and port 3 or 4 days before this cycle ends

Need Help? Let's chat.