cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to Change Community User Name

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you all know that we now have the ability to change our own Community User Names?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

Interesting...What would be the purpose for this I wonder? Other than less tickets to CSA to ask them to change it.

ZoinksVersion2_0-1685804290087.png

ZoinksVersion2_2-1685804340074.png

ZoinksVersion2_1-1685804313685.png

31 REPLIES 31

@esjliv  ping them again for update.  At least the good news is that it is fixable

@softech wrote:

@esjliv   "My Profile" link is now there again.  PM reset my profile last night and it is good.  Check yours

Oh, that is good...for you @softech ! 🙂

I just checked on 3 different browsers, and My Profile is still not showing in the dropdown. I did submit a ticket a few days ago about this and it was sent to 'technical dept'. So who knows 😆

@esjliv   "My Profile" link is now there again.  PM reset my profile last night and it is good.  Check yours

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I liked the idea of being given the choice to change usernames but I have been thinking about this since it started, I see a few changing their usernames more than once for the sole purpose of disrupting the Community, be disrespectful, name calling, insults & much worse which I won’t post, so I am not so sure we should be allowed to changed them ourselves! Then again , why punish the rest for others behaviour? A few can ruin it for Us all! There’s no filter or lack there of when choosing usernames! Some users should be permanently banned due to how they have behaved lately!
Take things away that we need & give us something in return to distract Us!

I think I just rambled! 🤣

Just my unwanted/unasked for opinions!  🤣 There’s my 2 cents worth! 🙂

@softech wrote:

@esjliv to get to your profile, right click on your Avatar and click open in new tab 

Whaaaatt!? that worked and is a neat trick @softech  thanks 😃

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv   Yes, I experimented with that option when I lost access to my username last week.  I think it's nice that PM finally let us do that for ourselves along with the very useful email change option.

@esjliv to get to your profile, right click on your Avatar and click open in new tab 

You know how to get a hold of me otherwise, @esjliv  

... meaning private message, of course ... 😉

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS guess I'll need to go to your post and use the link to see My Profile - LOL. 

@esjliv I have other alerts , just not alert for Bravo's

I guess the 2 issues are not linked, I just lucky to have both LoL

@softech wrote:

@esjliv Welcome to the No My Profile club.. I am part of it

do you get alert and pop up with Bravo activities?? 

Yes, I get alerts to bell icon @softech 

@esjliv Welcome to the No My Profile club.. I am part of it

do you get alert and pop up with Bravo activities?? 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Oh for goodness sakes, now my "My Profile" is missing after esjliv was recovered by CSA

esjliv_0-1685811876362.png

Didn't @meow post about this issue? Where is @meow? New Community Account maybe?

@esjliv  strange indeed , hope they solve it from happening altogether , but good they have a solution  to fix for now .

@Handy1 wrote:

@esjliv  Happy to see it didn’t take to long to get resolved 

Within 4 hours @Handy1 . But why even happen at all? I've asked the question to the CSA, and didn't get an answer. Was suggested that all community accounts will be affected like this...but why I wonder?

@esjliv  Happy to see it didn’t take to long to get resolved 

@softech wrote:

ha @esjliv I thought you have been posting with this new Community, I guess you logged n with some cached help and the cache was cleared and you had problem

Glad you are back 

CSA needed to restore my esjliv profile @softech. Zoinks is now gone and not accessible any longer.

hi @esjliv no worry, important part is you are back

ha @esjliv I thought you have been posting with this new Community, I guess you logged n with some cached help and the cache was cleared and you had problem

Glad you are back 

@esjliv , ohhh now I get it! 🤣 Sorry. Good to see your name back! Thank you for speaking up. 🙂

@esjliv  Welcome back 😉

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow @Handy1 @LitlLdy @HALIMACS @dust2dust  - AH, so this is why I have been seeing some Anonymous posts lately.

Zoinks / ZoinksVersion2 was ME (esjliv). I was hit with creating a new community account nickname. Which I did, then submitted a ticket to get changed back to me.

Sorry, now I have no access to provide a solution to this Zoinks post. I probably would have given hTideGnow the solution as I didn't even realize we could change our email on My Account now under the EverSafe manage area also, that's cool.

Maybe if @Luddite can give you it when they review and clean up posts.

Ah gee, @hTideGnow , now you made me blush.

🙂

Hi @HALIMACS  why change you name, you look good as you are now  🙂

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous , yes I saw that when I was signing in for the 1st time on this new setup! I was just 🙏🏼 to be able to keep this one that I have had for 4 years! 😃  It’s a good option for those that don’t like the username they chose, especially one they made when in a bad mood! 🤣

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, I hear you just fine @HALIMACS 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes, I did @Anonymous 

The question is... should @HALIMACS  switch to @halimacs 

DOES IT APPEAR I'M YELLING ALL THE TIME!!!

🤔 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous  I did notice that myself , but have no interest in changing my nic name … unless I had just joined and wasn’t happy with my handle from the start …. So still nice to see the option there thou .

Need Help? Let's chat.