cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN Settings and Port Question

lemonkitkat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Everyone!

I just signed up ( 5gb, $40 plan) and wanted to make sure everything is good to go. I have two questions:

1) How do I know when everything has ported? I was able to receive a phonecall last night, while the PM Sim was in my phone, and it seems like I can receive and send texts, and that data is working well too. Everything seems functional. BUT, I haven't received a confirmation text about the porting going through, so I was wondering if I should keep waiting for that.

2) Regarding APN settings, do I have to switch my settings over? I haven't yet, but it seems everything is working fine anyways, even when I toggle off my wifi settings and use data, all is well. If things are working, do I need to go through the apn setting step?

Thanks so much! Happy to be a new member here

10 REPLIES 10

@lemonkitkat wrote:

2) Regarding APN settings, do I have to switch my settings over? I haven't yet, but it seems everything is working fine anyways, even when I toggle off my wifi settings and use data, all is well. If things are working, do I need to go through the apn setting step?

Your APN settings are already set. If they weren't, you would even be able to use data. The other thing to check when it comes to that is if you're ablle to send an MMS message.  

lemonkitkat

Ill give it a shot! Thanks!

lemonkitkat

I dont have another phone to call myself from, and my roommate is away during covid, so I just have to text friends to try and call, and then let me know if it works

@lemonkitkat wrote:

Looks like it didn't actually port?? Friends are saying that when they try to call me it goes straight to voicemail...

Thing is, I received the text with my pin, and im able to receive and send texts on this sim, so Im not at all sure whats going on. When I look at my account on my previous provider, it looks like nothing has changed, so account is still open there. I think Im stuck mid0way in the port process.

I've opened a ticket with the moderators.

@lemonkitkat   While you wait to hear back from moderators you can try rebooting your phone a couple of times and if that doesn't help, try powering off your phone, remove the SIM, wait 5 mins and then reinsert SIM and restart your phone.

Good luck and welcome to PM 😊

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lemonkitkat Are you able to try and call yourself to test it?

lemonkitkat

Looks like it didn't actually port?? Friends are saying that when they try to call me it goes straight to voicemail...

Thing is, I received the text with my pin, and im able to receive and send texts on this sim, so Im not at all sure whats going on. When I look at my account on my previous provider, it looks like nothing has changed, so account is still open there. I think Im stuck mid0way in the port process.

I've opened a ticket with the moderators.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@lemonkitkat sometimes customers get a confirmation text as I have heard this being said by one of the oracles. But this does not always happen. You should have received a text with your PIN number. If your data is working then there is no need to reset anything. 

Welcome to Public mobile so glad to have you!

If you have any more questions do not hesitate to reach out! 

lemonkitkat

Very good to know, thank you for the reassurance and the welcome everyone!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@lemonkitkat wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I just signed up ( 5gb, $40 plan) and wanted to make sure everything is good to go. I have two questions:

1) How do I know when everything has ported? I was able to receive a phonecall last night, while the PM Sim was in my phone, and it seems like I can receive and send texts, and that data is working well too. Everything seems functional. BUT, I haven't received a confirmation text about the porting going through, so I was wondering if I should keep waiting for that.

Thanks so much! Happy to be a new member here

When your PM phone features are working...all should be good. Nothing more to do but enjoy your savings.  Your old account will be closed automatically.

If data is working then no further adjustments required.

Welcome aboard.

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think everything is good. You don't have to do anything other than trying to get the awesome PM rewards. Welcome to PM. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.