cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACTIVATION FAILED - NO PHONE SERVICE - CREDIT CARD CHARGED

lauramichelle12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please help:

I activated my SIM last night and ported my number from Telus.  At the end of activation, got the message "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help."  But now I have no servi...

This seems like an unnecessary headache.  They charge my card and don't provide service?  If I knew I was going to have to be without service, I would not have signed up.  

Emailed for support last night and nothing yet....PLEASE HELP 

@Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D

34 REPLIES 34

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Weird 😞

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @bluenoser

You just confirmed that everything was functional?

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

bluenoser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tomorrow marks two weeks for me of waiting for service!! I've been emailing back and forth with a support person, but still no resolution on the issue.

lauramichelle12
@cindyleungpc
Imported from Telus. I had even called Telus to ensure the porting was complete on their end (it was).

Rockdaddy22
@lauramichelle12 maybe Shaz fixed it for you after you sent the message? Either way, welcome to the PM family 🙂

cindyleungpc

Did you activate a new # or ported an existing # during activation?

lauramichelle12
@bluenoser
@cindyleungpc

Sorry to hear you're having the same issues. All I can suggest is to power cycle (off and on) every once in a while to see if it connects. You can also tweet Public Mobile, FB message them, write on their FB wall, create a post and tag the moderators, private message the moderators. I did all of the above. Never got one response, zero, absolutely nothing, but somehow it started working. Good luck. Luckily my wait was only ~24h. Some people have been more than 1 week.

cindyleungpc

Tried to activate 4 hours ago.  Same issue.  Still not activated.

Contacted Moderator, haven't heard back yet.

bluenoser

I'm having the same issue (as everybody else it seems). I've been without a phone for two days, this is beyond frustrating and a terrible first impression! I emailed support, but not sure what else to do to get it fixed. It seems like they are not using any kind of chronological order to address the issue with customers. Any idea how i can just cancel this, get a refund, and can i port my number to another provider, given the limbo my account is currently in? I'm so frustrated!

olegd

Mine is now working too!  Thanks to whoever fixed it.

lauramichelle12

And just like that, without any messages from anyone, I have service.  It's a Friday miracle.  The solution was to power cycle my phone every 30 minutes until all of a sudden I had service.  

Rockdaddy22
I promise it is worth it, the headaches will go away but you'll still have this awesome plan 🙂

lauramichelle12

Rockdaddy22
Send @Shazia_K ALL the info now

Full name on old account
Sim number
Phone number you want to port
Account number with old provider.

Just give us a chance, she the absolute best 🙂

lauramichelle12

@Tmhook

Thanks for the link, I see that lots of people are experiencing similar issues.  I also see that the link was from a few weeks ago.  Public Mobile should have figured out this issue.  Starting to wonder if I should just call Telus and get re-activated there.  This isn't worth the headaches.  

Tmhook

@lauramichelle12

Check out this solution (link below) to someone else's issue. Looks like it's a bit of a wait and hope one of the moderators or PM IT guru's re-activate your account. At least I think this is the solution to my issue which sounds awfully similiar.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Activation-failed/m-p/77771#M6244

Good luck! Hope they can fix everyone's issue.

Sitting here patiently waiting, hurray for Wi-Fi!

Rockdaddy22
This carrier does not have phone support. That's how prices are kept low.

Leena_sachdev

At least they should have telephone customer service so that we can explain whats happening. waiting for PMs and replies will take forever.

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately that's not how ports works, I guess you had a failed port. I know it sucks. I'm just saying that the community is flooded with people complaining like you. So I'm just surprised people aren't aware of the potential issue. I feel for you guys, I really do.

Not the first company to underestimate demand for a new product.

Rockdaddy22
It's a know win situation, if they stopped activations the outcry would be crazy.

olegd

A responsible company would halt activations as soon as the system issue was known.  Let people know on the web site that system is having issues and take contact info from people interested in promotion.  Once issue is resolved contact people and sign them up.  What is happening nstead is not fair to customers who are left without service nor to support staff who is overloaded with no end in sight.  

lauramichelle12

@Rockdaddy22 I should have known there would be issues?  So I shouldn't have signed up?  Maybe my expectations are too high, but I did not expect to be without cell service.  If they are going to have a promo and push to get new customers, they should be prepared for an influx of customers.  At the very least there should be a safeguard against cancelling the previous service provider until the new provider is up and running.  

jjdwhop

same issue here!

danicahxchan

@MG2

That's great advice on getting a ticket number as evidence for once the promo end...although I'm sure we're all hoping our issues get solved before then. Smiley Happy

Leena_sachdev

@MG2 What do you mean by ticket ?

Rockdaddy22
I'm sorry to all you guys it's very unfortunate. You must of known they could be issues getting started. It's all over the community for a few weeks, driving insane, almost 😞

olegd

Same issue here.  Ported from Telus on Tuesday.  Sent several messages to Mods, no response yet.

I currently have NO CELLULAR SERVICE at all!  My credit card got charged - that part works great, hey?

Hopefully someone will look after me soon!

@Shazia_K, @Mary_M, @Saray_O, @Caroline_D

lauramichelle12

Good idea.  I have a ticket number, so I feel good about them honouring the deal.

MG2

@lauramichelle12 @danicahxchan @Leena_sachdev

Same thing happened to me.  Best advice I got so far is to get a ticket number from the PM support group so that you actually have a ticket number to refer to after this deal ends.  I know the mods are way behind.  I am waiting for an issue that I reported on Monday to still get addressed.  I hope with evidence of a ticket number, they will honor this special promotion when it ends on Saturday.  Not saying that they won't but it puts my mind at ease knowing I have an e-mail from them acknowledging the problem.  I do have faith in them and that they will get this all working soon!  

Follow this link:  

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Tmhook

Same issue here. I'm without service since they cancelled my other Telus account. I'm sure they will have a back log of issues today so I'd imagine the mods will be busy! Patience is key! From other posts, sounds like they are a great help once they can get down the lists of customer issues!

Need Help? Let's chat.