cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day plan 3x rewards?

Johnovich
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Could anyone who switched to 90 day plan confirm that they got 3x reward instead of 1x?

126 REPLIES 126

@gpixel- Because it's the plan price per month times 3 for the 90 days. It says right there "/month". So you pay the full price up front for 90 days and you have use of all the data for the whole 90 days. Just like the old 90 day plans were. You will get the rewards paid in as normal and for the previous 30 days if you change on next renewal. Immediate plan changes have never paid rewards at that time.

@gpixel  understood you last post to say you need pay $90 + tax for 90 day cycle left me to assume you have have $27 in rewards so if I’m correct about that the $39for 20GB would leave you a balance bill of $12 …. But if I’m off base I apologize. I made change plan for next renewal on the 90 day I see how it looks like I’m losing 2 months also at first because I only get 1x reward to start the cycle but if in the end of 90 days and I have the 3x the rewards for the following 90 day cycle .. then I don’t see a loss from there on 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Jeez. I'm certainly one to distrust corporations but this one has had rewards for many years now. I would think they've got it figured out.  So it's a wait and see to hear about the observations of the early-adopters. The change on next renewal should of course be just the previous 30 days of rewards that gets credited sometime the day before. Community is on its own time schedule nowadays. Then we'll see after the first 30 days whether a 30 day portion of rewards will be credited. Or that it would all get credited at the end of the 90 days. I really really really doubt this company will rip off the rewards of those that change to the 90 day plans. Really doubt.

@gpixel  I think it just looks that way , then on your next renewal of the $117 90 day you would in effect  only pay $36 +tax for your next 90 day cycle 

Add if my calculations is right I’ll be paying $60 + tax for same plan as my rewards sit right now 

it’s like joining from day one with this plan 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Klept  Best way to avoid lost credit at least to minimize the lost  credit .before jumping ship make plan change in next renewal for 30day subscription for the amount of available fund /reward credit you have in account 

add because even on a 30 day cycle once you leave your gonna loose the reward you would have earned that cycle anyways 

@Klept- If you port out your number then you forfeit everything anyway. I agree with softech, while we're all kind of locked in to a 30 day "contract", the 90 days is that much longer.

We won't see the effects of the new 90 day plans for another month or 3 as they've only just been introduced.

Klept
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Kasumiii do you mean on the first bill with the new 3 month cycle? I was charged this morning and only got 1x rewards. 

@softech I am on the old reward system. I understand what you mean with why it was conducted this way so that people can’t just constantly switch subscriptions. Just if you ever jumped ship from PM then it sounds like you will have credit sitting there collecting dust as you are no longer a PM member.

Kasumiii

I’m pretty sure I got the 3x reward, maybe just wait a little?

@softech  Absolutely will ! I’m confident in getting 3x rewards .. all Im interested in seeing is will it be 30 day increments of rewards or just at the end of 90 day .. but I believe response I got from agent from my earlier post is accurate. Because I also assume any community reward will also be credit it every 30 days and not 90 

@Handy1 once your 90 days plan started,  do you mind to post the Upcoming payment again to confirm if all the rewards are going to be 3x as we expected/hoped.  thanks

> you rewards at the same time that's how it was for years there are not postpaid

@Veni this is not true. Reward are not prepaid. Let say you have $2 Loyalty and $1 friend rewferal and $2 Autopay., so $5 rewards discount in total.  If rewards are prepared, then this will happen

• You renew on Jun 1 , you get $5 discount. TRUE
  • You make an immediate plan change on Jun 11 to another plan, you will get another $5 discount because Rewards are prepaid. REALLY??
  • Then on Jun 21.  You make yet another immediate plan change and again, another $5 discount because Rewards are prepaid.

Honest, I don't see the rewards work this way

Similarly with $2 Autopay discount.  Let say one stick with 30 days all along.  One decides to try 90 days plan once and change it back to 30 days after the end of the 90 days cycle.  This is what you are getting for both 30 days and 90 days cases.  The amount you get in each renewal

(please note all these $ will be in your account one day before renewal as PM is now putting the rewards credit in your available fund on the last day of your plan cycle)

30 days plan., renewal date and Autopay rewards 

• July 1 $2,
  • July 31st  $2,
  • Aug 30th  $2
  • Sept 29th $2

90 days plan

• july 1st  $2.   
  • Sept 29th  $6.   

What is see is in both case, you get $8 in Autopay rewards.  It is true it is a spread out for monthly or just a lump some for the last $6 on 90 days plan

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Wowwwww

To add a wrinkle to all this, back in the autopay reward days we used to get a $2 credit shortly after signing up. The messaging for new customers still says this too but it doesn't happen and it certainly should if they're going to say so.

I don't know why there's so much animosity about this. If people have been here this long then they know how it all works. When we got some enticing plans not long ago even some of the oldtimers switched out of their precious 2016 plan. But it was a bit of a mess for the system to sort it out coming from the 3x rewards to just 1x. But at the end of their last 90 day plan they still got 3x the reward - post-paid. Then at the end of their new 30 day plan they got the standard 1x. To then switch back to a 90 day plan customers will have come to the end of a 30 day plan and thus get 1x reward. Then at the end of the new 90 day plan they will get the 3x rewards. Or as mentioned from an agent (can we believe one agent as always) 1x reward credited in to the account each 30 days which would come to the end of the 90 day plan as a total of 3x. But then hey customers can use the credit to buy add-ons if they like rather than the big chunk at the end that immediately gets used for the renewal.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Veni  But when you first activated with PM you payed full plan price . Wasn’t till afte that first 30 days you start to earn rewards .. so same is true of the 90 day plan 

Veni
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes. Same BS as our politicians. Why don't you run prime minister of BS then. Good you get $5 discount hahahaha. 

Everybody gets it. Wowwwwwww.

Veni

Thank you. You don't get it. I'm blind you know. I can't make a difference between loyalty and discount. Bsssssss

Veni

Don't worry Amigo I cancelled it but I hate the BSsssssss. Some are trying to say the wrong is right now the right is right. Everybody should know about BS and stop defending PM wrong doing.

CS agent confirmed that I'm right. Capichi?????????

@Veni it is a personal choice, no right or wrong

GOOD: you get some extra saving, at least $5 /month

Good or Bad: you get all 3 months of data upfront, so you can spend more data on one or two particular month(s) without worrying using up the data.  But that also means some control and don't use up 90 days of data in one month

Bad: this is pretty much a 90 days contract, you are locked in

Veni

Has nothing to do with the discount. Discount is for the plan not loyaltyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. 

Autopayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 

You pay for 3 mothsssssssss in advance you get you rewards at the same time that's how it was for years there are not postpaid. 

It's all new but no transparency.wowwwwwwwwwwww

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Veni  To save $5 bucks on the plan that’s why people will opt for $90 day 

@softech  I think what some here are forgetting is even when you first join PM on a 30 day cycle you pay the full plan price , before you start to earn rewards  ,, so the same holds true for  the 90 day plans . For the final 60 days of first time services .. the reward come at the end of that 90 day cycle 

Veni

So the question is why pay for 3 months ahead why not month to month????

Bs bs bs . 

@Klept

are your on the old legacy rewards system? Yes you can say the billing system is prepaid but rewards are postpaid.   Rewards is earned at the completion of the plan cycle.  I thinks it is fair, if not, people could be changing plan couple times a month and earning rewards like friend rewferal discount multiple times

As said above, coming from a 30 days plan to 90 days, you effectively only completed a 30 days plan and earn 1x rewards in the plan change payment. (You didn't really loss 2 months rewards because only a 30 days cycle was completed ) 

For subsequent renewals, you have completed a 90 days cycle and hence you earned the rewards for that 90 days, thos is the 3x rewards you are getting 

Add: From what we see, the $5 discount/month for 90 days plan are given at the beginning, just Rewards are earned after completion of a full plan cycle 

@Klept  I don t think so no , because you  get the $5 credit up front  for paying 90 day $39 instead of $44.. I actually Payless then the $117 . In my case $98 + tax based on current rewards … so then as I accumulate 3x the rewards over 90 days for the following renewal .. it will pay $60 + tax for the next 90 days . then if I ever switch back to a 30 day cycle I’ll have the $57 credit just waiting to be used 

Handy1_0-1686489357809.png

Klept

Thank you for the example. So it is a pre-paid billing system that is using a post-paid reward system. My main issue is this information is not listed upfront and is misleading on the rewards page which indicates if you are on a 90 plan, you get 3x the reward. It seems to go against their “no surprised” mentality and reality is if you jump on a 3 month plan, you are missing 2 months of rewards which is in some cases, equivalent to the whole bill. I would have second thoughts about switching if I don’t actually use that much data as you will never get that back even though you already paid for 90 days upfront. I saw someone else’s comment that if you’re moving from a 3 month to 1 month plan then you should get 3x the rewards. I have to wonder if that is being implemented based on this system.

@Klept @Johnovich 

Public Points  could be different as they are earned by 5% points back.  But for the legacy rewards system, this is what we believe:

For PM, rewards are earned at the end of a plan cycle.  PM will be credited to your accoun on the last day of the end of the cycle

Assuming  there is a $10 rwards discount monthly , a $44-30Gb plan but $5 off/month for 90 days plan :

1. When you schedule a 90 days plan change, since your current plan has a 30 days cycle, your rewards credit for next renewal (for the new  90 days plan), will be a one month rewards ($10 in your case). Therefore your payment will be $117-$10 (one month rewards) + tax
    (and a reminder, you will get the full 90 GB of data on day 1 for used on the next 90 day)
  2. On you subsequent renewals, at the end of a 90 days cle, a 3 months worth of rewards ($30) will be added to your account on the last day of the 90 days cycle.  So, you will be paying $117 - $30 + tax when you renew

Hope this helps

Veni

That's all wrong. You won't get them all .

You get one month only for your first 90 days subscription. 

Confirmed by CS Agent. 

Veni

Kelpt understood. So try to subscribe then sign out. Sign back in. Go to payments and you'll see it clear. 

$117 - one month auto pay even though they will charge you for 3 months right away. Then the equivalent of how many years you've been with PM let say 5 years they will deduct $5 instead of $15 even though you are paying for 90 days. 

People are confusing between earning new rewards and rewards that are already earned over the years. 

There is no use to talk with a deaf.

Even CS agent told me that I'm right I should be getting them right away but they have problems with the new system.

You know it's a bs 😒. But anyway I'm tired of it. 

Good luck. 

Need Help? Let's chat.