cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7B1 Phone Not Activated on Network

HughBillingsley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was driving to the store and my phone switched to 3g randomly. When I got to the store, I couldn't make calls or use data. I've been trying for you very an hour to get it working again. I've followed the apn settings instructions, and I've sat through multiple conversations with that insufferable chat bot. I was ubering, so this has cost me $36 dollars. When I try to calls, it tells me to contact customer service.

Help me @CS_Agent

7 REPLIES 7

HughBillingsley

My phone was working perfectly for years and then for no reason whatsoever, it lost connection to the network. To ensure my phone wasn't broken, I put another Sim in it and it worked immediately. I have tried every apn setting known to man. Your troubleshooting tips are good for users who just signed up with public, but they're not good for users who have been using their phones for years and haven't changed settings.

The support process is broken, which has cost me over $300 in lost wages. Their form shouldn't be broken. Their alternative link leads to the community forums, but it really should be linked to the private message page, that would have saved me from losing an entire day of work.  Public employees need to implement a better support process, the one they have currently has cost me so much that I have no choice but to leave public forever. It's not worth the $5 I save every month for being a loyal customer. 

The idea here though is to try to find the actual problem. Then, if ideas suggested don't fix the problem then you'd be able to relay that clearly to support.
What about real sms texting in and out? Inbound calls? Is the account active? Did you have a credit card problem recently? Do you have hide your number set on?

Yes, that "ticket" form has been broken for a while now. So use the link provided. You'll need to answer some verification questions.

@HughBillingsley 

did you try to make calls with or without the 1 in front of the 10 digits to see if it makes a difference?

If not,  you can engage support by messaging them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

HughBillingsley

This is not relevant to my situation.

I need customer service. @CS_Agent

HughBillingsley

In my post I wrote that I was ubering when the data and calls stopped working, I thought that would make it clear enough that it was working, but clearly not. 

I my situation, I've been a public mobile customer for years, and I haven't changed my phone in over a year, and no settings have been changed ever. 

Something happened to my account, the error message 7B1 plays when I try to make a call.

I know y'all get points for contributing, but you have to read the post, your answer contributed nothing. 

I need customer support to help me. I tried creating a ticket after sitting though that stupid chat bot twice, but all I got was a 404 error.

Public mobile employees: 1. Help me, I'm a paying customers for years whose done nothing and for no reason my cell network connection stopped working.

2. Fix your support form, this is the slowest support experience of my freaking life, each time I have to access support, I curse myself for choosing public mobile, please make this work. 

@HughBillingsley and for data, what phone do you have? brand and model? I wonder if it is a compatibility issue

But you can start by clicking Reset All Networks and see if it helps

If not, and if you are using Android, then you will need to check APN settings, compare yours with this one

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@HughBillingsley PM still relying heavily on 3G to make calls. Some people with newer phones couple use VoLTE, but most still using 3G

For calls, try to make the call by putting a 1 in front of the 10 digits.  On the other hand , if you are doing this already, try to drop the 1 and just use the 10 digits

Need Help? Let's chat.