cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOS on Phone

Alisa0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I recently switched from another service provider to Public Mobile and got an esim. However, my phone now has SOS on it, indicating that it doesn’t have service. I tried to reset network settings, restart my phone and go on airplane mode - did not work. As well, I transferred my number onto Public Mobile, but in the settings it displays the number underneath the sim from my previous provider (physical sim). Is this something that should not be happening? I am a bit confused too as I was selecting the default lines on my phone and whether that led to the SOS display. 

10 REPLIES 10

Alisa0

Hey everyone,

I contacted CS and they advised me to buy a physical sim card. I transferred my number to that sim and everything seems to be working fine now! I’ve also received reimbursement for the SIM card. Thanks everyone again for those who have helped and good luck to those who have been facing the same issue I was in! Hopefully you will resolve your issues! 

Alisa0

Thanks everyone for their help - I’ve contacted their customer service agents and hopefully will receive a solution soon. 

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kayla1712 wrote:

I messaged them to see if they can help. I can’t access my account to do it myself as it asks for a security code sent to my phone number which is not working as my phone is currently in SOS mode. I’m glad so many people are loving this company and trying to be helpful but this is really a bust for me. And unfortunately leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. 

You're doing your best! Don't worry, once customer support gets involved, they will resolve your issue. It is likely something on their end that is out of your control. Once it gets resolved, your service will move forward without any further hiccups. Keep an eye on your community inbox for customer support's responses 🙂

Kayla1712

I messaged them to see if they can help. I can’t access my account to do it myself as it asks for a security code sent to my phone number which is not working as my phone is currently in SOS mode. I’m glad so many people are loving this company and trying to be helpful but this is really a bust for me. And unfortunately leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. 

@Kayla1712 

after you got the physical sim, did you ask PM to help to update the sim card number? that is an important step

message them back, and you can certainly ask for compensation like refund for the time you have no service

Kayla1712

Currently having this same issue for almost 24 hours. Can’t access my account on the app as I don’t have a cell phone to receive the security code to get access. Emailed support and was told to go by a physical SIM card. Have done so and still not working. I’m at the point where I’m sure my phone number is lost and I’m not stuck pre authorized paying for a phone subscription I can’t access. Very much tempted to contact the better business bureau. 

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

it is shows SOS, then the sim or account setup has problem.  You need PM to help.  But you won't be able to open proper Chatbot ticket, so message them with this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Andy85

Have you checked your SIM manager or the screen of your device to if there was a Public Mobile esim?

• If there was, you need to enable it and check if it is connection to the Public Mobile network. 
  • If it doesn't want to connect and you still have other active sims in your phone, you'll need to any SIMs that are not associated with Public Mobile using the SIM manager (Or remove the physical SIM from your phone)

To make sure the esim associated with Public mobile is enabled along with your phone number.

If you are using an iphone:

1. go to settings and choose Cellular
  2. set PM eSIM as primary on Cellular Plan Label
  3. Turn on the option - Turn on This Line

Once you are done, click on "Reset all Networks". This will erase your wifi network but you can easily add it after. 

If you have tried all this and it is still unsuccessful, please submit a ticket with our customer support team. You can do so by using the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in your community inbox so check it from time to time. (Little envelope icon on the top-right of this page).

Alisa0

I received a text message and did respond with a yes and received confirmation through email that my number’s service was cancelled on my previous service provider’s account.

Andy85

Hi @Alisa0,

Did you get a text message on your previous cellphone provider asking if you wanting to port out your number to a new carrier? Did you respond Yes?

Need Help? Let's chat.