cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6CU2 error - number is unavailable when trying to make outbound calls

aproyalwriting
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I don't know why but I can't seem to make certain outbound calls (usually 1-800 numbers). I've recently changed cell phones and brought in the public mobile sim.  I just receive an automated recording with "6CU2 - the number you have dialed is unavailble". When I call from a friends phone, the number works and is in service.

Any idea how to fix this issue? 

Thanks so much! 

9 REPLIES 9

@aproyalwriting wrote:

Hi @esjliv thanks for this. My friend is with Bell. I actually havent been able to call any toll free numbers on this phone for the past two weeks since ive switched the phone. An example is 1-800-654-4173. This is confirmed works with my friend who has Bell and it works in my old Iphone  with my same public mobile sim.  

@aproyalwriting - I can connect with my Public mobile cell, as well as another provider's cell. 

Maybe try a reset of the network settings on your device and see if that helps.

If not, submit a ticket with CSA and ask them why this would be; 2 weeks is a while now. Hopefully it is just a reset of the account or something.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

hi @aproyalwriting another customer talked about the 1800 number problem on the weekend.   I can call those myself.   Maybe a ticket to support is needed if you have  it done so

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

aproyalwriting

Hi @esjliv thanks for this. My friend is with Bell. I actually havent been able to call any toll free numbers on this phone for the past two weeks since ive switched the phone. An example is 1-800-654-4173. This is confirmed works with my friend who has Bell and it works in my old Iphone  with my same public mobile sim.  

@aproyalwriting wrote:

Thanks guys - I wasn't aware of this... So is there any work around? This seems like it will be a real inconvenience....

@aproyalwriting - do you know someone else with public mobile that can test if they can call this number? Or, share it here and i could test it with both public and another provider. EDIT, what provider is your friends?

If it is only you, perhaps this is just temporary, either connected to just being a new customer or the tower near you.

You could try your SIM into another phone, see if it works. then move it back to your phone...sometimes just doing this can help with finicky account issues.

aproyalwriting

Hi there, I do not have it hidden. 

aproyalwriting

Thanks guys - I wasn't aware of this... So is there any work around? This seems like it will be a real inconvenience....

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you have hidden caller id set on the phone?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you try any other 1-8xx (toll free) number?
Not all toll free number are available through PM.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@aproyalwriting  Not all 1-800 numbers work with PM 

Need Help? Let's chat.