cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GB for $25 Promotion

Meepomaster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is this promotion an add on? Currently I have the $15 plan (250mb, unlimited text, 100 min calling) 
Will this promotion replace my current plan?  I was hoping to have unlimited text, 100min and 5gb of data a month 

16 REPLIES 16

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm paying $25 (okay $16) for 1GB, so I'm not thrilled either. I would probably (certainly) go up to $29 for 6GB but I'm on the wrong side of the river (it's a QC-only plan for those not spending excessive time here 🙂 ).

EdBurns1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

...Yep, feeling a little "miffed" right now.....😖 

Kristowhy

@EdBurns1 wrote:

... when I received that text, it said nothing about "unlimited calls inbound and outbond". Sure wish they had; I might be interested if that is, indeed, the case ..... How did you get that info ...?

I agree that the text offer was missing a few bits as you mentioned but there are many threads here of people asking clarifications before the offer expired on Nov 20th.

For those who accepted, check your online accounts and it should now be visible.  This is what happened for me and I suspect PM does a one time batch add post deal expiry

25_5GB_plan.jpg

EdBurns1

... when I received that text, it said nothing about "unlimited calls inbound and outbond". Sure wish they had; I might be interested if that is, indeed, the case ..... How did you get that info ...?

ottawa

@GKPublic wrote:

Oh my goodness, I'm going to have to try to get this.  My wife is on the $15 plan and we just upgraded to the $25 for 1GB on the next payment.  Hmmm... wonder if she'll get texted

I feel like if you've got a change booked to $25/1GB, you might be less likely to get the $25/5GB offer. Depending how well PM's "offer" system is integrated with its "billing" system. 🙂

ottawa

@Gwanzi wrote:

i remember this plan is 3G service. If your care the quality of internet experience, you have to re-consider.

If you're coming off the $15 plan, no need to reconsider.

GKPublic

@GKPublic wrote:

Oh my goodness, I'm going to have to try to get this.  My wife is on the $15 plan and we just upgraded to the $25 for 1GB on the next payment.  Hmmm... wonder if she'll get texted

Turns out my wife did get the text, so I signed her up.  I guess she didn't notice it, or didn't realize it was important (to me, anyway. Ha!)  Unfortunately, my teen daughter didn't get the same targeted offer.  Maybe because she doesn't bump up against her 250MB limit very often

HI @EdBurns1 you are almost there  🙂

unlimited call and text.. YES

4G.. you can in fact use 4G network, and even 5G if you have a 5G phone, just the speed is capped at 3Mpbs.  And honest, with 1GB of data (or 5GB on the promo plan) , you don't want data to download too fast, you will use slightly more data on a higher speed network

EdBurns1

Yep, if they'd offered an upgrade to 4G and unlimited calls and texts, I'd have grabbed it ...

@Gwanzi wrote:

i remember this plan is 3G service. If your care the quality of internet experience, you have to re-consider.

HI @Gwanzi the 3G plan is not bad as to service

The plan is 3G plan but it is a 3G speed plan only.  Even on this plan , or other 3G plans, you can still use the LTE network or even 5G, just that the speed will be capped at 3Mbps.  So, the speed  is not as good, but serive is the same as other 4G or 5G plan

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

HI @GKPublic  it is by invite only, so check the phone and hope for the best.  If not, hope you will make it on the invite list on the next round

GKPublic

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Meepomaster 

This texted targeted promotion is not an add on. It's the $25 plan but instead of 1GB you get 5GB.

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/mb/activation/plans/1GB-3Gspeed

If you say yes, your plan will change to the offer for the next renewal date. If you're hoping for only 100 minutes and 5GB of data, got bad news for you. You will now have unlimited talking and texting. Don't worry, we won't tell your mother in law this. 😋

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Meepomaster , if you are referring to the deal offered via text, it is a complete plan that includes 5G data, unlimited Canada wide calling and international text.  It is a great offer.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Meepomaster 

not an addon but a different plan.  Basically like the current $25 plan but you can 5GB instead of just 1GB.  You get other features like unlimited calls inbound and outbond as well.  It is a great deal, $25 a month only

Need Help? Let's chat.