cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G not showing up

Smalley98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched my plan from a 3G to a 5G one week ago, but I’m still only getting 3G/LTE. Why hasn’t it switched to 5G?

4 REPLIES 4

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You don't need a 5G plan to access the 5G network; you can use it even with a 3G plan. The 5G plan you bought just means that your max speeds are higher (250Mbps), but you may be able to achieve that even on the 4G network.

What phone do you have? Older phones aren't 5G capable. You can go into the network settings on your phone and change your preferred option to 5G if it's there, but if the phone doesn't support it you won't have that option.

But like I and others have said, you don't need the 5G network to get the higher speeds. Run a speed test on the LTE network and see what you get. 

SlickToxic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Different 3G or LTE selections?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Smalley98 

what phone do you have? is it a 5G phone?

and check with a Speed test first, you will a close to 5G speed even you are connected to 4G networks.  Those on 4G plan get a top speed of 100Mbps, but you will get higher than that even you are just connected to 4G

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Smalley98  Do you have 5G capable device ? Are you in a 5G coverage area ? And have e you selected 5G for your preferred network?  Also note even in 4G/LTE you will get faster 5G speeds even thou you phone does not display 5G as 4G is still capable of faster speeds then 100mb 

Need Help? Let's chat.