cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 minutes long distance

gavinhee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My account says I have 500 minutes of long distance as a bonus. Where can I see which countries I can use these minutes for? 

17 REPLIES 17

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chainsawcowboy @CountyDownIeUk 

No you can only tag in announcements now. We could still do it in the old boards by the oracles got rid of that option when I would post a new thread that I wanted to tag and then they would have to move my thread into get support. One bad apple spoils it for the rest of the bunch.

Tagging....like key words to search for? Perhaps the OP can. I will try to repost. 

I tried. I cannot find. 

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CountyDownIeUk 

That's a handy reference to have. Thank you. No tagging option anymore?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

Nice work! Despite what countries are listed for each international long distance add on you can call all listed countries except the Philippines and probably a few more that we haven't discovered yet.

@darlicious 

@dust2dust 

@ every one else

Ok I fixed my errors. 

It looks like the More the Merrier we have is on the old LD Add On series. 

I listed in pic with the exact name that shows on MY ACCOUNT

All names of LD package do not have the "same" wording. 

And thanks to @dust2dust  I was able to include what countries

I also included what the new International Add On includes, country wise.....less countries. 

I do not have a concern for the freebie Data is Data but the LD's can be different content country wise. 

Here is the PIC of it. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 12.01.31 PM.png

Here is the text of it, if any one wants to copy it. 

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US) <= As Titled in "MY ACCOUNT" SUMMARYDecember 1, 2019

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, 
 India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom,  
and Venezuela 
                                                                          ^FREEBIE ^ 

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US <= As Titled in "MY ACCOUNT" SUMMARYDecember 1, 2020

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, 
India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom,  
and Venezuela 
                                                                          ^FREEBIE ^ 

500 one-time Int'l LD bonus <= As Titled in "MY ACCOUNT" SUMMARYDecember 8, 2021

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, 
and Venezuela 
                                                                          ^FREEBIE ^ 

Free 1000 CAN LD mins <= As Titled in "MY ACCOUNT" SUMMARYSeptember 2, 2020
1000 LD Minutes is actually Canada Wide Minutes  

^FREEBIE ^ 

300 International Long Distance Minutes <= As Titled in "PLANS => ADD ONSCurrent as of June 2022
Countries included in international long distance include: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil,  
Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, 
Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland,  
Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela 
                                                                          ^CURRENT ADD ON $15 ^ 

Shoot. I need to double check tomorrow and confirm if correct or if I erred. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

You bought the other one.

Edit:

I also have another 5gb bonus data add on from my activation on my other account as well.08/20 promos were offered to most but not all BC and Alberta customers recieved this offer and a few eastern Canada customers recieved it randomly.I also have another 5gb bonus data add on from my activation on my other account as well.08/20 promos were offered to most but not all BC and Alberta customers recieved this offer and a few eastern Canada customers recieved it randomly.

@darlicious 

I don’t think there was 2 for 2019?

A1891834-5D57-4171-BF43-C894B242F640.jpeg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

The 400 min is the same as all of the "more is merrier" gifts. I believe it went live on the 4th of December 2019. I would have to confirm.

Edit:

Oops the 3rd but the site crashed or something or other on the 3rd......I suffered a renewal failure and had no service for a day and a half and lots of customers had their data disappear in an hour despite being on wifi......pre-pandemic memories.....thise were the days!!

@esjliv 

@dust2dust 

@ EVERYONE ELSE!!

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 12.01.31 PM.png

@CountyDownIeUk I'd be sooo nice if what we had listed in our self serve accounts had an extended version of the details! For sure.

I know this has been discussed before. 

The freebies aren't even dated. 

Sure, I'm normally a screenshot saver, and I can search old announcements,  but these details should be in our self serve, IMO. Just an enhancement in the 'nice to have' column in my books. 🙂

2019 More Is Merrier 

2020 More Is Merrier 

2021 More is Merrier 

The Plans page  - scroll down to add-ons and click the arrow to open out the list of add-ons and their details.

Adding - the old 400 minute LD and the free 400 minute and the two free 500 minutes were all the same.

@darlicious @esjliv 

I have been here for almost 3 years and have received numerous freebies...thanks PM!!!

But I have no idea what some the of the LD packages are for. Would be nice if there was a list of freebies, pre change, and post change of LD add ons. Or better yet if @J_PM could have it done and posted. 

Edit... And I must say...what a great group of people to be associated with. 😁

jivetalker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey thanks! I didn't know we could call all of those extra countries.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gavinhee 

Just search "more is merrier" if you ever need the list from the holiday gift promotion as below:

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

You can also call the countries listed under the $15/300 min international long distance add on :

Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. 

As well as the other international long distance destinations listed with the exception of the Philippines. (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macao, India and Pakistan, the UK and the US.)

There are a few small island nations or island authorities that have also been discovered that can be called that do not appear on any list. Bored one night try calling a museum, mcd's or a bar in countries not listed and see if it connects....if it does it costs you a minute worth up to $0.05 If not it costs you nothing but your curiosity......YMMV!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gavinhee wrote:

Hello,

My account says I have 500 minutes of long distance as a bonus. Where can I see which countries I can use these minutes for? 

@gavinhee  - unfortunately, it is not listed in your account anywhere (would be nice though wouldn't it).

The countries are listed in the announcement that the promo was advertised in. So if you didn't screenshot it or have links to posts that would detail the countries, then it is not obvious. Other then thinking it may be the same as the International Long Distance addon available for purchase in your self serve account...but they can be different.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Was that from Christmas bonus 2021?

The bonus International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries:

Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

**but possible you might also able to call these countries

Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Macau, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan Peru, Romania, Sweden, Taiwan, Venezuela,

Need Help? Let's chat.