cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G speed very slow

nnima1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, changed my plan from 3G to 4G, 15GB, $40.  Apparently have to wait 48-72 hours. But the status bar of my phone already shows it is connected to 4G. Why then the data speed is bwn 0 - 3mbps? 

My son got the same plan over a week ago but his data speed is still less than 3.

Thank you for any help and advice.  

5 REPLIES 5

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Here’s what mine looks like…

6486927D-56E5-4668-99DC-C3A9254168BE.png

@nnima1 so, you have 4G speed plan since 2 months ago?? did you ever  see 4G speed ? did you try speed test in different area?? 

if you never see a 4G speed over 3Mbps, open ticket with PM support 

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It might show 4G but speed will eventually catch up. Just because it shows 4G it does not mean PM can provide full speed immediately after switching. Just give it a few days.

nnima1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you Dunman, 

For my speed issue I can wait. But my son changed his $25 plan to 4G 20GB about 2 months ago and then he changed it to 4G 15GB $40 over a week ago. By now the speed show be at 4G which is not. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nnima1 

Even on the 3G plans, you often will be connected to LTE, but capped at 3G speeds.  It will take up to 48 hours to change your data speeds. 

As for your son, it should have changed by now.  Maybe check the self service account to make sure that the plan was successfully changed.  Did he respond yes to the promo plan text?  Some customers who responded yes did not have their plans successfully changed. 

Need Help? Let's chat.