cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch

patersonjm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched last weekend and ported my number from Rogers but I’m not receiving calls. I’ve tried removing the sim and putting it back in. 

9 REPLIES 9

Slammer111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hTideGnow Didn't know that. I always assumed the Telus hotline doesn't accept calls for PM customers. Thanks for the info.

@Slammer111 thr PM porting team is the same porting team used by TELUS..that's why we just said Telus porting team.  🙂

@nmasown sent..check your Community Inbox 

Slammer111

Send a DM to @CS_Agent and they'll sort things out. That is the way to reach PM technical support.

Telus is parent company but they don't handle PM customers.

nmasown

I am in the same boat, not able to receive calls. Can you pm me the phone number for telus?

Hi @readysetflowkel it is not glitch but usually it is just a porting authentication text was not received or replied promptly 

@patersonjm did you call Porting department  (the number @dabr sent you)?   Call them and that usually resolved quickly 

readysetflowkel

We had this issue and ended up switching to Bell and then back to Telus.  There must be some sort of glitch on the back end that is preventing the calls from going through, I would definitely try to get through to some support.  We unfortunately found out the hard long way and they finally resolved it.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@patersonjm   You transferred the number last weekend and are still not receiving calls/texts?  Then the transfer didn't complete.  Did you respond to the text Rogers sent to authorize your number transfer to PM with a yes? 

If not you can call the Telus porting dept. # that I'll private message you (check message box top right) and they will ask Rogers to resubmit the port transfer text, so keep old SIM in phone to be able to respond with a YES to that text.  Your Rogers account needs to be active for this to work.

If the Rogers account has been closed, you can call Rogers and ask them to temporarily allow you to receive the transfer text.  There was another customer who did that recently with suggestions as to how the process worked, you can read his post on how to go about getting the number transferred from a deactivated account here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Issues-with-cellular/m-p/904808#M618760

Slammer111

Did you reboot your phone?

Also sometimes it takes more than a few minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.