cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40 for 15gb promo

Chynes827
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wondering. The $40, 15gb, 4g data promo. Is it only for 12 months then changes to a reduced data plan? Or is it ongoing at 15gb per month?

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kateyyj 

The price per GB will decrease so that the big three can counter critics of our high mobile plan rates. But evidenced by the 30% rate hike to our low use/emergency plans pm/telus and other provider's have no intention to offer a variety of plan pricing that suits the needs of all consumers in particular members of society whose circumstance and/or limited income level prevents them from paying for high priced feature rich plans.

To implement a 30% rate hike on customers who can least afford it and neither need or want more features rather need the cheapest plan available that allows them to stay connected and able to access the basic necessities like the medical system, social assistance and government agencies in unconscionable and is founded out of pure greed to line the pockets of themselves and their shareholders on the backs of the economically challenged.

But you are correct.....cheaper phone plans will only be maintained if the CRTC ignores its reliance on forbearance to police the telecommunications marketplace. It has been proven over 2 decades now that forbearance allows the big three to exploit consumers wallets rather than decrease prices and promote competitiveness.

@kateyyj wrote:

i have a feeling phone plan will decrease in general due to the CRTC new rules.

Tell that to the old $10 plan holders.

@kateyyj yup, those plan $40 and above will get more data, maybe $35 as well.  Bit I doubt they will do much with $15 and $25 plans

kateyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i have a feeling phone plan will decrease in general due to the CRTC new rules.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kateyyj 

Yes it should be "forever" but as mentioned pm can raise rates with 30 days notice. However this is unlikely since the success so far of this promotion to migrate customers to a higher priced plan and customers off the Fall 2016 promo is increasing their profit margin and ARPU which is why they have pushed out text notifications to customers with an easy YES reply to automatically schedule a change plan on next renewal and extended the "spooktacular" original expiry date(?)

@dust2dust 

Lol....makes me more determined to stick with my unlucky $13 plan even more out of spite! 😡😁

kateyyj

as long as it is same as other plan, not limited time offer i am ok with it, thanks

There is no guarantee of permanence here. But no it's not stated to be time limited. But the company can do whatever they want whenever they want.

kateyyj

also is this 40 for 15g permanent , right?we dont want a year something

kateyyj

she is using $15 now, actually free because all the rewards, so i would think $40 plan is great because we only need to pay 40-15=25

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kateyyj

Is your daughter's account suspended?

@Giggs 

Check your payment history. What are the lines for payment say? How much were you charged? Does it have two lines....30 DAY PLAN.....$10 and 15GB AT 4G SPEED.....$30?

kateyyj

my daughters is not selectable, how she can change to this new promo? thanks

Giggs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Would be great, if it wouldnt have STOLEN it from me!  It was supposed to change to that new promo plan today upon renewal but didnt and now it's just gone...nowhere to be found again.. 

du322

The data on this plan is subject to footnotes 4 and 7 in the "fine print" but there is no footnote 7! It ends at 6. Public Mobile can certainly make plans subject to terms and conditions but they have to actually list those terms and conditions!

@trappenberg   could be just a cache issue.  This new My Account has serious issue if you just login with regular browser mode

Please login again using Incognito mode, or a different browser or on a different computer.  You should see the new plan details then.  Also, check Payment history to cofirm the amount PM took, new plan amount or old

trappenberg

I ordered it on renewal day, but it only renewed in old plan. Now I don't even know how I can speak to someone about this

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Chynes827 

The limited time $40/15gb plan is not advertised on the plans page but it is selectable during activation and in our self serve accounts. You could take a chance and activate on the $40/5gb plan+12GB for 12 months promotion and after activation schedule a plan change on next renewal to the $40/15gb plan and enjoy the extra 2gb of data for your first 30 days.

Here is the how the $40/15gb plan,an appears in the activation portal....

Screenshot_20221102_044745_Photos~2.jpg

And the $40/15gb plan in the self serve accounts.....

Screenshot_20221102_044845_Photos~2.jpg

@Chynes827   as stated by @cellphoneuser1   this is a different promo.  And this promo is for new activation only as well.

for the $40 for 15 GB, it is a plan offering now for everyone, new and existing customers

@Chynes827 wrote:

Reason I ask is because it states for 12 months. Thought after 12mths it goes back to 5gb per month for $40.

Screenshot_20221102-030456_Chrome.jpg

That's a different promo.  The 15GB isn't bonus. 15GB is included in the plan. $40 for 5GB is a different plan.

Chynes827
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Reason I ask is because it states for 12 months. Thought after 12mths it goes back to 5gb per month for $40.

Screenshot_20221102-030456_Chrome.jpg

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Chynes827 

The plan is ongoing until you change to another plan. This is a great deal!

Need Help? Let's chat.