cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40 - 5GB data at 4G vs $40 - 15GB at 4G

taytan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking at upgrading my $25 - 3G plan and I have two options. $40 - 5GB data at 4G and $40 - 15GB at 4G. Is there something I am missing here. Why wouldn't I select the plan with 15GB?

8 REPLIES 8

It wasn't the terms that changed, they stayed the same. It was the marketing of the promo. They said something about being able to keep the rate forever. Then they raised the rate 25%. There was an uproar. They blinked. The rate change didn't happen. And those plan holders have steadfastly held on to that plan all this time. Until recently where new 4G plans came on and the cost comparison for features was better than the old plan.

This past Spring the company raised the rate of a different plan 30% and some uproar happened but this time the company stuck to it.

taytan

Do you have an example of something in the old terms vs the new terms?

You can't actually use the 12gb promo code on an existing account.

Yes, that's it, an extra 10gb of data. Seems to be being pretty popular. It's drawing out old grandfathered plan holders. Especially the old 2016 promo holders. They can kiss goodbye their old terms and the uproar that happened then of being able to keep it forever. Now they'll be beholden to new terms where the company can do whatever they want whenever they want. Technically they could have then but they blinked.

taytan

Okay ...I see. If you don't mind me asking ...what plan did you select?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

There is no catch. 15GB is limited time promo ending Nov 27. So if you have access to this plan, get it asap.

taytan

Is there something I am missing. Is the extra 10GB of Data the only difference?

Melissa204

The $40 for 15gb is a promo llan that will go away shortly. If you select the $40 for 5gb you can use a promo for 12gb extra for a year (to bring your total to 17gb/month but only for a year though). I recently switched so I went through my options. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Why indeed? Have at it...if you don't mind spending another $15.

Need Help? Let's chat.