cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB plan- I can take over plan if you do not want to keep it for any reason

Ash1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

$40/4gb Plans:

I can takeover your plan if anyone is unhappy or have second thoughts or do not want to continue with their plan for any reason.  Please send me private message.

28 REPLIES 28

sosamosa

Someone lock this thread please.

Mulder7983

I WILL TAKE IT FOR NOTHIONG

zoomzoom87
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Pinkox will not transfer numbers between accounts  I've asked the mods and it's a no go 

@Mulder798wrote:

I will take it over I hav a new SIM card not active yet 

@Mulder798

This topic is more than a year old....

And you might want to give this a read: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-Takeover-my-12-gb-3-month-120-3mth-p...

While it *might* be possible to take the actual account over if you don't have one yet, I'd be very careful and selective when it comes to the person selling you that account.

Mulder798
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will take it over I hav a new SIM card not active yet 

Ashley

I am still looking for one.  Anyone please?

brill22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I would like to switch to Public Mobile and would be interested in taking over somebody's $40/4GB plan., Please PM me if you can help! Happy Holidays all!

Ashley

Hi,

i havent found anyone giving away their plan. 

If if anyone still looking for someone to take over their plan, please be generous this season and please contact me or send me a message. 

Thank you. 

srslymico
@sosamosa and @eazybelle,

I'm also interested in getting this plan. But ofc @Ashley has first dibs so I'll go with whichever is still available.

Thanks!

Ashley

@macky28please check your message.

macky28
Can a moderator clarify what @smp99 posted would be possible?

Ash1

@sosamosa and @eazybelle

I am not looking for the plan now. I got one.

You can contact @Ashley directly .  She is looking for one.

Thanks and appreciate your offer.

Ashley

@sosamosa  Please check your message when you get a chance. 

Thank you. 

Ashley
@sosamosa do you still have this plan?
Please message me. Thanks

sosamosa

I will transfer my $40/4GB plan over to you if you want @Ash1. I am quite unhappy with PMs serivce and Rogers offered me a nice retention plan for my original line. The number I am using for the PM line is not even being used by me. Send me a PM if your interested.

eazybelle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just thought I'd post here and hope I'm not breaking any rules. I have an extra SIM that I won't be using that was bought during the promo period. I am not sure if PM is still honouring the promo if the SIM was purchased before Nov. 20th. 

I will be selling it at cost $5 + tax. Message me for details.

Thanks and happy holidays!

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The only way I can see this working - without anybody losing their number

- new client sign up for cheap 10 day plan with temp number

- get a MOD involved to somehow switch plan codes of the 2 PM accounts. The plan acct#/phone number do not change. 

- so now new client has 12gb promo plan with temp number, and orig customer has cheap plan.

- new client can now port in their orig number they want to keep

- old client can open a new plan somewhere else and port in their PM number. 

I cannot see a solution unless a MOD gts involved

Subbanator96
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ash1

The above post has a point.

If people can transfer the contracts or plans for other carriers, then why not for public mobile.

The main issue of this though will be the customer who would be giving up the plan if they ported in their number will lose it.  The more I read here I see people are really tied to these numbers and don't want to lose them.  I do see ads all the time asking if people will take over contracts of other providers that I don't have any problem with it is usually with the Big 3 and the person is tied to it beause of the phone they got.   The goal for any Phone company is to grow it's user base and if it can't do that they definately want to keep the same size of user base so this would help them do that.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Ash1

I strongly believe that taking over someone's plan if they don't intend to keep it, is a win-win situation.

First from customer prespective:

There are many people complaining about pm service and have numerous problems.  As a way out for them is to give this plan to someone else instead of being unhappy and feeling that they lost money by signing up with pm.  This will create my bad reputation if PM is not giving a way out to people.  Sure these unhappy customers can always leave and sign up with other carriers but the promo plan is of 120 days.  In others words they are locked-in for 3 months.  If they leave before 3 months, they lose money. They will be more happy to recover some money back if they give it to someone else.

From PM prespective:

Let's assume that 1000 people has signed up for the promo and 100 people are unhappy and would rather leave.  PM will lose revenue and gain bad reputation.  PM gaining customers based on word of mouth, friends, family not by advertising in newpaper or other media.  By having someone eager to pickup the plan from unhappy customer, their revenue won't be affected. They will get revenue consistently from 1000 accounts. Also PM will gain (loyal) customers who despite knowing some problems with other customers, are ready to signup.

Think about a customer who is in line to return at bestbuy.  This person  is complaining about the product and wants to return and have his money back.  Bestbuy is taking a long time to address his concerns and cannot return his money back.  Another customer is standing on the side and listening to all this and ready to buy the product directly from the unhappy customer.  I think the customer who is buying the product, knowing its faults, will be more loyal to the brand.

This is a win-win situation.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

there was a similar discussion on this thread regarding extra sims and order numbers.  

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Extra-Simcard-purchased-during-Promo/m...

Just thought I would ask the question to hear people thoughts 🙂 

I think there should be some time line on the old promo now.  I don't think PM intended for people the buy the SIM and to activate it a month or 2 later.  So if people bought them then and are thinking they could sell them and have people get that promo might not be able to.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I'm not sure if PM would sanction this, perhaps PM should define rules in regards to this, so that anyone wishing to discuss this might avoid any penalizing scenarios

Ashley

Hello,

I have the same request. 

If someone is not happy with PM or want to give up their fall promo plan for any reason, I will be glad to pick it up. 

If if someone has a sim and order number from the promo period, I will gladly take that too. 

Please send end me a message. 

Please help out a girl in need. 

Thank you. 

Ash1

If someone decides not to keep this plan then I will pickup there number as well. 

They cannot keep their number as plans are attached to the number.  When number are ported out then it deactivates the plan. Plus the person will lose money on unused days.  As it's a prepaid service.

But if someone who does not want to continue with PM and let me pickup their plan, then I will fully reimburse them for the plan cost.  I think it's a win-win situation for everyone. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

So here is a question, if i have a sim card and also have an order number from promo times.  Can i give it to someone like the above poster, so they can get the promo?

I think oficially (letter of the law) yes, but by spirit of the promo, would  be no.  Happy to hear peoples thoughts.... 

Newfeeflip

Not sure how much luck you'll have with this.  From what I know (which is coming from post paid plans) there were a couple of options:

- in order to take over a plan you would have to port your number into someone's plan which means that person would lose their number.  The port would also have to be initiated through that person's account and that account would then be transferred over to you.  

-Or another way which is what I did with Rogers was a TOR (Transfer of Responsibility) where I took over someones account, but they lost their number as the number was associated with their account.  I then ported my number into that plan. 

Basically if you took over someone's account they would lose their number as well. 

Perhaps there's an easier or new way to do this and if so, I'd be curious.   Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.