cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

MrPants
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Koodo also offers prepaid plans. I'm still bitter at being forced away from my awesome plan so am not going to move to Koodo or Telus.

Tammer

I have made many referrals and my plan is down to $27/month.  With this increase, I will loose many of my referrals!  

I'm thinking I don't even want to stay with anything affiliated with public mobile now because of this.

Anyone have other good options to share?

howardpun

Does anyone know if koodos plan is going to be 3G or 4G? 

@sonician BUT you'll be paying $30 more so net loss is just $6/30 days. Tough call. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

v3nice

@ute1978wrote:

@smp99wrote:

For $5 extra per month you could stay with PM and keep 12GB just at 3g speed

Exactly. At the moment you get the same for $135/90. So why take the change to $150/90?

Because to me it feels like after March 20, this $135/90 will not cost the same anymore but $150/90. 

I bet this plan will have a price increase later on too.

rita_fuchs

I juste recieve the same texte message. This is outreageous to see that increase! How can we contest this? Does anyone have a clue? I looked at replies but have seen none of the moderators here... 

So... everybody on the 120$ plan are juste gonna get an increase and we can't do anything about it? Already, phone plans are so high over here... just take a look in Europe to see how cheap it is... 

I've convinces both of my parents to come to PM... I might just tell them to go elswhere... and it's not gonna be Koodo either. 

ryanmobile
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yep what a slick move making everyone spend more money and the people who stay because of referrals move them too.

Absolute BS

zoomzoom87

@MrPantswrote:

This is a huge disappointment. I have referred friends to PM and I bet they're none too pleased with me. I was really impressed with PM for offering things like Loyalty Bonuses but now I'm just really disappointed. Even though I never come close to using my 6GB+6GB of data, I liked having it available. I don't understand why PM would want to boot me off the plan since I am presently paying for way more data than I use. I'm not likely to move to Koodo because I resent being manipulated, so basically, PM/Koodo/Telus are going to lose my account. This is not good business sense.

Because telus is losing money from pm  

jinw88k

Same, they already charged $120 for the 3 months for me as well

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smp99wrote:

For $5 extra per month you could stay with PM and keep 12GB just at 3g speed

Exactly. At the moment you get the same for $135/90. So why take the change to $150/90?

Because to me it feels like after March 20, this $135/90 will not cost the same anymore but $150/90. 

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sorry, Public Mobile (well not really sorry, just angry).

WhenI first joined, Public Mobile was making a big deal about how they are different.

Turns out, they're not.  Funny thing; I used to work for Telus - I always thought they were run by a bunch of bastards.

Acekiller

freak, i just loaded $200 to my account!

peosteve

Yeah, that's a bit of a scumbag move...

smp99

@kevin_camerawrote:

@Luddite

May I ask where you got that information from?  I guess they need to be more clear.  Those who signed up for the recent "Switch from freedom" promo are not "forced" to change?

I meant that she got a text with the price increase. Of course she can decide what to do, but I was on the Fall 2016 promo and she came over from the Freedom promo. Both of us got the text from PM about the price increase

tazz131

So, due to the fact that there are no Public Mobile employees...Who's attention do we bring this to? 

What a joke.

CoreyC

Same here. Thing is, I just paid $120 for three months, but it says I have to switch by March 15 to get the same deal with Koodo. Would I lose out on two months, get a refund, credit with Koodo? 

Sounds fishy, or at least very poorly executed. Please post some information!!

PaladinPhil

Got the same text message, account has always been good. Part that sucks for me is that my next charge is around the end of April and I have till the middle of March to switch if I want to. At least I have a month to figure out if I want to or not.

FF363

I literally reupped 2 days ago on the 13th. So what now? I switch to Koodo as recommended by Public and lose the months of service that is already paid for? 

MrPants

This is a huge disappointment. I have referred friends to PM and I bet they're none too pleased with me. I was really impressed with PM for offering things like Loyalty Bonuses but now I'm just really disappointed. Even though I never come close to using my 6GB+6GB of data, I liked having it available. I don't understand why PM would want to boot me off the plan since I am presently paying for way more data than I use. I'm not likely to move to Koodo because I resent being manipulated, so basically, PM/Koodo/Telus are going to lose my account. This is not good business sense.

Sergey

I really hate Public Mobile

Watoko

They have the power to increase the plan price provided they give at least 30 days of notice, which they have.

Unfortunately, there are no guarantees of a "grandfathered" plan in this world. It can be clawed back or changed at any time.

dipens

@Luddite

Nope I joined during the Freedom Mobile promo and I got the text too.

jeffcotton

Guess they forgot about this?Guess they forgot about this?

remik

after the increase I'll be going from $86/every 90days, to $116/every 90days, that's a redonkulous increase, I'll saving a whopping $4 to stick with Public. If Koodo throws in a free Essential then I'll jump ship. What Public is doing is getting everyone with these plans to koodo so all that is left is people with plans that are comparable to Shat-R and unLucky, I wouldnt be surprised if they switch to 3G speeds for Public as well to be inline with the other 2 thrift brands.

j1

Between autopay, loyalty rewards and friend referals, I'm paying $99 / 90 days . I also have a long distance add-on.

This is a punch in the face.

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If this was part of the signup process... we might have grounds for a complaint.

@aumitchewrote:

I don't know about you, but I would definitely call this a surprise.Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 14.41.30.png

Lukedurward

AGREED. Smiley Mad

Julez

It is very disapointing.  They are often promoting that the rates will not go up.  $10/per 30days is a huge increase.

Toronto416

Let's not move to Koodo and GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT!!
Lets move away from Telus and lets badmouth them everywhere

Ill be disconnecting my TV and internet with Telus as well

kevin_camera

@Luddite

May I ask where you got that information from?  I guess they need to be more clear.  Those who signed up for the recent "Switch from freedom" promo are not "forced" to change?

Need Help? Let's chat.