cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40 15gb vs $39 20GB plan?

Ben_Kayfetz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the $40 15GB plan, with loyalty and referral discounts I pay $34 for it.

Is the current promo $39 plan exactly the same, but 5 GB more per month for $1 less?

If I switch, will I retain my loyalty and referral discounts ?

TIA

Ben

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous001

Thank you VERY much for your quick reply @Handy1 .

I am going to switch now! 🙂

@Anonymous001  The 20GB for $39  won’t expire like your 15GB for 40 it’s easy decision to switch to the 20GB $39 plan I made that switch from the 15GB for $40 myself 

Anonymous001

I have an additional question that is related to the original question posted above by @Ben_Kayfetz 

I noticed the $39 plan says it is a promotion.. does this mean it is for a limited time then once the promotion is finished my bill will go up?

I currently have the $40 plan for 15GB which is NOT a limited-time offer.

It sounds like switching could be a could idea given it is $1 cheaper/month and we get 5GB more.. but I don't want to switch if this is a limited-time offer.

Thanks in advance everyone!

@Handy1 wrote:

@Ben_Kayfetz  I think there is a limit of friend referrals 120 is maximum payout if I remember reading correctly before 

It's 110, but that limit only applies to a 30-day plan.  The lmit is set different for 90-day plans.

@Ben_Kayfetz  I think there is a limit of friend referrals 120 is maximum payout if I remember reading correctly before 

Ben_Kayfetz

LOL... At first glance I thought you had so much loyalty that your bill was only $3.00/m! Still...Looks like half your bill is paid by loyalty. Great job! Is there a limit? Still... To pay you $1/m for PM to gain $40/m is a very small cost per customer acquisition. That's 2.5%. I'd pay you 2.5% for a customer referral!

Thanks!

Ben

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ben_Kayfetz  Yes you will keep old loyalty rewards there tied to your acccout not your plan . I just did this switch myself so I can confirm . Check it out 

Handy1_0-1689947305590.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ben_Kayfetz 

yes, the $39 plan is  better deal

You can freely change plan and it wont' affect your current rewards, also confirmed by Community Manager here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FAQ-amp-Troubleshooting/td-p/986594

Will I be moved to the new rewards program if I change my plan?
Changing your plan won’t automatically transfer you to our new Public Points rewards program. If you’re currently on our legacy rewards program, you will continue to stay on it. However, we encourage you to explore Public Points, as it opens up even more opportunities for savings.

Need Help? Let's chat.