cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G to 4G

PaulR2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Took the 4G promotion to upgrade my IPHONE 8 from 3G starting this June 24, and I still haven't received this upgrade. Yes, I checked that this phone will run with 4G but it seems that the problem is that Public Mobil hasn't made the changes. What can i do, thanks

7 REPLIES 7

aman14

Thank you so much for your reply; I truly appreciate it. I am currently satisfied with the 3G plan's internet speed, but I find the data limit to be too low. This is the only reason I am considering an upgrade.

Could you please advise whether it would be better to remain on my current 3G plan, which offers 1GB of data, or to upgrade to the 4G plan and switch to the 3G network when needed (as I've noticed that my phone's battery drains faster on 4G)? Additionally, will the speed and performance remain the same when switching from 4G to 3G, or would it be better to stick with the 3G plan for optimal performance?

@aman14 wrote:

I am considering upgrading to a 4G plan, but I have a concern. My phone tends to drain its battery quickly on the 4G network, so I prefer to keep it on the 3G network when possible.

If I upgrade to the 4G plan, will I still be able to use the internet on the 3G network?

All Public Mobile plans allow access to the same networks, so yes, a 4g plan can use the 3g network.   I don't recommend using the 3g network.  The 3g/HSPA network is being gradually phased out, so service will become increasingly worse.

aman14

I am considering upgrading to a 4G plan, but I have a concern. My phone tends to drain its battery quickly on the 4G network, so I prefer to keep it on the 3G network when possible.

If I upgrade to the 4G plan, will I still be able to use the internet on the 3G network?

PaulR2

Thanking all of your responses, simple fix after I was informed that LTE is 4G, something that Public Mobil should share when someone is switching 3G to 4G, again thanking you

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@PaulR2   Do you mean that your plan hasn't changed as expected or that your speed has not improved?  If the latter make sure your phone is set to LTE and not 3G in settings (cellular - cellular data options - voice and data)

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

4G is LTE, so if you're on LTE you already have a 4G connection.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PaulR2 

have you run a Speedtest to check ?

added...

should see speeds near to 100 Mbps with 4G

Need Help? Let's chat.