cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G phone plans

pirsquared
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why have you gotten rid of the 3G phone plans? I was hoping to convert my mom's landline to a more affordable PM $25 plan, but that seems to no longer be possible. I guess we'll go with Lucky Mobile instead. Way to lose a potential customer to greed...

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robm54 

maybe you misunderstood... the 3g plans do not need to be increased in price, just the data speeds. what pm is doing right now is trying to upsell customers by holding those lower end plans to 3g

robm54
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

maybe because some people do not want  or cannot afford to be upsold to a more expensive plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot_20230531-201849.png

ezl007

@pirsquared  Maybe after TELUS/PM has sorted all the bugs, the 3G plans may show up on the website, not just in the apps which is of not much value - downloaded and deleted it.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't even understand why PM is holding back those plans. just make them 4g... 

XxdanxX

In the end 3g will be cycled out at some point in the future it's becoming older and older technology (even though they are just throttling higher speed connections) if lucky has good service is a viable option but the benefit of public is the serviceable area. Once an account has been activated there shouldn't be a reason you can't just delete the app I only use my computer for payments anyways. Though it is a bit annoying to have to download it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pirsquared 

We are all just customers here, just like you.

And most of us agree the new version of public mobile is a bit sketchy and just has some flashy colors and tools.

But overall the offerings and presentation are not as favorable.

pirsquared
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, @hTideGnow and @BKNS27, but it shouldn't be necessary to download and sign up with an app when the website is available. This is just plain deceitful. It's hard enough convincing my mom to get a cell phone at all let alone using an app to activate it.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pirsquared 

The $15 and $25 plan is still available. You need to register on the Eversafe ID on the website or new PM app and click on Shop Subscription Plan.

The website only shows 4G and 5G.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @pirsquared 

the 3G plans are here!!

you just need to download the app and activate from there.  the 3G speed plans , both $15 and $25 are there

hTideGnow_0-1685582514687.png

Need Help? Let's chat.