cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$34 20GB Plan showing as Unlimited Quebec Minutes instead of Canada Wide

Tbone99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for the new $34 20GB Unlimited Canada-wide Minutes plan and set it up to start on my next renewal. When I check in My Account, under upcoming payments it shows as 'Unlimited Quebec Minutes' instead of Canada Wide.

Any one else seeing this? I tried submitting a ticket but keep getting error messages when attempting to submit it.

My AccountMy Account

The advertised plan

Capture.JPG

36 REPLIES 36

@Tbone99 wrote:

I guess we never got a clear response from PM on this issue. But now that they're offering the $34 20gb 5G plan it doesn't really matter, they've atleast fixed the Canada wide wording for that plan.

Publci Mobile has already stated that some of the plans incorrectly state that they are regional plans.  This specific plan is available to any Public Mobile and includes Canada-wide calling.

Tbone99

I guess we never got a clear response from PM on this issue. But now that they're offering the $34 20gb 5G plan it doesn't really matter, they've atleast fixed the Canada wide wording for that plan.

@mojorising- Unless you had asked a compound question, even that answer is problematic. The $34 plan is available to all. The $29 plan is QC-only. But you or they didn't mention that.

Adding - I'll believe it when I see it. Either the details are corrected or someone tests it. Just more lack of quality control.

thanks @mojorising for confirming.  So we are all good, it's Canada-wide  🙂

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geogolem They did. I posted their response in this thread.

Here is the reply.

Thank you for replying back, mojorising!

We appreciate the information you've provided and I'll escalate this matter so the information can be clarified. However, as the plan states prior you complete the changes it includes Canada-wide minutes and your account (address and phone number) doesn't belong to QC province so you don't receive the offers for QC residents.

@geogolem- Customer service gives conflicting answers. (quelle surprise) So we're waiting for someone to complete the change and test.

HI @geogolem 

i think that was confirmed it is a Canada wide, and not Quebec only

geogolem
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Still no confirmation or update from customer service?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

I'm sure everything will work out. this plan is just a teaser to the plans they'll offer during Black Friday. hopefully, they offer the 90 day price for 30 day plans. 

$39/30gb 5g for 30 days please. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @CS_Agent 

We're still waiting for an answer. 

CS Agent Edmond says Quebec Only - Posted below

CS Agent Unknown says Canada Wide - Cut and pasted from private message mojorising

KYath
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This PM line is my father-in-law's account that I'm helping him with. It's these situations and my personal line going over to Telus recently, is reminding me why I was with Freedom/Wind for over 10 years. With Telus, I constantly have billing and mixed messaging issues with them.

mojorising

Here is the reply.

Thank you for replying back, mojorising!

We appreciate the information you've provided and I'll escalate this matter so the information can be clarified. However, as the plan states prior you complete the changes it includes Canada-wide minutes and your account (address and phone number) doesn't belong to QC province so you don't receive the offers for QC residents.

mojorising

I did I will advise on the response (if any).

I agree. Hey @mojorising would you mind reaching out to the rep that gave you this information and give them the link to this page and advise them Edmond said it's a Quebec Only plan and what "they" said is different and to please come and post their response here. Thank you sir.

Tbone99

Good point, would like a CS Agent to post a definitive reply on this thread

@Tbone99- My guess would be that they could correct it but that people would have to re-change to the newer version of it. Just a guess.

That's great to hear @mojorising . It's good to know PM won't be screwing over a ton of people by that "Quebec" writing. Good deal then for sure. Thanks for update.

Now, with this being said.... 

You've got one CS Agent - Edmond - Saying it's a Quebec Only plan

You've got one CS Agent - Unknown - Saying it's a Canada Wide plan

You can see how everyone is confused with 2 different reps saying 2 different things. LOL.

mojorising

I believe that is correct. I just wish they would have just said that. 🙂

Tbone99

So safe to assume the 'Unlimited Quebec Minutes' is just a typo that will be corrected?

mojorising

@Chalupa_Batman 

This is the replied I got from a CS Agent.

We sincerely apologize for the confusion but the information provided in the receipt wasn't correct because the new plan includes Unlimited Canada-wide minutes as it is stated in the picture.

mojorising_0-1699123670609.png

KYath
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just noticed the same thing when I changed my $104 60gb 90 day plan to this plan. 

Public Mobile 34 Dollars Canada Wide Minutes.png

Edit: The link here is BC as you can see in the URL and the plan does come up. I switched to it this morning and like everyone else is seeing Quebec minutes afterwards. https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/activation/plans/20GB-4Gspeed4

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

eventually the promo plans make their way down to affordable terms (30 days). I'm happy I was able to get this plan without losing my "available balance". I can't wait till Black Friday deals! I hope they offer some $35/40 30 day 5g plans

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Gotcha. Just thought as Oracles you had a direct line to CS Agents for answers...  🙂  Good to know for future reference.  That was then, this is now.  

Back in the day when the moderator team was contracted to a Montreal firm, you could say we had some unofficial insider access.  

Gotcha. Just thought as Oracles you had a direct line to CS Agents for answers...  🙂  Good to know for future reference. 

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Now we have another person posting...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/New-29-3g-plan-advertised-as-Canada-wide-...

Perhaps it's time to tag in a moderator/oracle to find out what's going on so we have factual information or tag in Jade to the conversation. 

The oracles are not privy to how this plays out.  In many ways, we are just customers at large.  

Now we have another person posting...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/New-29-3g-plan-advertised-as-Canada-wide-...

Perhaps it's time to tag in a moderator/oracle to find out what's going on so we have factual information or tag in Jade to the conversation. 

@Chalupa_Batman 

I guess the honorable thing for PM to do is to make it available as per the current wording.....we'll see though.

Right. That shows for everyone is sounds like. But once you accept the offer, THEN it shows Quebec only. That I think where the glitch is. That Quebec only shouldn't be in there. I think... and this is just me....  sounds like someone cut and paste the same info in the script for the $29 offer that's actually just for Quebec. Just some lazy scripting. 

@Chalupa_Batman 

I'm in BC and it shows that $34 plan is availlble with Unlimited Canada -wide mins.

Need Help? Let's chat.