cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$34 20GB 30-day plan available for current customers now!

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just saw this on my available plans and had the option to change. For those who don't want to take a hit in the pocketbook on the 90day plan.

34.JPG

60 REPLIES 60

How would they know your credit card address? What if you move to Quebec. What info do they need to get you on a plan?

HI @sheytoon 

from the test with another member, it depends on the original account setup, if it is setup as Quebec account, then can they can get Quebec plan.  To setup a Quebec account, you will need to pick a Quebec area code phone number and and credit card used has a Quebec address

For us with a non-Quebec account, even we change number to Quebec area code, we won't be able to access Quebec plan as the account setup originally marked as non Quebec

I think it's based on area code, not address. Anyone can get the same plan if they switch their phone number to any Quebec area code.

HI @HJS_MTL1  you are in Quebec, right?  yes, Quebec always have better plans before of the more competitive pricing form Videotron and Fuzz.  But too bad, only those account setup with a Quebec address and credit card can enjoy the better plans

HJS_MTL1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see a $29 3gig plan, here in Quebec.

Screenshot_20231109-064900~2.png

@geogolem- Obviously and of course. Welcome to Public Mobile. So we await proof.

farmbot1

Agreed.

I think the $34plan was for Black Friday goodness and inadvertently released prematurely.

The only response should be to honor the plan.

geogolem
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dust2dust and @mojorising and others  - I am sure you will agree...

It is insufficient to just get the opinions of the @CS_Agent or even for them to simply just respond with their opions and still take no action to rectify the error. They need to actually fix the issue by doing one of the following:

1) Change the advertisement for the plan to "Unlimited Quebec only minutes" instead of saying "Canada-wide minutes" and post a correction notice.

2) Fix the description in the payments section that appears after one schedules the plan change to correctly say "Unlimited Canada-wide minutes" so that it matches the advertisement.

The 2nd option is the better and more consumer friendly option at this point but they need to do one or the other. Customers should not need to *wait* until someones renewal actually goes through to find out what is going to happen.

lol And yet there's another thread with a reply from an agent saying something different. Public Mobile is Grreeatt! Adding - correction - Canada-wide but Quebec-only.

mojorising

@geogolemThis is the replied I got from a CS Agent.

We sincerely apologize for the confusion but the information provided in the receipt wasn't correct because the new plan includes Unlimited Canada-wide minutes as it is stated in the picture.

mojorising_0-1699123670609.png

@geogolem wrote:

Has anybody actually messaged the @CS_Agent to have them look into this Quebec only minutes issue after scheduling the plan change?

I won't be renewing for some time, have not taken the time to ask yet.  I sense we are going to get an opinion rather than an actual confirmation.  The most trusted input would be from a customer that has renewed into this plan already.  

geogolem

Has anybody actually messaged the @CS_Agent to have them look into this Quebec only minutes issue after scheduling the plan change?

Frank_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah, in the app it shows I have call display and voice mail but on the $34 plan it omits that in the description.

This is on the app when switching from the $39 to the $34 plan.

In retrospect all plans come with voicemail and call display so its probably just an omission from the description.

@Frank_M wrote:

Did anyone notice you lose call display and voicemail with the $34 plan?

I am not on this plan, so I cannot offer any data point.  However, what you are experiencing appears to be in contravention with the information provided in the help article.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/overview-of-plans

Frank_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did anyone notice you lose call display and voicemail with the $34 plan?

geogolem

Seeing the same issue on my account as well...

After scheduling the plan change for next renewal.. the payment page displays Quebec minutes...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I just put in the plan change to confirm this oddity.  It shows Canada wide minutes throughout until the plan change is staged up and you go and back to check the rewards tab.  I hope this gets sorted out one way or the other for those who want the 30 day edition of the plan.  

Brian251
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Seeing the same issue on my side as well

Diziat

I am seeing the same thing on my end as well. Can any mods confirm if this is indeed a Canada-wide plan?

@will13am wrote:

I much prefer a 90 day plan over a 30 day one for the same money.  It is much more convenient having a longer expiry for the data.  

This really depneds on the customer's usage patterns. I don't see that as an advantage and beleive that most customers would consider this as paying more ahead of time unnecessarily.  I would also agrue that if you're able to save data for use later on during the 90 day cycle, many of these customers might not need that much data to begin with.  I do realize that there's currently nothing being offered that is between 1GB and 20GB per 30 days.

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @will13am , you sure? but you are locked down for 3 months!!

like if you just started now, you will have to wait on the side when you see all the great deals on BF and Boxing Day 🙂

Where am I going to go?  I doubt that there will be targeted plans costing less than $34 per 30 day cycle that offers at least 10GB.  I don't mind $29/10GB plan.  You think it will happen?  I would like to see it but I am definitely not holding my breath for it.  BTW, I am committed on this plan to year end because I am currently on a 90 day cycle.  

farmbot1

Same plan as my current $39/20 Gb plan

Scheduled change for $34 /20Gb plan end of November in account.

Thanks Publicmobile community for heads up!

@bluecap wrote:

For some reason, the "Unlimited Canadian-wide minutes" in the $34 plan became "Unlimited Quebec minutes" showing in the payment page after making the subscription change for the next renewal date.

bluecap_1-1699043502594.png

bluecap_0-1699043383768.png

@bluecap , this is really odd, it did the same thing to me! I’m not in Quebec! No where near it!

bluecap

For some reason, the "Unlimited Canadian-wide minutes" in the $34 plan became "Unlimited Quebec minutes" showing in the payment page after making the subscription change for the next renewal date.

bluecap_1-1699043502594.png

bluecap_0-1699043383768.png

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

I love this plan!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@mojorising , I saw that! I hope that price stays! It would be more affordable for me. I’m still on the $15 3G Plan. Waiting for one that’s worth switching to for myself. 🙂

hi @will13am , you sure? but you are locked down for 3 months!!

like if you just started now, you will have to wait on the side when you see all the great deals on BF and Boxing Day 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I much prefer a 90 day plan over a 30 day one for the same money.  It is much more convenient having a longer expiry for the data.  

mojorising

So have I.

Priority

Changing my Dad's from the $102/90day to $34/30day right now!

Need Help? Let's chat.