cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$29 10g plan

Weizhou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been trying to change my subscription to the $29 10g data for past few days but the site kept freezing when I tried to apply the plan and now the plan is gone.  Can someone here help me?   If not I will have to port my number out on renewal as Freedom is offering the same plan but I prefer Public coverage

7 REPLIES 7

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM management needs to address this for it's long term existing customers.  For example, Orchard used phone sales sends emails to people on their mailing list days before the black friday sale started to give us a heads up it was coming in case we had our eyes on a particular phone.  There is no reason PM could not do something like this, provided a new plan was available to existing customers of course.

I was at BestBuy the other day looking for something and overheard 2 senior citizens discussing phone providers with one of the store employees.  At the end of their conversation I offered my suggestion of Public Mobile to the two customers and showed them the store page on my phone that still had the black friday offers available.  They were very appreciative and it feels good to help our fellow Canadians get the most service for our dollars as we all know of the telco monopolies in this country.

When we as longer term customers can't get access to plan upgrades like this it makes it difficult to recommend PM to friends and family, I already have a few friends who have joined and one family member.  It goes without saying that threads like this one are an easy and convenient way to vent our frustrations but still leave a sour taste in our mouths, especially when PM management doesn't leave a comment. Thanks for listening to my Ted Talk.

Well, they DID admit the websites were problematic and people were having a hard time signing up and signing on and even upgrading or changing plans. Because Friday itself, people were able to change to this plan, whether or not it changed the next day to New Customers Only, you can reach out to a CS Agent and voice your concerns. People do have a legitimate complaint to make and to honor offers made. Here's a link to message them and see what they say. Let us know if it works.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Weizhou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up as a new customer for the $25 1g.  I saw it available to change during BF/Cyber monday and tried to switch but the website was so laggy

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Weizhou 

This was a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal for new members but it is gone gone gone.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Weizhou,

Are you a new or existing client? The reason I ask is because the $29/10GB plan was for new activations only (New clients). That being said, it is no longer available as the promotion expired. We'll have to keep our eyes open for boxing day deals which is just around the corner!

Andy85_0-1701308257117.png

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Weizhou 

Even it it was still available, you can't switch to it. It's only for or was only for new customers. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Weizhou 

Unfortunately if it is gone, it is gone

Maybe it will come back Xmas, Boxing day

Need Help? Let's chat.