cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$29/10GB/4G speed plan

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Anybody able to switch to this plan right now?  I was trying to help a friend with the plan switch and it was nowhere to be found.  The website still lists the plan as being available, but it is no longer in the self serve portal.  

27 REPLIES 27

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I read that as an offer for $29/10GB every month, I haven't heard of buying a recurring add-on. I was lucky enough to book that plan on BF so it's a known plan. I would switch from $25/1GB and in fact I did (back then). Though I probably wouldn't switch from the $15 plan, if that was meeting my needs. 🙂

Neil10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife just received this offer text from Public Mobile. Is this the $29 10GB plan or is this an offer to add 10GB for an additional $29/month?

Public Mobile here. We've got a great deal for you. Get 10GB of data at 4G speeds of up to 100mbps for only $29/month.

Reply YES to get this limited time offer added to your account and will take effect on your next renewal date.

Hurry, offer ends January 14, 2024.

Reply STOP if you no longer wish to hear about Public Mobile offers.

ottawa

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence" [or exhaustion]

on2wheels

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and think that this is testing the waters for who will switch over.  PM is LONG overdue for a plan upgrade like this and it definitely is a bit of a middle finger to existing customers.

Jonavin

All the other carriers have 20-30 deals on $29 or $30 plans. Are they asking us to leave PM if we want this? I don’t even need that much data.  I keep waiting for a $15 to $25 5G conversion deal but it seems like I’m never getting this so I need to consider more options.

These low use lines are for my kid and they are getting to the stage where the 250mb isn’t good enough.  1GB for $25 doesn’t seem of any value when you can get $29 for way more data or knowing that 5GB $25 exists. I just don’t have access to it for whatever reason.

ottawa

@user8849  I sympathize with the frustration, but I'm sure the last thing they wanted while their servers were staggering, was to start another run on the bank while people rushed to switch to $29/10GB. More likely they just forgot to set the "new activations" flag and so it was available for changes for about 12 hours (?). They must be tired. I do take it as a lesson to leverage their exhaustion and check for new plans about 1am. 🙂

user8849
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New activations only BUT there is still a Login button to confuse and mislead existing customers...

user8849_0-1700942512404.png

Many of us couldn't switch to this plan yesterday because of the major issues with Public Mobile self-service that lasted for hours, and as soon as it's resolved, they restrict the plan.

This is basically the same as giving the middle finger to their existing customers.

Very frustrating and disrespectful.

ottawa

I was able to switch at 3am and I still see the upcoming subscription change, but it's only showing as new activations (if not logged in) or not there (if logged in) under the list of plans. I suspect they put it up and forgot to make it new-only, then corrected it in the morning.

Congratulations to those who jumped on it! Maybe 1am is a good time to check for new plans. 🙂

@wetcoaster wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I don't recall seeing anything about new activations only yesterday which is why I wanted to poll the community.  It looks like they added the new condition this morning.  Late last night I successfully got this plan for a few of my accounts.  I mentioned it to a friend this morning and they wanted the plan but it was not there anymore.  Oh well, maybe they will bring it back for cyber Monday.  

Same here - with the difference that my friend tried to log in ever since the $29 plan showed up. They literally tried for 10+ hours - the odd time the system actually got them on the landing page, they would be kicked out before the subscription page loaded. Coming back this morning, when they finally were able to access the change subscription page, the plan wasn't available anymore. It's PM's loss really, this person will not spend $34 on their plan, but would have gone for $29...

Shopping can be a zero sum game where you win some and lose some.  I downgraded $39 accounts to $34 and upgraded $25 accounts to $29.  Net outcome is $1 average savings with a whole lot more usage.  I think I won more than I lost.  

@will13am wrote:

I don't recall seeing anything about new activations only yesterday which is why I wanted to poll the community.  It looks like they added the new condition this morning.  Late last night I successfully got this plan for a few of my accounts.  I mentioned it to a friend this morning and they wanted the plan but it was not there anymore.  Oh well, maybe they will bring it back for cyber Monday.  

Same here - with the difference that my friend tried to log in ever since the $29 plan showed up. They literally tried for 10+ hours - the odd time the system actually got them on the landing page, they would be kicked out before the subscription page loaded. Coming back this morning, when they finally were able to access the change subscription page, the plan wasn't available anymore. It's PM's loss really, this person will not spend $34 on their plan, but would have gone for $29...

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lieux wrote:

Funny…IMG_3442.png

I was able to do it.

@Lieux Take the plan and run!!! hahaha

Hannnnnnn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

that'r right

@Andy85 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

Nothing about just for new activations only when I did it around 12.20 PM today.

Probably QC customers exempted.  😥

@will13am I'm from Quebec and I am unable to find the 10gb plan at the moment anymore when logged into my account.

Maybe cached data is helping some customers get it.  I checked a couple of my accounts which do not this plan set up for upcoming renewal and it is definitely no longer available for selection.  We must have had a rug pull this morning.  I am glad I was able to barely login last night and get the plan for my accounts that were on the $25/5GB/3G speed plan.  Paying $4 more for a proper speed is definitely worth it.  

Hannnnnnn

a little bit unfair😂

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

You see THIS on the Shop page.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1700934200556.png

You see THIS when you click on it.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1700934259042.png

Just SOOOO confusing.

Funny…IMG_3442.png

I was able to do it.

Andy85

@will13am wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

Nothing about just for new activations only when I did it around 12.20 PM today.

@will13am I'm from Quebec and I am unable to find the 10gb plan at the moment anymore when logged into my account.

Andy85

@will13am wrote:

@will13am  agreed. I think that is what happened. I was a little skeptic as to why PM was offering a 6gb and 10gb plan at the identical price lol. I felt like there would be a catch somewhere. I think we're all learning about the catch today haha. 

Hannnnnnn

don't think so

@Lieux wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@will13am  I just did on the application.

Andy85

@Hannnnnnn wrote:

image_6483441.JPG

existing users changed it 

@Hannnnnnn There are 2 possibilities I'm thinking of. Perhaps your friend switched their plan before Public Mobile changed the conditions of the plan. In that case, they were lucky. Otherwise, if the intent is for existing users to have access to the plan, it is a glitch on Public Mobile's end whereby some clients can make the switch and others cannot. Either way, this should be clarified.

Hannnnnnn

image_6483441.JPG

existing users changed it 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @will13am 

Yes. I just logged into the app and was able to change it. BUT I didn't go any farther other than look at the offer. I'm still on the fence about losing my $25 5GB plan. LOL.

EDIT: I saw it on my list this morning on my App when I woke up. I just checked now and the plan is gone. On the SHOP page it states Promotion. But when you click on it, it shows New Customers Only. Yup!

Andy85

Hi @will13am , 

As of last night, I was able to view it when logged into my account. That being said, I was skeptical as to why PM was offering the 6gb plan and the 10gb plan at the exact same price. It looks like they have since modified their fine print. The 10gb plan is for new activations only and I am unable to access the plan as of right now because I am an existing user. 

Andy85_0-1700932185369.png

Need Help? Let's chat.