cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$28 Over Charge??

GreggVickell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a preauthorized debit plan with PM and I've been a customer in good standing for about 2 years now.

Approximately 2 weeks ago I recognized a additional PM monthly billing in the amount of $28 in addition to my monthly preauthorized debit amount.

When I contacted the CS agent to determine the nature of the $28 charge they could not explain.

As such I disputed the $28 charge with my credit card co., cancelled my credit card, had a new one issued and changed the preauthorized debit card details in My Account.

Yesterday my PM service was suspended and still I don't know any detail regarding the overcharge.

Time to move on I guess.

9 REPLIES 9

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@GreggVickell 

as to the practice of doing chargebacks, it is understandable why public mobile would be sensitive to this as a prepaid supplier.

If sketchy folks charge a month service to their credit card, receive the service, and then do a chargeback they have essentially received the service for free.

So the only ‘protection’ public mobile has in these cases is to accept cash only payments, as would be the case when a payment voucher is applied.

They will reverse that decision when it is evident they have erred, but only if it is very evident that they have.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@GreggVickell 

Did you request the chargeback after public mobile outrightly refused to refund you what you believed to be an overpayment?

Can you post screenshots of the payment history on your self-serve account which support the extra charge?

Is it possible the extra charge occurred on your payment card but was not attached to your individual public mobile account? (i.e. perhaps someone else opening or utilizing your credit card for services with  Public Mobile?? Just throwing out possibilities … )

GreggVickell

I contacted and discussed the reason for the $28 overcharge with an Agent before disputing the charge with the bank, the Agent was of zero help.

Only this am did I learn from a different Agent the reason for the overcharge, too late.

HI@GreggVickell 

It was a mistake for the Charge back.  PM might hvae charged you wrong, but situation like this usually can be resolved, just need to give time and patience

At this time, unless PM is accepting the full responsibility and just resume the service, the usually resolution is that they will ask you to buy and load vouchers with their help for the next 12 months until the account is in good standing again.  Of course, it sounds like you have a case, so, maybe PM will acknowledge the mistake and just unlock it

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Biggest mistake you did is asking for chargeback from your bank.

Now you are on a black list on PM and the only way to pay for your bill will be using voucher. I do not know if PM will allow you to use credit anymore.

You should plead your case with the agent and ask to communicate with manager/supervisor.

You should ask what to do with overcharge before going to the bank. 😞 😞

@GreggVickell wrote:

Further investigation shows that my April 12th preauthorized monthly PM debit wasn't debited !

@GreggVickell 

So, you meant PM didn't take the regular monthly amount but instead debit you a $28 charge which you have no idea?

I suspect the subsequent $28 chargeback has something to do with this.

Again, if a charge back was made, I can tell you that was the reason with the account suspension.  I explained to you in my earlier post that why PM is very sensitive with charge back.  The system will suspend the account immediately, automatically when it happens.  

And you really have to work with agent to sort out the situation.  You can try to ask them to escalate.  And again, this is something only PM can help.

Good luck and come back and tell us how it resolves

GreggVickell

Further investigation shows that my April 12th preauthorized monthly PM debit wasn't debited !

I suspect the subsequent $28 chargeback has something to do with this.

This is a PM payment error which culminated in my service being suspended,  note that this was well before I I disputed the $28 charge with my credit card provider and had a new card issued.

I have made this case to the Agent but Leonardo is stonewalling me.

I expect PM to correct my account, they should have debited April 12th,  PM Agents leave a lot to be desired.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@GreggVickell - it is too bad you didn't have a more helpful Public agent. I would submit another ticket to get this sorted out. Chargebacks are kinda poison here and lock up accounts. But Public can make this right if you explain and push a little harder with them.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GreggVickell you made a charge back on a PM charge?

Yes,  PM is a prepaid provider and really sensitive to charge back situation as there are others tried to take advantage by making a  charge back to enjoy one month of free service. You have a reason to charge back for the $28, but you really have to work with support and explain the situation and hope they can agree on something with you. 

We are just customers like you and we really unable to help or advise further 

Need Help? Let's chat.