cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

240gb bonus and switching to a different (cheaper) plan

Matty1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the email that I'll be receiving the 240gb bonus on March 30, which is kinda pointless as I'm on the 40gb with unlimited slower data - and I only use 10 to 20gb a month.

The email also says 'The data bonus will expire if your account becomes inactive or if you switch to an incompatible or lower-value plan'. So if I change to the $15 3g 250mb plan (so I can actually use the 240gb bonus), would I actually lose the bonus?

I've already ordered a Fizz mobile sim, if I lose the data then it'll just push me earlier to fizz. 

8 REPLIES 8

rays2c
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What a joke.  Farewell Public.  It was a good 10+ years.

n0mad

Data point: I had several bonuses that did not expire, which have been retired and replaced with this 240GB plan. Who needs 240GB when wifi is so easily accessible? Don't give us more data and give us fair loyalty points or just plain credits!

SATNAMS

I am very disappointed with moving from the legacy system to the new rewards point system. I see no value in it. I have a 50GB per month on 5G and I rarely use 1GB per month. Giving me the additional 240GB bonus is of no value. I would rather stick with the existing loyalty system, which helps redude my monthly bill

@Shaheen_M   My guess is that you would either lose it or get the lower amount of bonus data since the amount seems to depend on the current plan, and some have reported only getting 5GB.  But that is just a guess!  If it is automated it would depend on how they set it up.

Shaheen_M

So I haven’t received an email yet… if I switch to the $15 plan right now before getting notified/my bonus data, will I also forfeit my bonus data? That I haven’t gotten yet? Lol

@Matty1234 

if you decided to leave PM, just use as much data as you can, nothing to loss.  Stream movies and music,  speed test.. 🙂

Matty1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, much appreciated. Kind of a pointless bonus then, will miss Public Mobile. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Matty1234 

Yes, you will loss your bonus data if you move to the cheaper $15 plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.