Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20OFFMONTHLY deal

danvo1991
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 12.59.23 PM.png

 Hi,

I'm gonna switch to $55 20gb and I applied promo code 20OFFMONTHLY. But $20 credit wont show in my upcoming bill.

So my next bill will be $35 + tax or $62.15? 

thanks

17 REPLIES 17

pckku
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It seems this $35/20Gb Black Friday promotion boils down to the following:

1. This deal will not work on future plan option (effective at renewal) although the system does accept the promo code 20OFFMONTHLY. I did send a private message and PM agent confirmed it is for new customers only.

2. If you want to subscribe to this promo $35/20 Gb, only way is to purchase the plan right away. This has been done by others successfully.  However, you will not get any of your reward credits and you will not get credit for unexpired plan, apply to this purchase. The rewards will still be there for your next renewal. This will be your "cost".

3. This $35/20Gb promotion will end today. You can check the official page from PM.

Screenshot_20221129_084949_com.microsoft.emmx_edit_168431727121173.jpg

I see that other carriers keep changing and adding deals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I think it is good that PM keeps following them closely and adding new deals to match those offers.  However, I think PM and @J_PM needs to keep updating us with new announcement and new deals.   

In this specific case, $55/20GB with $20 discounts, if it is really extended to all existing users as what said by CS agent (according to a post earlier), then please make an announcement.   However, if it is just a glitch, same thing, please put an announcement to stop it and fix the system 

Also, don't play around words like "Today only"

People are getting text today  about $40/15GB deals saying CyberMonday deals today only, but this deal has been ongoing for weeks!!  The same thing happened before, @J_PM posted "Single-Day Deal - Get 15GB of 4G speed data for $40 a month",  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Single-Day-Deal-Get-15GB-of-4G-speed-da... , which we all know that the deal has been "extending daily"

@dabr wrote:

@J_PM    TBH, this confusion regarding existing customers being eligible to receive the discounted price for the $55/20GB plan has gone on way too long and by now we should have received an official statement clarifying whether this price will be honoured if someone changes to this plan, especially since responses from CSA's have only added to the confusion as per this thread and others.

The official statement has always been that the offer is only for new cusomers. To my understanding, anything said to the contrary is an error, and I realize that isn't the fault of the customers.  I also understand confusion has been caused by Self Serve accepting the code from existing customers. However, that doesn't change the official information. I also feel strongly that if customers are receiving a discount that they're not supposed to, threads about that could possibly lead to consequences that aren't favorable to existing customers such as the loophole being closed.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM    TBH, this confusion regarding existing customers being eligible to receive the discounted price for the $55/20GB plan has gone on way too long and by now we should have received an official statement clarifying whether this price will be honoured if someone changes to this plan, especially since responses from CSA's have only added to the confusion as per this thread and others.

brockster

This is ridiculous look how many people here say it will work, how many say it won't.  Even some agents say it will work and others say it won't... PUBLIC MOBILE just make it available to all or you are going to lose a lot of customers as there amazing Black Friday deals out there for the same price that INCLUDE a new iPhone 13!

danvo1991

Thanks for your info. So to get this promo, you have to switch the plan right away because the plan no apply for the next renewal day?

shereenyang723

Capture 1.PNG

I did it, it has to be changed from now. It will charge you $35+tax today, but I think it worth it 

HI @danvo1991   someone tested yesterday and confirmed it works for existing customers too

Also, someone opened ticket and CS agent said the deal is now extended to existing customers

danvo1991

I dont think you will get the deal $20 off because its for new customers only. Please find my other comment in this post.

shereenyang723

I am talking about the $20 off $55. But I dont want to risk change the plan now, and not be able to change back to current plan if it didnt success. 

danvo1991

Are you talking about $20 off from $55 plan deal or $40 for 15gb deal?

So if I want to change plan to $40 for 15gb, I have to change now? It wont apply for change in the next renew day?

danvo1991

Found this.

Plan price includes $20 credit applied monthly for 15 months. Customers must select the 20 GB for $55/mo plan to receive this offer. Credit will drop off on month 16 or if customer initiates a rate plan change, whichever is earlier. Limited time offer. Available for new customers only. This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers or other promo codes. This offer is subject to change without notice. Taxes are extra.

So it confirmed only for new customers.

shereenyang723

Hello, I submitted a ticket, and this is what customer service replied:

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your account today.

My name is Osvaldo and I am very pleased to help you with your inquiry.

Also Thank you for verifying & for authenticating, as this preserves the confidentiality of your account.

Please keep in mind that this promotion is for one day which means you will need to change the plan today, it won't work if you select the next renewal day.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or requests.

Regards,

Osvaldo

Customer Support Agent

sszz06

I tried to schedule a plan change as existing customer. It was supposed to be today. However, it didn't go through. I am still in $40 plan, and the plan change was postponed to next month.

Screenshot_20221128-090846_Chrome.jpg 

shereenyang723

I am having the same issue here. 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@danvo1991   Youll get to see the $20 credit on your renewal date, so price will drop to $35 from $55.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

This promo code is for new customers not existing customers so you will pay $55 plus taxes.

Need Help? Let's chat.