cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$2.00 Monthly Preauthorized Reward

Babs1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Preauthorized payment comes with a $2.00 monthly reward. Now as started in the pre-sign up details, the reward will be applied to my monthly bill every month thereby bringing the bill down by $2.00. The deduction will continue for as long as the preauthorization remains until the monthly bill comes to $00.00 eventually.

Here's the situation, I get the reward through text message every month, but does not apply to the bill. The bill remains constant and as a matter of fact increased at a time from $50.00 monthly from the start, to now $54.00 monthly. Now how can I get to reverse the trend? Also get the accumulated credit applied to bring my bill to it's actual standing as it should be to date?

Thanks.

Loyal customer. 

18 REPLIES 18

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Babs1 wrote:

Hi buddy! 

I see what you you mean. I think that's what happened in my case. I was wasn't being charged the tax from the beginning.

Here we go again with the tax confusion. 

If you are using auto-pay on the $50 plan in BC you will be charged $50 plus 12% ($6) equalling $56. This will add $50 to your spendable balance. Then your 30 day cycle will show $50 minus $2 for auto-pay = $48. In this case your balance (after payment) would be $2 and would grow by $2 every 30 days. 

Whenever there is any non-zero dollar balance in the Public Mobile account, incuding after reward amounts are added to this account balance, the full plan price is not charged. The balance would not grow by $2. It wouldn't be charged to begin with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

If you are using auto-pay on the $50 plan in BC you will be charged $50 plus 12% ($6) equalling $56. This will add $50 to your spendable balance. Then your 30 day cycle will show $50 minus $2 for auto-pay = $48. In this case your balance (after payment) would be $2 and would grow by $2 every 30 days. 

? But that's not how it works.

@Babs1 wrote:

Hi buddy! 

I see what you you mean. I think that's what happened in my case. I was wasn't being charged the tax from the beginning.

Here we go again with the tax confusion. 

OR

If you are using auto-pay on the $50 plan in BC you will be charged $50 minus $2 for auto-pay = $48 plus 12% ($5.76) equalling $53.76. This will add $48 to your spendable balance. Then your 30 day cycle will show for auto-pay = $48 to balance at 0. 

Best thing is to study your My Account payment transactions. 

Better yet....try this. 

Prepay your account and keep auto-pay in place.

Try this hybrid customer developed auto-pay system. It works!

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. 

Manually pay 30 days ahead. Leave auto pay in place (just in case) as that alone gives you $2 off and if it is NOT used you will still get the $2 off. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid, that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may occasionally downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

PS. This would also ensure that if you had to wait for a voucher to be valid that anxiety won’t set in as you will have time to wait it out before your next 30 day term payment is due.

Copyright 2020

@hairbag1 wrote:

(I expect our "taxes" will go up when this covid thing is done.)

😫

If this will be true then it would be smart to stock up on things you would buy anyways (like SIM cards and Payment Vouchers) before tax increases. 🤔

@Joelkim wrote:

I was wondering about this so much before. The $2 rewards goes into tax I think?

Gotta pay the tax...no matter which province you're in.

(I expect our "taxes" will go up when this covid thing is done.)

😫

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was wondering about this so much before. The $2 rewards goes into tax I think?

Babs1

I get it. Thanks so much, I appreciate that.

Babs1

Hi buddy! 

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Babs1 

It sounds like you are in BC. With 12% tax. $50+12%$6=$56 or $50-$2=$48+12%$5.76=$53.76 

I'm in Alberta so its a lot easier with just GST 5%.

Babs1

I checked back my account and was able to figure it out. Thanks so much or your response and support.

Babs1

Thanks buddy. I was able to figure it out.

@Babs1  Access selfserve and select the payment history link. Set the date range to be 90 days. Does the Auto-Pay appear? If yes, then it's being applied otherwise hit the ? to submit a ticket and ask PM to fix it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Babs1 

What are the actual amounts with cents that you're seeing on your payment card?

That $2 reduces your plan cost for that term. It doesn't accumulate. Then the next term the same $2 reduction.

There have also been sporadic reports of people not actually paying (some) taxes and then it catches up to them.

@Babs1 the autopay reward is $2 per 30 day cycle.  It doesn't change It will always be $2. Stay safe. 

Babs1

Hi Buddy,

Even with the tax, the bill is not supposed to be constant every month. The following payment should be $2.00 less from the previous month's as long as the preauthorization remains.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Babs1 did you get that amount from your self service account or from your credit card? What is your tax rate? Thanks. 

@Babs1 

Can you screenshot your payment history page?  that would provide valuable information. Don't forget that you will need to pay also taxes on top of the $50 plan.  

@Babs1 

I believe that you may be forgetting that you need to pay sales tax.

Need Help? Let's chat.