cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120$ 12gb lte / 90 days (-21$ rewards)

empyr3al
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, with the fall 2016 plan.  We used to receive koodo offers like crazy to get us to "upgrade".  I feel this grandfathered plan is still am awesome deal.  Have any of you migrated or are the rewards keeping you here.  For a 3+ year old plan it's still a crazy deal.

14 REPLIES 14

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@empyr3al 

Just make sure your local calling is still working, and not deducting from any long-distance add-ons. There's someone else on the forums here that is on an old province-wide plan, and their local calling has stopped working (requiring a long-distance add-on to workaround) since just before PM announced the current 30-day province wide plans...

the issue with promo's is it isn't a set bill amount. the promo only lasts a year

ie.

• 1st year - $50
  • 2nd year - $55
  • 3rd year - $60

who am I kidding that's still a good deal... the good thing about postpaid is you can switch to new promo's without new activations. you just have to be off contract and talk to customer support. 

empyr3al
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Koodo $50 10gb unlimited Canadian calls and international messaging seems appealing.  Or $55/12 or $60/14.  I'm specifically at the end of the 90 says for the first time at this opportunity.  Seems not so targeted at this plan like they used to do though.  Opinions?  Bonus is Koodo would help boost credit unlike public mobile.

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

Put it in your will.......it will live on in perpetuity handed down from one generation to the next... You will be long gone but the you(r) plan will never be forgotten ......

It will go to a charity.  

I don't see there being much of a point to this. Four to five years later, this plan already isn't a good as it once was. The rewards are what now make the plan.  We also can't assume that the plans won't actually get better. When it comes to the most profitable reward (referrals), these need to added on a regular basis to maintain them. Over time, these will also gradually be lost unless new ones are added.

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

Put it in your will.......it will live on in perpetuity handed down from one generation to the next... You will be long gone but the you(r) plan will never be forgotten ......

It will go to a charity.  

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

I'm happy that my $15 plan is grandfathered.  The rewards and the community are a big plus here on Public Mobile.  So I am not going anywhere.

@empyr3al wrote:

Hi everyone, with the fall 2016 plan.  We used to receive koodo offers like crazy to get us to "upgrade".  I feel this grandfathered plan is still am awesome deal.  Have any of you migrated or are the rewards keeping you here.  For a 3+ year old plan it's still a crazy deal.

The plan itself isn't all that good compared to what is now offered elsewhere. That can be said for most of Public Mobile's past and present offerings. I see the rewards being the main reason for most to stay.

yes.. $40/5GB is "standard" these days across the couple Tier 3 providers

if you don't mind Post-paid plans from other carrier, they have better deal for $35 or $40 , too...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@empyr3al wrote:

Hi @empyr3al 

Considering it was offered 3+ years ago, $120 12gb lte / 90 days was definitely awesome pricing at the time.  I'm presuming it includes unlimited Canada-wide calling and unlimited international texting?

Looking at the current Limited Time Offer of $40 per 30-days (same price as $120 @ 90-day), you'd get 5 GB per 30-day cycle, with auto-pay, albeit at 3G.   If you're not using your data for higher speed applications, you'd gain an extra 1GB per 30 day cycle with it.

Plus, you'd not be feeling 'locked in' for a full 90 days should you ever felt compelled to pack up and go elsewhere.

Food for thought.

@will13am 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I still have the ubiquitous 2016 fall promo plan.  It's going to take more than Koodo offers to get me to leave.  They'll have to pry it...  I will let the audience fill in the blank.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@empyr3al 

That is still a wicked deal and many have kept it including a few of the oracles.There are a few customers that have dual koodo/pm accounts because they couldn't resist the migration offer but the rewards let them keep their pm account.

Ive only been here 18 months with a free $10 account and a $1 sometimes $2 sometimes free $15 account so I'm not going anywhere......

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @empyr3al 

You have an awesome plan!

I've been here 2 years and plan to stay on my "grandfathered" plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.