cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email received from public mobile about account

beads
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

has anyone else received an email like this?  My account is in good standing. I replied to the email telling them they are in error, just in case anyone is on the other end there.  It looks real but i've  never ever ever had an email so thought I'd share, for a heads up:

Oops. It looks like we didn't receive your payment.
Something went wrong with your pre-authorized payment
and your service has been put on hold.

After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated. That means you’ll lose your phone number and any Rewards you’ve earned.

Make your payment online and restore your service now.
Sign into My Account on the Public Mobile app

Click on "Reactivate Account", make sure that you've entered your credit card details correctly and make the payment

6 REPLIES 6

beads

Update: customer service has investigated and confirmed there was a "glitch in the messaging system".

beads

Thanks Halimacs. I'll update the community once i get a response to my email. Have a great weekend!

@beads 

I know it can be frustrating – but once you get used to this place, you’ll find the kinds of messaging sometimes received through email or SMS can sometimes be erroneous, confusing, and/or unwarranted.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@beads wrote:

Still waiting for more replies on this issue. My payment history indicates that my account is in good standing, my services all work, and the weird thing is that my payment cycle - or contract cycle or whatever, is not even close to the claim that this email makes. Something is out of whack. 

@beads 

so, you login and see the account is active? and you have service without any interruption?

you said you replied the email, the email address sending you the message shouldn't have anyone monitored, you need to open proper ticket with them if you want them to confirm

beads

Still waiting for more replies on this issue. My payment history indicates that my account is in good standing, my services all work, and the weird thing is that my payment cycle - or contract cycle or whatever, is not even close to the claim that this email makes. Something is out of whack. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@beads 

it is usually sent with valid reason when an auto pay has not been able to occur for some reason.

The strange thing is, some users have found that their calling and texting and data still work yet others have found that services are in fact on hold.

So when you receive this, it’s  always best to check your mobile services to ensure whether it requires attention or not.

Need Help? Let's chat.