cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new sim card, couldn't log into my old account, created new one and can't add voucher

Mis_Ter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm at "review and pay" page and there is nowhere to add a payment voucher in the page.

There is only credit card, promo code and referral code.

How the hell do I add a payment voucher to complete the activation?

And it would be nice if I could log into my old account. I still my same phone number.

12 REPLIES 12

Mis_Ter

Well I don't know how to find one that will do it.

@Mis_Ter wrote:

CSA can't activate accounts, 

They can actually can, and they have done it before.  It's more of a matter of if you can find a CSA who will do it.  At one point, it was official policy for the CSAs to accomodate customers who only had a voucher for payment.

HI @Mis_Ter 

most prepaid visa work, no need to worry

Mis_Ter

There is no list proving which ones work and which do not and there are far more people complaining that doesn't work either.

HI @Mis_Ter 

but you can use prepaid credit card

So, get a prepaid credit card and activate the line

With the voucher, you can use it for renewal.

Mis_Ter

CSA can't activate accounts, only a credit card will do. I bought a sim card from an immigrant tax payer funded cell phone repair shop for $15, went to another store to get a payment voucher, gave PM my sim card number effectively locking the card only to discover I can not return to PM without a credit card.

This crap is downright criminal!

@Mis_Ter wrote:

Another 500 mile drive to the city...

I'll just have to get customer support to add my voucher.

@Mis_Ter 

You can ask CSA to add voucher.  In the past, CSA were able to create an inactive account and then customer could add a voucher afterwards.  However, according to new customers, CSAs are unable to do that anymore.  You can ask though.  

Mis_Ter

Another 500 mile drive to the city...

I'll just have to get customer support to add my voucher.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mis_Ter 

You can pay with vouchers going forward, but just unable to activate with a voucher these days.  

As mentioned, you could purchase a prepaid VISA card (ie. Vanilla) and use to activate new account.  

Mis_Ter

Back in January/Feb had tons of troubles with PM and couldn't into site because of neversafe etc, finally got pissed off and went to Bell (PC mobile), have 16 other phones and no problem logging into them. One of the other phone even got lost, had no problem logging in and adding a new sim and even changed the plan. 

I only ever have problems with my main account which is why I almost collected up all the phones to switch them all. But that would cost a fortune running around thousand's of miles.

I use cash, not credit nor debit cards, which is why I buy vouchers, now I can't activate my new sim because there is no option to enter the payment voucher.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mis_Ter 

More details in your situation may be helpful.  

Did you lose your phone and you are trying a replace SIM card?  

If so, you don't need to activate the SIM card.  Just need to replace the SIM card number in your self service account. You can access your account by asking for 2FA email (instead of 2FA text). Click on resend code option.

New customer activating new account?

For new activations, you can't just use a payment voucher.  You need a credit card or visa debit.  You could purchase a prepaid credit card to use for activation. 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mis_Ter - If you haven't payed within 90 days of suspension you would lose your phone number.

And you will need a Credit Card or Debit Card to get started.

You may want to ask CS_Agent for help:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

⚠️ Public Mobile is Experiencing longer support wait times currently! Do Not Reply back to CS_Agent after submitting your ticket unless you solved it! Click here to bring up the Article!   ⚠️  

fixin1_0-1716558171795.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Need Help? Let's chat.