cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 account with 3 phones?

a400ryan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I use one account and have 3 phones to that one account ?

19 REPLIES 19

@gpixel 

I have not used the "+" version, but

w.e.t.c.o.a.s.t.e.r (at gmail), wet.coaster (at gmail) or any other "." variation thereof will be delivered to wetcoaster (at gmail).

Every version will be recognized as individual email address by Public Mobile's system.

(This is NOT my email address!)

so to reiterate what @a400ryan is asking. do we have to adjust some settings or set up the aliases in Gmail? or do we just type a400ryan+.... for the public mobile registration and Gmail will automatically recognize it?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@a400ryan wrote:

email aliases are allowed ??

can I use one email for all three ?

Email aliases are allowed. 

Using aliases does not let you put 3 phone numbers in one PM account which you are asking and want to do.  You still have 3 PM accounts.

Using aliases only save you from creating extra email addresses.  You still have to login 3 times using different aliases to check on your 3 numbers as PM is treating aliases as 3 individual email addresses.

@gblackma...as long as OP has rec'd a satisfactory answer to his question...I'm happy that he's selected yours as the Solution. No prob...but thanks anyhow.

Thanks for the solution @a400ryan . However the correct answer is either my or @hairbag1 's first one. Please use the 3 dots on the top right of your post to remove your solution and replace it with either one. Thanks. Stay safe. 

@a400ryan  Click on the ? and submit a ticket to PM using your wife's account and ask them to change the email on the account from yours to hers. Once that is done you can setup your account with your email.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@a400ryan Each sim requires separate account and email, but you can use the same credit card for all accounts to pay bills.

@a400ryan google how to add email aliases for your email provider. Make sure to keep them under 30 characters. Add them to your email account and use them to sign up. Don't forget to use your wife's referral code for the one time $10 credit.  Stay safe. 

eg; ryan@gmail

ryan+1..

ryan+2..

etc

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can only have one phone# per sim and email.

@a400ryan  to change the email to hers, you would have to contact the moderators to do it for you. Give them the new email that you would like the account associated with and ask them to change it. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

a400ryan

Do you I need to make new email account with mom+a400 etc 

a400ryan

Ideally looking to use one account for three numbers.  

To sure what an email alisies is.   Sorry wrong spelling 

@a400ryan  as long as its not exactly the same. For example 400ryan@gmail.com, 400ryan+mom@gmail.com and 400ryan+dad@gmail.com would be okay. Stay safe 

a400ryan

I set up wife’s number with new SIM card but my email.  

how can I change the email to hers so all matches 

I would then make new account with my email etc 

@a400ryan wrote:

Yes...using alias's is ok. If you have a gmail acct, those will facilitate alias's.

a400ryan

@a400ryan just one account per email address and sim card. email aliases are allowed. Just keep it under 30 characters. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Here's 4 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if you need them:

1. What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

4. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Please note your previous providers account must be active to port.  The port will close it once its completed. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Nope...each sim will need a separate account and different email addresses.. You can use the same credit card for payment though.

Need Help? Let's chat.