cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeframe to hear back from @Moderator_Team

Italrider
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've messaged @CS_Agent about 36 hours ago. Has anyone else had trouble receiving a response? Have I not waited long enough? 

Any help would be great. It's a bit of a shame that I can't speak to someone on the phone. 

59 REPLIES 59

killer23d
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@killer23d wrote:

Since I work as helpdesk as well, I think using a forum as a support platform is not sustainable because it is not meant for the job.

I would suggests using a ticket based support system like ZenDesk etc to organize the support requests so the system will filter out multiple requests and easier follow up etc.

I can't imagine Telus is using Lithium as support when there are better solution out there.

SO TRUE. Lithium is NOT up to the task. I am right NOW engaged with a mod identifying all the problems with it and I now FULLY understand that customers ARE falling through the cracks, and why. It is not even a TRUE messaging system (via private messaging) because it cannot thread discussions AND cannot see ALL the pms submitted in an efficient manner. Mods cannot even respond to anything they have missed....As a result, many pms ARE getting missed. OVER and OVER again.

It is no wonder customers are repeatedly having to resend pms AND why Public Mobile is overwhelmed. 

They ABSOLUTELY need a better platform for communication with the mods!

Or have a phone number so that urgent requests like service outages get resolved immediately. Koodo has been doing that since day 1 and the call would be free for support that is not available in self serve.

I understand PM is a low-cost MVNO, but low-cost is not an excuse to not having proper customer service, and especially Telus has the resources to do so.

@killer23d wrote:

Since I work as helpdesk as well, I think using a forum as a support platform is not sustainable because it is not meant for the job.

I would suggests using a ticket based support system like ZenDesk etc to organize the support requests so the system will filter out multiple requests and easier follow up etc.

I can't imagine Telus is using Lithium as support when there are better solution out there.

SO TRUE. Lithium is NOT up to the task. I am right NOW engaged with a mod identifying all the problems with it and I now FULLY understand that customers ARE falling through the cracks, and why. It is not even a TRUE messaging system (via private messaging) because it cannot thread discussions AND cannot see ALL the pms submitted in an efficient manner. Mods cannot even respond to anything they have missed....As a result, many pms ARE getting missed. OVER and OVER again.

It is no wonder customers are repeatedly having to resend pms AND why Public Mobile is overwhelmed. 

They ABSOLUTELY need a better platform for communication with the mods!

killer23d
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

You're welcome @Dunkman, and I apologize for any confusion the statement may have caused. 

Isn't the best way to celebrate Labour Day by working? 😛 hihihi, for our customers, I'll come into work on any holiday 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@Mary_M

Thanks for the update and explaination of this policy/procedure.  It was quite confusing when one of the moderator did make that statement several weeks ago.  Still limit the messages to moderator, but don't be afraid that it will bump your original request off the queue.  

Sorry that you have to work on a holiday monday, but thanks for coming in to help out the customers....

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @pm-smayer97,

I had sent a reply to your other thread but I figured that I'd comment on this one as well. 

"I wanted to clarify something in regards to what my colleague had stated that to the tools we use. Sending multiple requests does not bump you or make you lose priority - if you send me an initial message on Tuesday 2pm, and then send me another one Wednesday 3pm, it will not lose Tuesday's priority. That being said, it does cause backlog - as we need to filter through each and every single message. This also applies to commenting/creating multiple threads - it will create more messages which then becomes more time consuming to look into 1 case as they will not appear on the same thread on our end (it will create multiple threads)"

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@jp2 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 ya that's unfortunate as I've said there are bad mods. I don't think you are sent to the back of the line when replying to the mods where did you get that from?

You don't read very well. I highlighted the line from a reply by a mod in this very thread earlier.... see here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Timeframe-to-hear-back-from-Moderator-Tea...

@jp2 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 ya that's unfortunate as I've said there are bad mods. I don't think you are sent to the back of the line when replying to the mods where did you get that from?

You don't read very well. I highlighted the line from a reply by a mod in this very thread earlier.... see here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Timeframe-to-hear-back-from-Moderator-Tea...

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@220lr wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

And I just got a reply from a moderator to only ONE of my 6+ PMs and guess what I got as a reply?

May I ask you to let me know what specific issue you're experiencing?

In order to better assist you and for security reasons, may I ask you to provide me with your Public Mobile phone number and 4-Digit PIN?

ALL the info has been supplied BUT they do not even bother to read or look up all the info already given! UGH!

I guess I have to be PATIENT and go to the back of the queue again, aye?

Yah... that's the ticket!!!! (for those of you old enough to recall what that reference is).

Sorry about that. I'm still waiting as well. If I miss my call tomorrow there's absolutely NO WAY I'm continuing with this service. In fact, I'd terminate service immediately had the payment not been processed already (they don't refunds). Hopefully the rest of the world will also be PATIENT and understand that it's perfectly acceptable in the modern world to have no phone service for 2+ days. 

If you want to leave the service demand a refund if they won't give it to you file a complaint with the CRTC. I've heard of PM transfering the balance to koodo as well

jp2

@220lr I'm sorry if you are feeling lectured into switching. I'm simply trying to inform you that this company is unreliable and they may or may not do this purposely in an attempt to luer customers to koodo or Telus where the profit margins are larger. 

Would you like help changing your plan in self serve I've done it several times and would be more than happy to walk you through the process. 

220lr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

And I just got a reply from a moderator to only ONE of my 6+ PMs and guess what I got as a reply?

In order to better assist you and for security reasons, may I ask you to provide me with your Public Mobile phone number and 4-Digit PIN?

ALL the info has been supplied BUT they do not even bother to read or look up all the info already given! UGH!

Yah... that's the ticket!!!! (for those of you old enough to recall what that reference is).

Sorry about that. I'm still waiting as well. If I miss my call tomorrow there's absolutely NO WAY I'm continuing with this service. In fact, I'd terminate service immediately had the payment not been processed already (they don't refunds). Hopefully the rest of the world will also be PATIENT and understand that it's perfectly acceptable in the modern world to have no phone service for 2+ days. 

220lr

Again, good for you. I'm sure your help is appreciated, but no one's asking to be lectured at by someone who has been using PM for months when they've been using it for 2 years and it was far different (re: more efficient and functional website) for 1.5 years. Sure, I'd expect my line to be out of service for 2 days if there was a major problem that needed mod attention, but not if I needed to change my plan via the website like I've done before with no issue. And I'm certainly not interested in being lectured at to suddenly switch providers on a weekend in order to take an important phone call tomorrow after paying PM to have that service for Monday. 

jp2

Like I keep saying over and over if you aren't happy with the service go to a different company.

PM says it can take 48 hours for a response that's how I know a line could be down for days. 

Anyways we are just going in circles here you guys keep saying the service is unacceptable and I keep saying then go to a different provider that you find suitable. I don't think it's worth spending more time on this when there are other customers that actually want help; you will see in my profile how many people I've helped by how many bravos and solutions I have received 

220lr
@jp2 wrote:

No one is saying the website shouldn't be fixed you will see several of my posts are highly critical of the website functions not working, recently I even said PM should give up on fixing their website and build a while new one.

I'm saying when you have a problem you only need to send one message to the mods and I like how people who send multiple messages are sent to the back of the line because it makes it faster for me to get help. 

If you require high reliability service why would you be with PM they are not the right provider for you. PM is for people who want to save money by giving up everything not required including good customer service on a line that's just for non essential personal use that could be down for days

Again, a pretty ridiculous comment - "by giving up everything not required including good customer service on a line that's just for non-essential personal use that could be down for days". I'm not using this for business, I'm using this for personal use. However, if you're an adult, there are several important things that come up at times that all under the personal use category. "A line that could be down for days" was never part of PM's pitch. I have no idea how long you've been a customer, but from looking at your profile it only appears to be months. I've been a customer for 2 years and like I said, I went 1.5 years with only needing to contact the mod team once for clarification on an issue. During that time I was paying less and all my service needs were met (which really was a functional website so I could self-serve for the simple issues, meaning the mod team likely wasn't overworked with inane problems). So yes, maybe you're one of those who is more than happy to pay and have your line down for days but it's ridiculous to expect others to be fine with the same when that's not what they had ever signed up for. 

jp2

The company slogan is less for less. You pay less and you get less of everything including customer service quality. Where do you think they save all the money? It's by only having to pay a couple customer service agents instead of running an expensive call center full of staff. If you want more consider a different provider PM isn't for everyone.

Your experience of long wait times "6 days" is not accurate because as we discussed many times already you sent multiple messages to the mods putting you all the way to the back of the line each time. 

Current wait times are longer than usual and it is unfortunate they cannot always meet the 48 hour target. You get what you pay for.

@jp2 "PM is for people who want to save money by giving up everything not required including good customer service..."

Who says customer service has to be sacrificed? The discount that PM offers is not so great to warrant having such low level customer service....

BTW, it has now been 6 days since my initial inquiries and well over 24 hours since my last UNRELATED inquiry...NOT A SINGLE ONE has been responded to in less than 72 hours...

FAR from their advertised commitment...

@220lr Bingo!

If PM wants to be an online only self-serve company then it should provide the tools to do so, including online customer service.

jp2

No one is saying the website shouldn't be fixed you will see several of my posts are highly critical of the website functions not working, recently I even said PM should give up on fixing their website and build a while new one.

I'm saying when you have a problem you only need to send one message to the mods and I like how people who send multiple messages are sent to the back of the line because it makes it faster for me to get help. 

If you require high reliability service why would you be with PM they are not the right provider for you. PM is for people who want to save money by giving up everything not required including good customer service on a line that's just for non essential personal use that could be down for days

220lr

@jp2 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

It teaches you not to ask questions. It teaches you that PM does not have a good handle on their process. 

You can go the back of the queue every time if you like... but it makes zero customer service sense.

PM is a discount service for people that don't need much help and prefer to do everything themselves. If you want to ask questions why not ask the community. The only time it is necessary to contact the mods is if there is an account issue. 

If everyone is asking a bunch of questions the wait times get long then PM has to hire more staff then my plan cost goes up. So I rarely contact mods and never contact them for questions only problems. If you like lots of customer service support there are other company that would be happy to double your monthly cost 

BTW I am never sent back to the back of the line because I send only ONE message with all the info then I patiently wait for their response. I've never had to wait more than a day 

Good for you. The problem is that the Mods would not be bombarded with questions if something like the most basic website functions were fixed. Ex: Changing a password, Updating a plan. I chose this for the self-serve aspect rather than waiting on hold with customer service. The issue is when the most basic problems that can be resolved in a mere second through the website now need mod assistance. I've been a customer for 2 years and went 1.5 years only having to contact the mod team once. In the last few months however, I've had to contact them over the most inane things because the website doesn't function properly. 

And your last sentence says it all - "I've never had to wait more than a day". In what world is that good service, certainly not in the modern world. It's not a matter of patience - it's a matter of needing to be reachable for important things. I have an important call to take on Monday. If my phone is not working then despite paying for that service (it took 1 click to do two things - top up my account + activate my plan - of course, only the account was topped up but my phone is still out of service), then there are consequences for me, so it's not just a matter of being patient. 

NEXT...

jp2

I actually did read your post and like I say if you only sent one message with all the details at the beginning that would be helpful. Don't bother asking questions just send a message if there is a problem. Also be patient. 

I'm not sure if you are sent to the back of the line when you are replying to a mod. I think you are only sent to the back when you send a new message. This is nice because pateint customers always pass the nagging impatient ones in the line.

If you don't like the service, there are several other companies offering Mobile services 

Glad it has worked out for you but has not been my experience. And I have only been a paying customer for about 3 months.

And yes, all my inquiries are account related... 

BTW, you clearly did not read my post... those scenarios are real!

jp2

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

It teaches you not to ask questions. It teaches you that PM does not have a good handle on their process. 

You can go the back of the queue every time if you like... but it makes zero customer service sense.

PM is a discount service for people that don't need much help and prefer to do everything themselves. If you want to ask questions why not ask the community. The only time it is necessary to contact the mods is if there is an account issue. 

If everyone is asking a bunch of questions the wait times get long then PM has to hire more staff then my plan cost goes up. So I rarely contact mods and never contact them for questions only problems. If you like lots of customer service support there are other company that would be happy to double your monthly cost 

BTW I am never sent back to the back of the line because I send only ONE message with all the info then I patiently wait for their response. I've never had to wait more than a day 

OH, and don't forget to take all your issues and questions with you.

jp2

I don't have a problem with this model. It teaches patients. 

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello everyone! 

We  hope you're doing well!

We sincerely apologize for the long wait for a response to your messages, however, kindly note that when you send multiple messages, you're only delaying the response as you lose your priority in the queue. In fact, for every new message you send, you go back at the bottom of the queue; so if you send 3 messages for instance, you will be back at the bottom of  the queue for the 2 other times you've sent a message. Considering the high volume of messages we're currently experiencing, this delays the responses even more. 

We understand that you need assistance with your inquiries and we are doing our best to respond to everyone of you however, it would be very much appreciated if you could send just one message in order to avoid much longer waiting time.  

Thanks again for your patience and understanding! 

Does this apply if, say, I send two messages but they're for different questions with different subject lines? Over the last 24 hours, I've had to send a few messages, but each one was for its own discrete, unrelated issue. Did I shoot myself in the foot on my wait time for issue 1 because I had 2 more unrelated issues while waiting for a response to issue 1?

That is EXACTLY what they are saying... see my previous post (just seconds before yours 😉  )

Yeah, I saw that, which made me want to clarify. I agree that it COULD be interpreted that way, but also maybe not? 

@cappaj wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello everyone! 

We  hope you're doing well!

We sincerely apologize for the long wait for a response to your messages, however, kindly note that when you send multiple messages, you're only delaying the response as you lose your priority in the queue. In fact, for every new message you send, you go back at the bottom of the queue; so if you send 3 messages for instance, you will be back at the bottom of  the queue for the 2 other times you've sent a message. Considering the high volume of messages we're currently experiencing, this delays the responses even more. 

We understand that you need assistance with your inquiries and we are doing our best to respond to everyone of you however, it would be very much appreciated if you could send just one message in order to avoid much longer waiting time.  

Thanks again for your patience and understanding! 

Does this apply if, say, I send two messages but they're for different questions with different subject lines? Over the last 24 hours, I've had to send a few messages, but each one was for its own discrete, unrelated issue. Did I shoot myself in the foot on my wait time for issue 1 because I had 2 more unrelated issues while waiting for a response to issue 1?

That is EXACTLY what they are saying... see my previous post (just seconds before yours 😉  )

Ok...so it seems that every time I called out the moderator_team in my post with @, the post would post BUT it would not show up in the forum...

So taking out the @ seems to have corrected this....strange behaviour...

Need Help? Let's chat.