cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 - Phone will NOT receive or send MMS

SMBrossard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Current issue:

Phone can receive MMS but cannot send MMS.

Previous issue (now half fixed): 

Phone could not send or receive MMS. I put some additions onto my APN which eventually fixed the receiving issue, but did not fix the sending issue. 

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S7 - Verizon Unlocked - Brand new and started using Oct 31 2017

Trouble Shooting

• Resetting did not work
  • Placed SIM in previous phone - Motorola G4 - MMS could receive and send with no issues.
  • Girlfriend has a Galaxy S7 as well - Bell Mobile, unlocked manually, currently using Public Mobile as well - but has no issues sending or receiving MMS.
  • Downloaded and used TEXTRA (3rd party app) - Still did not send MMS
  • All basics trouble shooting has been done as well - Data is turned on, ect. 
  • Changed Access Point to this below

Screenshot_20171105-090214.jpg

Thank you for your time and I hope someone can help me figure out why my phone cannot send MMS

10 REPLIES 10

funto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

funto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A similar thing happened to me where I had my mms messaging working but then inputed different apn settings to test something. After I switched back to my original apn settings, my phone could no longer send or recieve mms messages. Were you able to fix the issue when it happened to you? Thanks!

Awesome! Looks like you had a typo in the original screenshot (hhtp instead of http).

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad you got it working.

SMBrossard

@sheytoon@Taekgun @CS_Agent

Thank you for your help. I ended up asking a friend to have a look at my phone, and he solved the problem. 

Here are the APN settings that worked for me: 

Screenshot_20171105-233555.jpg

@SMBrossard

Have you tried changing the CSC to TLS (Telus)? It would remove Verizon restrictions from your phone's software.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello SMBrossard,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In order to better assist you, please send us a Private Message.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Taekgun

Odd, well then this is likely a back-end issue that the mods need to take a look at.  I've just testing mine and I've sent and received and MMS with those APN settings.

I'm sure you know, but use this link to send the mods a private message: @CS_Agent

SMBrossard

@Taekgun

I tried your APN and it did not work, the MMS would not receive and it would not send as well. 

A bigger issue now is that when I put my old APN in, my phone no longer receives MMS, when before it was only an issue with sending. 

I have now gone back a step in my progress Robot Frustrated

When you say you "reset" your phone, is this a factory reset? or simply restarting the phone?

Taekgun

@SMBrossard

I'm also using an s7 on PM, using the Canadian version of the phone (SM-G930W8) but our APN settings should be the same.  I was having this issue for a day or two but re-entering the APN and a reset appears to have done the trick for me.

See below for my screenshots:Screenshot_20171105-110940.png

Screenshot_20171105-110948.png

Screenshot_20171105-110955.png

Need Help? Let's chat.