Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Technical Issues

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hey Community, 

From time to time Lithium, our community platform, updates the system and causes some issues that changes how we interact with this community. Issues such as users are not receiving community notifications OR users are not being redirected to the first unread post. These examples might change the way we browse this community.

Use this topic to discuss and report any Community related issues. Out staff member, @David_J, will use this to track all reported issues. Let's help him to make this community even better. 

Thank you. 

502 REPLIES 502

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa 

Found it! But isn't it fitting that no one has posted since it was unceremoniously unpinned with the new community except for the previous poster who spammed it. Wow 11 months without a post when this used to be the go to thread for community technical issues. I've got one too....

@J_PM 

Did you forget my birthday present? Please I hit the 2500 image limit a month ago on my birthday?!! It's a pain trying to find images to delete that won't affect the thread they are in? Please up the image limit. Please and thank you!

marialawrence
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visit. broad spectrum cbd oil https://netherleafs.com/product/cbd-oil/

@marialawrence 

Nice one on finding this formerly pinned post....the community forum is a bit of one giant technical issue for the next couple of days.

marialawrence
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New web site is looking good. Thanks for the great effort....

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

I'm sure pm is aware as is the industry in general as all 3 major providers are performing equipment upgrades on cell towers. However pinning an announcement on the landing page explaining how these upgrades in particular cause a calling issue for pm customers is an excellent idea. Including a troubleshooting guide with the fix (switch to 3G/WCDMA only) and an approximate time period to expect the issue to be resolved ( a few days? a week?) locally for the customer would go a long way in keeping customers informed and in the end less frustated with their service/provider when they understand that these upgrades are industry wide.

@darlicious   Yeah, I'm also sure that PM is quite aware that this upgrade of equipment is affecting many customers.  The least they could do is put an announcement up to that effect and it really shouldn't require any prompting from users in this forum either!

@dabr 

I'm sure pm is aware as is the industry in general as all 3 major providers are performing equipment upgrades on cell towers. However pinning an announcement on the landing page explaining how these upgrades in particular cause a calling issue for pm customers is an excellent idea. Including a troubleshooting guide with the fix (switch to 3G/WCDMA only) and an approximate time period to expect the issue to be resolved ( a few days? a week?) locally for the customer would go a long way in keeping customers informed and in the end less frustated with their service/provider when they understand that these upgrades are industry wide.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM    There seems to be an increase in the number of customers (inc. long term) reporting not receiving calls lately.  The workaround seems to be to switch to 3G/WCDMA network mode setting and in most cases that seems to work.

Is PM aware of this?  If they are, perhaps some sort of a heads up announcement to this effect could be done? 

@J_PM 

Is there any chance you can get the photo upload limit increased from 2000? I have delete one to upload one now. While I am deleting duplicates it would be nice to not be limited to 2000. Thx!!😃

Thanks @computergeek541 

I have sent a request to our tech team, they're looking into this glitch. 

@David_J @J_PM 

Message posts in the Announcements category are no longer showng up as new messages. They are automatically get marked as being read even if they haven't yet (only in English-language forum, working fine in French-language Forum).

@softech 

Yes when I click on drafts on the french side it gives me the invalid html warning and will not let me post. My guess is because of google translate....

@darlicious I just did a test for the draft on the french side it works.

were you not able to find your draft ?  or you found it and just not able to post after going back to the draft?

If you are not able to find the draft.. there is a draft on the friend side too.. you have to stay on the French side and then click My Profile (Mon Profil) on the french side to see the French Draft.

I should try to draft idea.. usually I just post and modify after..lol.

@softech 

Lol...I am very old school and still not very tech savvy. I do sometimes save things in my memo but usually that is only if I am typing out something for my private messages as when it wants to my tablet just freezes up or randomly reboots itself....I have lost many a long private message this way. 

However in regular replies the system will almost always autosave your reply in your drafts in your community profile. I have made a habit of typing out a reply but if I want to add a link I will then use the search bar to find the link/thread I want and go to it, copy it and then go to my drafts to add the link and post. ( Rather than post and edit to add the link.) I prefer to not use chrome as I don't find all of its features that user friendly for me.

As you may have noticed I only usually copy and paste my payment method which is saved in my drafts and my private message method which isn't saved and I end up searching for it in my posts in my profile. I've been meaning to save it.....one of these times. Otherwise I just type each post "long hand" so it's personalized.

But the french side will not let me post from a draft or if I edit my post. Which means I can't easily correct typos which drive me crazy if I miss them before I post.

@darlicious  not sure you what meant.. what you do meant by post edited post or draft?  I wonder if i even use that on the English side

i usually just paste my note that I saved on notepad myself.. i see people always able to post nicely formatted post.. (esp there is a member always post All BOLD answers.. and honest , i really hope he can be UNBOLD them..   that's why he thinks some Oracles are targeting him.. lol ).. i am very basic.. still using my notepad as my own knowledge base and copy and paste .. that's why you see my posts not formatted a lot

I haven't see David answer at all.. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous - Thanks... is there a schedule for replies?  I noticed a lot of posts here and was just highlighting an(other) issue based on some suggestions from another thread.  My life doesn't allow me to live on here either.  😅

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB : That question was asked on Wednesday. The next post was Friday night. I don't think David_J will answer today. Maybe. Doubt it. He didn't answer right away on Wed or Thu or Fri anyway.

@softech 

Strange I cannot post edited posts or drafts on the french side. I have to copy and paste and start anew.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@David_J 😎

Disappearing messages seems to pop up on occasion, whether being sent to Unmoderated Items or SPAM(?) flag or something else.  Is there anyway to understand when we've tripped one of the rules/etc so we know what we've done and avoid doing it again?

There are other issues that others have mentioned but I think this is a good primer to kick off with in hopes we get a response to understand this better... thanks!

(Bumping this...)

@softech wrote:

@David_J 

May I know what is the rule for the system to "banned" messages and moved it to Unmoderated items?

For most cases, I notice replies with URLs could cause the issue

I also had experience with  email addresses , i was trying to show what an alias email address is

I also have experience with no URL and no email, very simply reply got trapped there:

softech_0-1622662081606.png

Also, the Edit feature within Unmoderated box looks useless, once a email is "trapped" there no matter what I did, removing the URL, email address, etc, I can never get the message out of the Unmoderated box.

Kindly look into the issue and advise.  I would love to know how to avoid the traps in the future  🙂

I replied in French.. I know a bit from before.. but very rusty.. lol

@softech 

Well yes and do you reply in french or in english on the french side?

@darlicious  you meant the invalid HTML error message?

I got that in English too.  Whenever I try to copy and paste from other homepage, I got that too..  I think I got this every single time.  Sometimes found a solution online and paste it adn I will get that error.  But usually I clicked post the 2nd time and it's all good.

@softech 

Lol...you are missing my point. Read the last few posts of my conversation with @Anonymous  and you will understand my question.

@Anonymous 

The system just did it to me again when I tried go edit a couple of typos. Maybe you just can't edit an english post on the french side?

@darlicious huh?  you have to click on the Francais button on top to change to the French Community..

@softech 

How do you reply on the french side?

@Anonymous 

Lol...thats a lot of work!🙄

I am assuming that since google translates the french side all into english for me it would do the same for french users and translate my english post into french. Does it not?

Well at least I learned @Lieux is @Places in english!🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I'm likely doing it the long way. I seem to think I've heard of people doing almost inline. I copy the French, paste it into GT, read the English, delete and change source to English and start typing and translate it to French, then copy the French out to my reply here. It's pretty much why I rarely do any French stuff here.

Yes, why would you reply to a French post in English?

@Anonymous 

Well as I said I have no idea how it works....am I supposed to click on it or something before I post to translate and post my reply in french?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I've edited both. No difference. I still don't know why you're using Google Translate. I use it to translate to English to know what was said. Then I use it to translate my response to French.

I see you outputting English. I'm still confused.

Need Help? Let's chat.