cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox got a new look?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Was it my page not rendered properly or inbox really got a new look?

if  it is a new look.. i don't think I like it...

77 REPLIES 77

@Anonymous 

How are you looking for them? I can't figure out how other than scrolling.....and how many messages are we talking?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : That made me look. I have all pm's going back to when I started here. Yeah yeah I'm a pack rat.

@David_J 

Some kind of warning would have been nice....I keep my private messages for proof along with storing info and now I can only access a couple of months of messages? I've lost a whole host of important reference material and contacts for my referrals among other things. At least if we had been given a heads up I could of extracted that information beforehand. Can they be restored?

This is an unmitigated disaster!!

I agree with most of what's being said about the new inbox.

@David_J 

I'm sure that Public Mobile is still working on these changes, but the current version of the Community inbox is bordering on unusable.  

The sections are not resizeable, and when it comes to sizing, the left hand plane is much too much too small.  The avatar isn't the most important thing, but that's the only thing that's properly visible. To even see the title or find out who sent the message, and others have said, the member should not have to click on and open the message. 

... but question is .. out of all the different part of they site.. why would they touch inbox?.. and no one ever use the computer browser to check their "great" work?  they don't see what I see? 

Yes, the message body on the right is good.. just like an email program... but... the list of the the message on the left?  I only see the avatar .. and couple words. not even a full line of the subject.. they don't see what I see? or the QA has no message in their inbox?  or their message subjects are only TEST and nothing else?

softech_0-1627569787853.png

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Here is what happened. PM management got some dollars to upgrade the web site. They are getting complaints about it as they did a few weeks ago when it leaked. Know they are saying to Telus…..what should we do? Telus is saying…,leave it….you wanted to change..,.we gave you the money to do it……didn’t you consult with the users first??

@ShawnC13 

It has been communicated to me by more than one Oracle that the community board is not supported by the oracle(s) and its elimination will be cause for celebration ( my words). But my other comments on the purpose of the community as a whole speak to its future relevance.

barndoor

@will13am wrote:

Wow, why break something that didn't need fixing?  

That says it all  ....  tweaks and tucks are good  ...radical facelifts can be risky . 

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

This new Inbox/Sent messages layout is TERRIBLE!!!! @CS_Agent  @J_PM   PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!!!

It is NOT AT ALL practical! I can no longer list all my inbox or sent messages and glance through to find the content... I have to open up each one individually to find what I want or rely on the terrible search engine....

AND I have to click on "Expand full message" each time to read it...

What is the point of this change? I see NO benefit... just inconvenience!!!

unnecessary extra steps all around.

PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!!!!!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Wow, why break something that didn't need fixing?  

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Geez how did I miss this a week ago? Oh right I pretty much treat the community graveyard board like most people treat the lounge. Well the oracles have done a bang up job of achieving their goal....it won't be long now 'til the community is not only no longer relevant but eliminated. Careful what you wish for.....you might get it!

What are the Oracle's goals that we have done a great job of achieving????

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Geez how did I miss this a week ago? Oh right I pretty much treat the community graveyard board like most people treat the lounge. Well the oracles have done a bang up job of achieving their goal....it won't be long now 'til the community is not only no longer relevant but eliminated. Careful what you wish for.....you might get it!

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't like it. And from the previous trial run, I also don't like the recommendations below. Too much clutter as said.

Production trial run.. i guess we are not just their "low (almost no) paid" Level 1 Support.. but Also QA now..   🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhh...turn on batch processing to get the check boxes. I think that might come back to haunt me elsewhere. We'll see.

Firefox desktop with several add-ons - right side "preview"

Chrome desktop pretty much original - right side "preview"

Edge same

Firefox mobile on A11 with only a few add-ons - no right side preview

Chrome mobile pretty much original - no right side preview

Samsung browser same

I don't like it. And from the previous trial run, I also don't like the recommendations below. Too much clutter as said.

Edit: @softech : interesting find. It's the right link but it goes to the wrong place.

I think I found a bug.. does everyone have the same experience?

@J_PM  @CS_Agent , if I put my mouse over someone's name , the person "info card" comes up, if I click on Send Message, it bring me to the Inbox but it does not bring me to the new compose message window.

To send a message, I have to click on the person's name to open the profile page and then click "Send this user a private message" to bring up the compose message window

softech_2-1628199697309.png

Unlike lasts time (a week or 2 ago), the new inbox layout was rolled back to the old one immediately.  This new inbox layout has been up for over 10 hours but it still have all these issues.  Is there any plan to rollback to the old one or have these issues fixed?

I like the search function but otherwise not impressed with the private messaging changes in fact I am rather annoyed. Looks like most of my messages will have to be off site and copy and pasted into the reply box.

I recommend PM dumps recommendations!

@J_PM 

If it ain't broke don't fix it! How about fixing the broken spirit of the community instead? Lipstick on a pig is well still.......?🐖💄🐽

Yes, I thought I widen my browser window would help but no.  It is what it is .  😞

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It would be better if the mailbox took up 90% of the screen on a computer browser instead of just 60%.

@hTideGnow wrote:

Also, how they generate the Recommendations list at the bottom?  why those posts are on the recommendations list?  Or they just randomly recommend something?

It seems to be based on words used in the title or messages that an AI sources thinks are related.  I think that the recommendations add clutter.

I have problem with my inbox, too

Also, how they generate the Recommendations list at the bottom?  why those posts are on the recommendations list?  Or they just randomly recommend something?

Yeah, not too much of a fan at first glance.  

Hopefully, the layout gets tweaked, as I do see the potential.

I WILL SAY A BIG BONUS/PLUS to this change is.....

Those tick boxes actually WORK. YEAH!

esjliv_0-1628197472694.png

YOU CAN select multiple messages and delete them if you choose too. Go to the 3 dots and the options seems to be functional. 

esjliv_1-1628197589137.png

barrascuk

@softech wrote:

...  And why would they spend programming payroll to BREAK something that works 

That's my morning chuckle. 

...  And why would they spend programming payroll to BREAK something that works 

barrascuk

I am using on my MacBook. I have to agree!!!!!!!  

And why would they spend programming payroll on something what works vs all the other things that don't??????? Not to mention make some new stuff like a PDF receipt from a date range and to be able to set your time zone for "usage". And to add dates for time of purchase for add-ons. And give an indication of why referral $'s don't match phone numbers on the list....by phone number. 

My iPhone SE is pointless to do anything using the Community or My Account. 

@Anonymous 

i am ok with the recommend thing..  just that  my inbox is not seeing much.. can't resize..

hate it hate it and hate it

@J_PM   do you notice that the inbox cannot be resized on a computer browser.. i don't see much in terms of subject line and who sent it .. other than the avatar.. 

softech_0-1627569787853.png

The ugly layout in inbox (unable to resize...) just come back again!!!

Don't tell me this is staying this time.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's baaaack. I still don't like the recommended clutter down below a thread.

@esjliv  you came in late.. you missed it.. they reverted back.. i guess I screamed too loud..lol

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv !!! Did you read the thread?! 🙂

@Anonymous  - i thought I did.  But i haven't checked my usual devices yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv !!! Did you read the thread?! 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.