cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: iPhone Update

Yea everything works now. I can send pic messages they iMessage and regular mms. And I'm using iPhone 5
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi there.

Did you get anywhere with this problem?

I'm having the same problems as you

Highlighted

@Krystal_D wrote:
Yea everything works now. I can send pic messages they iMessage and regular mms. And I'm using iPhone 5

Hey Krystal,

glad to hear its working for you. I was wondering if you know of a solution for those on Iphone 4 firmware 7.1.2?

Other than buying an Iphone 5 that is...

Thanks,

Highlighted

Problem is fixed. Follow the step at the top of this post. Then just make sure ur cellular data is turned on. That's all I did and mine works great without having a data plan
Highlighted

Not sure about the 4 but my step son has I iPhone 4s and it works for his. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.
Highlighted

No, it still doesn't work for an iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2. Just don't have those settings....

I believe iPhone 4S uses higher iOS.

Dear PublicMobile, please answer something about this issue.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You need iOS 8 if I am not mistaken and have carrier settings for Koodo 18.2 in order to edit the apn settings.
Highlighted

iPhone 4 doesn't support iOS 8Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can download the apn settings from www.unlockit.co.nz for iPhones on iOS 7.1.2 to get data to work and then iMsg should work as well as data.

As for MMS (pic text) you can always use whatsapp (as long as they use it) as its free for people that are not on an iPhone.
Tags (1)
Highlighted

@Val_T wrote:

We are pleased to announce that the technical issue identified in our December post has been resolved with Apple’s release of the new carrier bundle (18.2).

The steps outlined below, to change the APN settings remain the same.  Once the APN settings have been completed customers will notice a slight delay accessing services whenever they perform  a power cycle, SIM swap, toggle between airplane mode, or when turning LTE on/off.  Customers may experience a 30-60 second delay accessing voice and data services on HSPA, and up to a 12 minute delay accessing LTE data service.  During the 30 second delay your device will display “No Service” in the signal banner area.

Please note, some applications such as iMessage, may require a text messaging plan in order to work.

We recognize that there are still some issues, and will continue to work on improving the experience for our iPhone customers.

To access data, follow these instructions to change your APN settings:

1. Insert your Public Mobile SIM card into your unlocked iPhone. 
2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”
4. Tap “Cellular Data Network”
5. Change your APN values to match the table below:

*Only update the fields that are circled. Leave every other field empty

iPhoneMMS.png

I have spoken to quite a few people about this common problem we're all having. How did you get all of those settings available? Did you alter your APN and then re installed it because all the people i have spoken with only have the "Personal Hotspot" setting available as seen here from my iphone 4:IMG_0770.PNG

Need Help? Let's chat.