cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: iPhone Update


@blaze697 wrote:

@Val_T wrote:

We are pleased to announce that the technical issue identified in our December post has been resolved with Apple’s release of the new carrier bundle (18.2).

 

The steps outlined below, to change the APN settings remain the same.  Once the APN settings have been completed customers will notice a slight delay accessing services whenever they perform  a power cycle, SIM swap, toggle between airplane mode, or when turning LTE on/off.  Customers may experience a 30-60 second delay accessing voice and data services on HSPA, and up to a 12 minute delay accessing LTE data service.  During the 30 second delay your device will display “No Service” in the signal banner area.

 

Please note, some applications such as iMessage, may require a text messaging plan in order to work.

 

We recognize that there are still some issues, and will continue to work on improving the experience for our iPhone customers.

 

To access data, follow these instructions to change your APN settings:

1. Insert your Public Mobile SIM card into your unlocked iPhone. 
2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”
4. Tap “Cellular Data Network”
5. Change your APN values to match the table below:

*Only update the fields that are circled. Leave every other field empty

 

iPhoneMMS.png


I have spoken to quite a few people about this common problem we're all having. How did you get all of those settings available? Did you alter your APN and then re installed it because all the people i have spoken with only have the "Personal Hotspot" setting available as seen here from my iphone 4:IMG_0770.PNG


Sorry about the size of the screen shot:)

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: iPhone Update


@DK wrote:
You can download the apn settings from www.unlockit.co.nz for iPhones on iOS 7.1.2 to get data to work and then iMsg should work as well as data.

As for MMS (pic text) you can always use whatsapp (as long as they use it) as its free for people that are not on an iPhone.

As far as I'm concerned, this was Bang on! pretty cool WAP site allowing you to create and modify your own APN, and then it also sends it to your phone....as far as MMS goes, guess we're stuck with Whatsapp for the time being until Apple gives up its grip on the world...

I was sending too many Selfies anyways...

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: iPhone Update

I purchasedy iPhone 5 from a friend who was with Rogers. All I did was get it unlocked. Nothing else. But I have all the settings like the picture at top of this post. Did not alter anything at all beside what was needed to get mms.
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: iPhone Update


@Krystal_D wrote:
Yea everything works now. I can send pic messages they iMessage and regular mms. And I'm using iPhone 5

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that its working cuz your sending to other iphones right? Now trying sending to another cell other than iphone and tell me what happens...

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: iPhone Update

Nope I have sent pictures to people with androids and iPhones and they both work with out any problems.
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: iPhone Update


@Gavran wrote:

iPhone 4 doesn't support iOS 8Smiley Sad

 


but Iphone 4s does...:(

 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: iPhone Update

My step son has iphone 4s and he's works np either. I'm sorry I can't explain it better. It sucks that it's not working for everyone 😞
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: iPhone Update


@Krystal_D wrote:
I purchasedy iPhone 5 from a friend who was with Rogers. All I did was get it unlocked. Nothing else. But I have all the settings like the picture at top of this post. Did not alter anything at all beside what was needed to get mms.

Hey Krystal,

I know why you have more settings now, Rogers APN setting are different from Public Mobiles. I bet you if you goto General>Profiles, you'll see that you have a Rogers profile installed still. let me know.

 

Cheers

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: iPhone Update


@Krystal_D wrote:
Nope I have sent pictures to people with androids and iPhones and they both work with out any problems.

I'm starting to hate you and your Magical phone now:( wahhhh! Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: iPhone Update


@blaze697 wrote:

@Krystal_D wrote:
I purchasedy iPhone 5 from a friend who was with Rogers. All I did was get it unlocked. Nothing else. But I have all the settings like the picture at top of this post. Did not alter anything at all beside what was needed to get mms.

Hey Krystal,

I know why you have more settings now, Rogers APN setting are different from Public Mobiles. I bet you if you goto General>Profiles, you'll see that you have a Rogers profile installed still. let me know.

 

Cheers


Out of curiousity, how much did you shell out to get it unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.