cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Update and APN settings

Val_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The steps outlined below, to change the APN settings remain the same.  Once the APN settings have been completed customers will notice a slight delay accessing services whenever they perform  a power cycle, SIM swap, toggle between airplane mode, or when turning LTE on/off.  Customers may experience a 30-60 second delay accessing voice and data services on HSPA, and up to a 12 minute delay accessing LTE data service.  During the 30 second delay your device will display “No Service” in the signal banner area.

We recognize that there are still some issues, and will continue to work on improving the experience for our iPhone customers.

To access data, follow these instructions to change your APN settings:

1. Insert your Public Mobile SIM card into your unlocked iPhone. 
2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”
4. Tap “Cellular Data Network”
5. Change your APN values to match the table below:

*Only update the fields that are circled. Leave every other field empty

iPhoneMMS.png

Good News: iMessage and FaceTime should work on all the plans which include Data and SMS feature

290 REPLIES 290

Scoop
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That should read 250 megs lol

Scoop

Thanks to all the help I received on here. As I said I am no on Koodo and that seems to be working OK. I just used their US roaming feature---$40 for 10 days--in florida and that worked flawlessly., Had phone service and I think 250 gigs of data which served my needs for checking email ansd facebook. Best of luck to all you guys and gals on here but don't be afraid tochange lol.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I'm so happy everything has finally been solved for you :). I'm obviously very door it took so long but at least it's done. I hope you're satisfied.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'm so happy everything has finally been solved for you :). I'm obviously very door it took so long but at least it's done. I hope you're satisfied.

alexbeau22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello @Rockdaddy22,

They finally fixed my issue.  They have, at least,  to re-create my user profile.

That was long it takes about 2 months to fix!  😞

Alexandre!

imm1304

Hi @CFW!

From Safari browser on your iPhone, go to www.unlockit.co.nz

Foolow the instructions on their page and select the carrier options and download the APN configuration file to your phone and install it.  

Older iphones don't allow manual configuration of the APN settings needed for data to work.  This is the workaround that lots of people have been using successfully.  

CFW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello@shazia. I have an Iphone4 and not 4s. I cannot get data while out and about. Have not been able to since buying this package. Can you please help. Thank you.

Rockdaddy22
It's definitely a weird issue, I'm curious to hear the solution.

imm1304

@alexbeau22,

I am confident that everyone has the ability to use the tethering/hotspot function and it is not restricted by PM.  This is most likely a device specific issue for your phone.

Lets request @Shazia_K to take a look and offer any help.  Send your public mobile phone number via a private message to her along with the description of the problem.  

alexbeau22

Hi @imm1304!

Just go an email for PM French support (KMM59514928V61432L0KM), they told me that only few customer get tethering working, and they cannot do anything to help me fix this.

Do you have a contact at PM who can help me with my issue?   I'm pretty convince there is problem either with new PM SIM or in the settings of my account a PM.

Thanks for your help!

Alexandre!

Rockdaddy22
Have you contacted  to see if they can help.

alexbeau22

I know how to do tethering, I do it with same phone with my FIDO SIM.

You're not helping.

Smiley Frustrated

alexbeau22

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

have tried to delete my profiles and reboot but got no success.

Have tried my SIM with and unlock iPhone 4 & unlock iPad air and neither work.

On my iPhone I got the other unit connected, but without internet, on the 2 other unit, got message that tethering not supported and need to contact TELUS to fix this.

I have receive 3 SIM from PM and all of them gives me the same problem.

I have a ticket open with french support of PM but they don't help me much.

Do you know a way to escalate my case with PM?

Thanks!

Alexandre!

Rockdaddy22
I have no problem tethering on my iPhone 7. If you don't get it figured out, I'd give  a call.

imm1304

Hi @alexbeau22!

Your post was buried at the end of a very old thread.  You can start a new thread to get more attention quickly next time.

In your phone's settings > Profiles, delete any profiles that exist.  Next check for update and install the Carrier update from Public Mobile.  Reboot.  This should fix any issues relating to APN settings as the cause of your tethering problems.

I can confirm for you that the tethering is not blocked by PM and everyone is able to use it.. on rare occasions, after a bit of troubleshooting specific to their device.  

alexbeau22

Hello,

my data is working on my phone, but cannot do tethering.  The other device connect to wi-fi but go no internet, cannot connect to servers to do something.

I have an iPhone 7 plus, and only go 3 lines for APN, user and password in settings.

Tried a 2n PM sim without success.

When I put my PM sim in my iPad go message to call TELUS go get Internet sharing working.

Someone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Alexandre!

LadyJ86
My 5c IPhone still will not work and APN table does not look the same as this

Scoop

@rhabot wrote:

this seemed to solve my problem.  I had been using an app called Onavo extend to limit my data use.  Deleting the profile was the final step that got things working.

@Thanks @rhabot. I no longer have the iphone. I returned it and got a good Galaxy s3 from @jeremyesq which is serving me well.

Scoop[

rhabot

this seemed to solve my problem.  I had been using an app called Onavo extend to limit my data use.  Deleting the profile was the final step that got things working.

Scoop

i couldnèt register my Iphone 4 because the ASN VPN is burned into the phone  by Telus the original provider. Cannot be changed according to our techs. So I am returning the phone purchased on Ebay and the seller is going to fix me up with another phone. Seller was Techbuy in Newmarket.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Apple-iPhone-4-Telus-Koodo-Public-Mobile-8GB-WiFi-Black-/181809111625?ssPageN...

emily8898

Hi there,I'm using iphone6.I did the set up you told me and the data is working, but why it's showing 3G instead of LTE?

Rockdaddy22
You'll need to visit that site and follow the directions It's good for older iPhones

Rockdaddy22

Scoop

I boughty an I phone 4--- on ebay from Techbuy in newmarket. It came  with a telus Sim card but is suposed to be unlocked  I cannot put the PM Apn settings in this phone. Only allows me to enter the sp.mb.com but nothing underneath that. Only thing below it is Username and Password. Chand the ownerat techbuy  swears he has sold many of these for PM use. Ive had it into Telus, and a phone unlock store . My understanding is that the APN setting on this particular phone are (burned in) and cannot be changed. Thats what PM tech told me over the phone. Any body know anything about this. looks mike my only solution is to return the phone.  thanks

Rockdaddy22
So you got it all working, that's great news. So deleting the old profile worked? Or was it something else?

Popcorn

I would like to know this aswell.

CoffeeBot

Nope, it's gone for me. It looks like all the information gets correctly pulled from the carrier. I've tested imessage, SMS, MMS, and data. It's all working great. I'm going to be porting over my number and cancelling my old Bell Plan (I was hesitant to do so because of my corperate rate)

Rockdaddy22
Does a profile still show up? I have an unlocked iPhone 7 from  and I don't have any profile. I don't even see profile when I go to settings, general. The word profile isn't even there for me

CoffeeBot

No, unlocked iPhone 7 from Apple. I do seem to be getting data, however I can't verify if my MMS/iMessage is working as my friends are all still asleep Smiley Indifferent

Edit: I've removed the beta provisioning profile and restarted the device twice. No APN settings outside of the personal hotspot options are showing up.

Edit 2: I've attempted removing an ad blocking VPN. Still no luck.

Edit 3: Previous network was with Bell

Rockdaddy22
Are you coming from Wind? Either way I'd delete the profile and reboot, it should automatically latch on to the PM/Telus/Koodo network.

CoffeeBot

I'm seeing the same thing as everyone else. I do have a profile installed however it's the iOS Beta Software Profile.

iPhone 7

iOS 10.2

Need Help? Let's chat.